Mr Businessman, You Didn't Build Your Business

Obama tries for a re-write..................

Obama Throws Himself and Liz Warren Under the Bus

FTA:

The “You didn’t build that!” line resonated most quickly because it’s the clearest rebuke to business starters and builders in the speech. “Somebody else made that happen” gives the credit to whoever invested in the roads and other infrastructure, which, in America’s progressive tax system, are the very same successful people Obama is rebuking. It’s debatable whether the “that” refers to roads and bridges or to the businesses themselves, but the fact remains that the entire passage of the speech is an unmistakable slap at business creators. Context does not help him one bit. The context fully explains Obama’s innate anti-business mindset.

{snip}

He then rewrites the Roanoke speech:

OBAMA: What I said was, we need to stand behind them, as America always has, by investing in education and training, roads and bridges.

Stop the tape. That’s not what he said in Roanoke. Here is what he said in Roanoke:

"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own."

His Roanoke speech wasn’t a call to stand behind businesses, it was a call to guilt successful people so they will “give something back.” It was a call for higher taxes on successful people. Context, the original speech, proves that the president is trying to lie his way out of a hole now.

Bryan Preston

as the article observes, note that he had time to sit for another ad shoot, but not to meet with his jobs council.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama tries for a re-write..................

Bryan Preston

as the article observes, note that he had time to sit for another ad shoot, but not to meet with his jobs council.

Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign is missing the most obvious excuse for that line

Obama didn't come up with that line. Somebody else did

Legal Insurrection

Obama and Warren cribbed "build it" narrative....

Nobody makes a dollar in this country in business without using the common wealth

The "common wealth"? What the !@#$ sort of bull **** term is that? Is that Marxist for "everybody else's money?"

Only in !@#$ing Berkeley... :wacko:

So if we didn't hear right what we heard when he says we didn't hear it right, we heard it right? :lol:

Do you guys remember when everyone used to talk about how smart Obama was?

Good times.

I put the blame for that squarely on Michael Beschloss, who without any foundation for that statement simply blurted it out during a fawning TV interview.

I never bought into that and it's become more and more apparent by the minute that he is an empty, vacuous, affirmative action hire that is punching so far below his weight class that he might be better served by holing up in the White House to work non stop with a speech therapist to try to conquer his stammering speech impediment before he has to hit prime time in the debates. He has tremendous potential for having a meltdown and brain farts that will make Rick Perry look like a brain surgeon in comparison.

Jon Stewart Slams You-Didn't-Build-That-Gate In Romney, Fox News' Faces (VIDEO)

You can pretty much get to the end of the video to show how ridiculous it is that the Romney is running with this out of context statement. You can watch the whole thing though, it's only like 6 minutes long.

Except for the fact that the statement is not being taken out of context. The context is the damning part. Without the context no one cares about Obama's absurd statement.

You can pretty much get to the end of the video to show how ridiculous it is that the Romney is running with this out of context statement. You can watch the whole thing though, it's only like 6 minutes long.

Edit: Jauronimo beat me to it.

Edited by jjamie12

I love the way that people can't at all defend the quote, so they're trying to pretend the context of the quote was somehow different than what it actually was. :lol:

Oh wow, why did I come back to this. It's like a giant echo chamber of conservative talking points.

I'm assuming nobody watched the video where Romney says the exact same things as the President did?

Oh wow, why did I come back to this. It's like a giant echo chamber of conservative talking points.

I'm assuming nobody watched the video where Romney says the exact same things as the President did?

Please link it.

No, he didn't. But you can keep telling yourself that he did if it makes you feel better.

They realize this is a potentially damning and defining moment of the campaign. The left and all their shills are all over zealously attempting to clean up the presidents mess. They can say that it was "taken out of context" until they turn blue in the face, but its not going away.

If Obama has just said "on your own" after his statement, this would've been all over with. It's so blown out of proportion. You Romney Bots have wanted to talk about real issues and policy forever and then you turn around and harp on things like this for weeks.

Okay.

It only seems like an echo chamber because your point is so absurd that your fellow libs don't want to talk about it.

Your second point only tells us that you lack the ability to distinguish family and community from government.