Buffalo vs New England

The Bills need to find a way to beat New England at least once in order to have a chance to win the division and make the playoffs.

Last year we played them early in the season and we beat them by simply outscoring them. I think we can do it again.

What do the Bills look like on offense this year vs last year (in other words, are they better or worse on offense this year vs last year?)??

IMHO, the Bills are better.

They've replaced LT Glenn for Bell and they have added WR Hagan/TE Dickerson/WR Graham to the mix.

The team is better prepared to utilize B. Smith in the Wildcat. QB Coach M. Lee will help to add some nice nuances to the Wildcat, which will be an added bonus to the Bills' main offense.

The Bills get Jackson back healthy to start the season (along with Wood and Easley). Spiller has found his mojo. The Bills have one standout WR plus a handful of good ones. New TE Coach P. Metzelaars will help to improve the TEs.

Maybe most importantly, the Bills return most of their starters from last year on offense, which will help them to build confidence in what they're doing.

This is a better equipped offense no doubt. How much better we won't know until the season starts. But it's even better than the one that "out-gunslinged' the Patriots......and that's what matters most.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills need to find a way to beat New England at least once in order to have a chance to win the division and make the playoffs.

Last year we played them early in the season and we beat them by simply outscoring them. I think we can do it again.

What do the Bills look like on offense this year vs last year (in other words, are they better or worse on offense this year vs last year?)??

IMHO, the Bills are better.

They've replaced LT Glenn for Bell and they have added WR Hagan/TE Dickerson/WR Graham to the mix.

The team is better prepared to utilize B. Smith in the Wildcat. QB Coach M. Lee will help to add some nice nuances to the Wildcat, which will be an added bonus to the Bills' main offense.

The Bills get Jackson back healthy to start the season (along with Wood and Easley). Spiller has found his mojo. The Bills have one standout WR plus a handful of good ones. New TE Coach P. Metzelaars will help to improve the TEs.

Maybe most importantly, the Bills return most of their starters from last year on offense, which will help them to build confidence in what they're doing.

This is a better equipped offense no doubt. How much better we won't know until the season starts. But it's even better than the one that "out-gunslinged' the Patriots......and that's what matters most.

I would like to agree with you in that the whole division comes down to Buffalo playing New England, but they really have to take it one game at a time. Last year the Bills beat the Patriots once in Buffalo (and what a great game it was), and that was the only divisional game they won all year, losing twice to both the Jets and the Dolphins. The team looks so much better-on paper, but we had several teams early in the last decade that looked the same, much improved, but the results really weren't what we expected.

I like the strategy of giving up fewer points. Other teams do that and it seems like they win a lot.

Look, the Bills have a tradition of giving up more points than they score. Maybe it's not a proud tradition, but it's a tradition, and one of these days it's going to turn out in their favor. You don't change your horse midstream.

Look, the Bills have a tradition of giving up more points than they score. Maybe it's not a proud tradition, but it's a tradition, and one of these days it's going to turn out in their favor. You don't change your horse midstream.

I know, I know. Someday they'll combine football and golf, where low score wins. But you know other teams will then force the Bills to score more points than them.

Actually, I would chalk up last year's win to rattling Brady and that offense.

George Wilson completely laid out Edelman with a hit you could hear and that was the tone of the day. Brady was flustered and threw... was it 4 INTs?

As Kyle Williams said leading up to the game, 'We may win, we may lose, but by the end, they are going to feel and know they just went through Hell.'

That was a defensive victory. Up 'til there, it was always a given that Brady would be throwing for 400 yards and Welker would toast you. Well, as one poster's sig line here reads, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Fitz and the offense was able to capitalize on a horrid Pats* defense, especially their pass D which was last in the league. Looks like they may have reloaded, tho.

The game plan should still be to beat them up, take advantage of their OL losses, get to Brady and shake him up. That's how we won, that's how the Giants beat them in the SB.

Not meaning to poop on the thought behind this thread, but the Bills play the Pats* in Week 4. I'm a LOT more concerned about the Jets in Week 1. THAT'S the statement game.

If the Bills come out in the Meadowlands (or whatever the hell they call it these days) like...well, the Bills we've watched for the past 10 years, it's going to be a LONG season, and that Pats* matchup is going to have an air of hyperventilating desperation about it.

But if the Bills come out and dismantle - and I mean dismantle - the Jets, the entire paradigm shifts. Their self-confidence shifts, the trust of the coaching staff shifts, the view of the Bills by the TV tongue-waggers shifts, the respect they command within the division shifts, the calculation over a playoff appearance shifts.

I'll worry about the Pats* about 5 minutes after the gun sounds in Cleveland.

qb coach David Lee, not M Lee may help add nuances to the wildcat, although the Bills scrapped the formation last year when Donald Jones got hurt and Brad smith was moved primarily to the receiver position. With a healthy corps of receivers they will be able to utilize the formation on third and short, much like they did with great success early on last season

Put Brady in the turf repeatedly + don't turn the ball over = beat Pats.

It is not hard to stop Brady. I am tired of that myth. Its like the Yankees, the uniforms will beat you if you let them.

Clog his lanes, pressure him, etc. Nothing any different then any other QB.

It is not hard to stop Brady. I am tired of that myth. Its like the Yankees, the uniforms will beat you if you let them.

Clog his lanes, pressure him, etc. Nothing any different then any other QB.

Totally agree.

Buffalo definitely needs to at least split with NE ... but let's not forget Miami and Jets. They both swept Buff last year. Buff was 1-5 in division. I am concerned about Miami although their QB situation is ify. But Matt Mohr beat us twice as did Sanchez. I'd like to see Buffalo, at minimum and if reasonably healthy, sweep Miami, and split with Jets and NE to end up at 4-2.

IMHO, Fitzy is the "X" factor this year. I really want him to succeed but I have concerns about consistency (as do many other fans and analysts).

I am so pumped for Week 1. MUST BEAT THE JETS ... demoralize them ... would love to see that game turn out like the Raiders game last year ... Raiders up and Buffalo just kept storming along and came back to win at end ... F*CKING awesome game.

Buffalo definitely needs to at least split with NE ... but let's not forget Miami and Jets. They both swept Buff last year. Buff was 1-5 in division. I am concerned about Miami although their QB situation is ify. But Matt Mohr beat us twice as did Sanchez. I'd like to see Buffalo, at minimum and if reasonably healthy, sweep Miami, and split with Jets and NE to end up at 4-2.

IMHO, Fitzy is the "X" factor this year. I really want him to succeed but I have concerns about consistency (as do many other fans and analysts).

I am so pumped for Week 1. MUST BEAT THE JETS ... demoralize them ... would love to see that game turn out like the Raiders game last year ... Raiders up and Buffalo just kept storming along and came back to win at end ... F*CKING awesome game.

No. My heart aged 30 years with that game and the Pats game the next week.

No. My heart aged 30 years with that game and the Pats game the next week.

Ya gotta admit it was damn fun tho. I Couldnt have asked for any better game than either of those 2. It was like the Monday Night Dallas game, except we won.