Lynch arrested on DUI

boyst

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshawn received probation after the gun charge. Is he still under probation, if so he might face jail time

Do these guys ever? Definitely not that interferes with football. That's part of the problem. Judge drops one in jail for 3 weeks midseason for DUI and watch how quick you see these guys call cabs

Marshawn received probation after the gun charge. Is he still under probation, if so he might face jail time

He was under probation for 3 years and that started March of 2009. So he's clear there. Dean Goodell however probably has him on double secret probation.

Thanks Doc. I knew it was at some point in 2009 so I knew it be close. From when he got arrested and when he got sentenced could have made the difference

He was under probation for 3 years and that started March of 2009. So he's clear there. Dean Goodell however probably has him on double secret probation.

I don't get the driving part. Call a cab or take a limo. A $1000 for a limo and refreshments would be sub chump change for him. It would the equivalent of us kicking in for a case of Meister Brau and walking to the park and sitting around drinking it with our buds.

He's a dumb kid, but he is 26 years old. He should know better.

I don't get the driving part. Call a cab or take a limo. A $1000 for a limo and refreshments would be sub chump change for him. It would the equivalent of us kicking in for a case of Meister Brau and walking to the park and sitting around drinking it with our buds.

He's a dumb kid, but he is 26 years old. He should know better.

The NFL provides a car service for $85 plus tip.

Now that's funny! Yeah, real secret. Goodell, like nearly everyone on the planet understood Beast Mode was drunk when he hit the Canadian. The the weapons charge. Now he is finally caught DWI. Everyone knew this kid was another night on the town away from suspension.

Now that's funny! Yeah, real secret. Goodell, like nearly everyone on the planet understood Beast Mode was drunk when he hit the Canadian. The the weapons charge. Now he is finally caught DWI. Everyone knew this kid was another night on the town away from suspension.

Just like everyone knew Dez Bryant was a thug.

I'm no fan of Lynch, but it looks like this might not be as bad as it first appeared. Apparently he blew a .08, which is the minimum level for DUI. Granted, he probably shouldn't have driven, but it's not like this is a guy who got wasted and drove off. A few drinks and a light buzz can land you at .08.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8184734/seattle-seahawks-marshawn-lynch-apologizes-arrest-dui

Edited by Rob's House

I'm no fan of Lynch, but it looks like this might not be as bad as it first appeared. Apparently he blew a .08, which is the minimum level for DUI. Granted, he probably shouldn't have driven, but it's not like this is a guy who got wasted and drove off. A few drinks and a light buzz can land you at .08.

http://espn.go.com/n...izes-arrest-dui

Yeah but if you read the article you linked and others, you know that his second breathalyzer test later on yielded a higher blood alcohol level.

Also he failed field sobriety tests and allegedly almost hit two other vehicles.

He might not get a suspension but there's no candy-coating his arrest, IMO.

http://espn.go.com/n...izes-arrest-dui

Wow, I sure hope you don't mean this as it's coming across to me - minimizing driving around with a BAC of 0.08? The guy almost hit two other cars according to witnesses, which is pretty impaired. Most BAC charts say that's 4-5 drinks for a 220 lb guy.

I hope you're not advocating 4-5 drinks as a light buzz where it's no big deal to drive, probably you shouldn't but well, what the hey?

Most studies that have been done indicate that actual impairment in judgement and reaction times occurs at much lower BAC levels, which is why pilots have 24 hrs bottle to throttle.

Yeah but if you read the article you linked and others, you know that his second breathalyzer test later on yielded a higher blood alcohol level.

Also he failed field sobriety tests and allegedly almost hit two other vehicles.

He might not get a suspension but there's no candy-coating his arrest, IMO.

I only got about half way through it. :bag:

Wow, I sure hope you don't mean this as it's coming across to me - minimizing driving around with a BAC of 0.08? The guy almost hit two other cars according to witnesses, which is pretty impaired. Most BAC charts say that's 4-5 drinks for a 220 lb guy.

I hope you're not advocating 4-5 drinks as a light buzz where it's no big deal to drive, probably you shouldn't but well, what the hey?

Most studies that have been done indicate that actual impairment in judgement and reaction times occurs at much lower BAC levels, which is why pilots have 24 hrs bottle to throttle.

That's the majority of people who go out for drinks on a Friday night. I'm not advocating it, but but I'm not demonizing it either. And I don't want to defend Lynch, who by all accounts seems to be a man of questionable character at best, but 20 years ago that wouldn't be DUI. Either way, if he failed the field test and was driving dangerously he should be charged anyway.

I only got about half way through it. :bag:

That's the majority of people who go out for drinks on a Friday night. I'm not advocating it, but but I'm not demonizing it either. And I don't want to defend Lynch, who by all accounts seems to be a man of questionable character at best, but 20 years ago that wouldn't be DUI. Either way, if he failed the field test and was driving dangerously he should be charged anyway.

but their careers are not limited to 3 good years, haven't been suspended from their jobs and didn't just sign a multi-million dollar contract that says "if you do it, we don't pay you."

and yeah, if you're not demonizing it, then you kinda are advocating that it's OK. Is this what you'd say to your daughters' date as they stroll out the door?

Edited by madtowntobuffalo

Lynch got a dui...that's what he does. Seattle knew what they were getting. In return they have a guy who gets yards and made the probowl roster. Role model? hell no. Good running back...hell yes. I note that there was another former running back on the roster in Willis McGahee.