What is your favorite Sitcom Ever

millbank

Surprised no one has mentioned it. Frasier. What, it didn't win enough Emmys? It was many times better than it's offshoot source.

Ten years ago this would've been sacrilege, but Seinfeld has NOT aged well. Not at all.

Fraiser has aged fairly well. I never enjoyed it during its airing but can enjoy reruns of it often. Friends, the other NBC show of the time did not age well at all!

Seinfeld was never a favorite of mine, I never watched it, never was impressed with it and I still hear about how everyone still loves the show.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't include anything current on my list. I just started watching "Louie" and I really have enjoyed it...but this is a new phase of sitcom...is it a sitcom? Is it a dramady? Not a criticism, just an observation...the rules of the sitcom are being redefined. This past weeks "Louie" (where he goes to Miami) was pretty much devoid of any humor (except when he is on the stage), but was still, somehow, humorous. Can't explain it...

I agree, some of the episodes arent really funny. But I enjoy the show. The one where he visited Afghanistan and had a duck in his baggage was entertaining but not funny.

I will try and name just a few that I rather enjoyed that have not been mentioned yet..all on during the early days of Fox..that while maybe not in my top 10 , I think all were very good.

Get a Life with Chris Elliot

Herman's Head With Hank Azaria and Yeardly Smith of Simpsons fame..

Ned and Stacy with Debra Messing and the guy from Wings...

All shows I would watch now if they were on the air

I would add that the first few years of Two and a Half Men before it became a kind of meme of itself. Jon Cryer is an excellent straight-man with the physical comedy.

Another that I just thought of is Ed --- the bowling alley lawyer --- that starred Tom Cavanaugh and Julie Bowen. It wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I have to admit I enjoyed its quirkiness.

Edited by UConn James

Fraiser has aged fairly well. I never enjoyed it during its airing but can enjoy reruns of it often. Friends, the other NBC show of the time did not age well at all!

Seinfeld was never a favorite of mine, I never watched it, never was impressed with it and I still hear about how everyone still loves the show.

Thank you. Seinfeld, to me, was a show with hilarious concepts and dreadful delivery. The best example is Festivus...the whole idea is funny, but that episode doesn't even scrape the surface of its potential humor. (In my opinion)

Plus, Jerry is just annoying and Kramer is semi-funny, but why does there need to be uproarious laughter and applause just because he enters a room? I get a kick out of George Costanza sometimes, though.

Taxi-

WKRP -

Mash -

All In The Family-

Mary Tyler Moore-

Cheers-

Newhart

Honeymooners

Sanford and Son

Leave It To Beaver

Three's Company

-not a sitcom, but the skits on the Carol Burnett show always outstanding comedy, also Rowan and Martins Laugh In , a huge number of actors came out of this Rowan and Martin Laugh in cast. Huge list....

list of 100 sitcoms, this to tweak your memory

Edited by millbank

Family Ties is so underrated. I'm glad one person mentioned it.

Also loved the mention of Get Smart.

In pure ability to just make laugh, Beavis & Butthead does it every time for me.

Since you guys are mostly remembering your favourite American shows I thought I should throw in some British ones:

Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister - A Favourite amongst politicians as it is very close to the truth...

Fawlty Towers - John Cleese as the world's worst hotel owner

Ripping Yarns - Michael Palin and his take on adventure stories for boys

Only Fools and Horses - dodgy dealings of a couple of more-or-less honest wheeler-dealers

Porridge - prison comedy

The Young Ones - Anarchic students, very 80's Britain but still have a soft spot for it

Minder - the tales of a dodgy second hand car dealer and his bodyguard

Since you guys are mostly remembering your favourite American shows I thought I should throw in some British ones:

Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister - A Favourite amongst politicians as it is very close to the truth...

Only Fools and Horses - dodgy dealings of a couple of more-or-less honest wheeler-dealers

Porridge - prison comedy

The Young Ones - Anarchic students, very 80's Britain but still have a soft spot for it

Do you watch Peep Show? I love it.

Porridge - prison comedy

Hey, no fair!! I had it first!!!! B-)

Barney Miller

WKRP

Taxi

All In The Family

Cheers

Seinfeld

Mary Tyler Moore

Soap

Friends

Entourage

But first all-time, and the only sitcom I own on DVD - Fawlty Towers!

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

love fawlty towers amd young ones...i follow 'them' on twitter and they are still funny today

Porridge - prison comedy