Mr Businessman, You Didn't Build Your Business

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Romney campaign has released

commenting on President Obama’s Roanoke speech this past Friday. It packs a punch. Daniel Aronstein calls it the best political ad in 30 years.

Quotable quote: “Did somebody else take out the loan on my father’s house to finance the equipment? . . . Through hard work and a little bit of luck we built this business. Why are you demonizing us for it? We are the solution, not the problem. It’s time we had someone who believes in us. . . . We need somebody who believes in America.”

The Romney campaign has released

commenting on President Obama’s Roanoke speech this past Friday. It packs a punch. Daniel Aronstein calls it the best political ad in 30 years.

Devastating ad. But I'm sure this will all blow over by tomorrow so we can get back to asking about Romney's taxes. <_<

Thats some funny sh*t there fellas hehe

Marco Rubio, as usual, this morning was

"He was being honest about what he feels, and that's what we've been saying all along. He's not a believer in the American, free enterprise system.

.... But the fundamental fact is that this president believes, at his core and has always believed, that the way the economy grows is when he and government have more power to take money and redistribute it into the economy. They've always believed that."

Spot on!

Edited by WorldTraveller

Devastating ad. But I'm sure this will all blow over by tomorrow so we can get back to asking about Romney's taxes. dry.gif

Yes. Please, let's forget that nonsense and let's get back to scolding those curve-busters who make the normal people lose their self of steam because they can't compete on a level playing field without a prodigious amount of help from the government.

Look, BO crushed the evil venture capitalist's efforts to get into the green energy business before they even started. Who in their right mind would invest in a startup when the US federal government backed their players to the tune of billions? Right there he saved probably a trillion dollars and created about two million jobs - if you count the money he can't throw down the drain on any such future deals now that the country's on to him, and if you count all the jobs in the media that are running around trying to provide him "context" for his "off-the-cuff" remarks that were taken totally out of context. That and the hum jobs they're providing him.

More mockery, from twitter.................Obama Kids books

The Little Engine That Couldn't Without Federal Assistance.

Bob The You Didn't Builder

Solynderella

Oh, The Debt You'll Owe!

Fast & Furious George

I don't recall...has anyone pointed out yet that this makes perfect sense from the perspective of a minority who grew up with the Civil Rights Movement?

Because that was just pointed out to me by a handful of my coworkers (the African-American ones) - to an entire group of people who've grown up with the idea that the deck is stacked against them, and they can't get an even break (much less succeed) without the government's help.

To which I replied: that wasn't exactly MLK's vision, and last I checked no one walked Rosa Parks to the front of the bus.

We all had to concede our points were valid. I have much better conversations in real life than I do with you slugs here.

I don't recall...has anyone pointed out yet that this makes perfect sense from the perspective of a minority who grew up with the Civil Rights Movement?

But das raciss

We all had to concede our points were valid. I have much better conversations in real life than I do with you slugs here.

I think that was just assumed. I know for me being an !@#$ here really keeps me from being an !@#$ with my staff which would not be a good thing. So thank you all for allowing me to get it out of my system. :thumbsup:

Now regarding your conversation with your co-workers. They do have a point and the point would really have some validity if we were, oh I don't know, chatting in 1960.

Edited by Chef Jim

Now regarding your conversation with your co-workers. They do have a point and the point would really have some validity if we were, oh I don't know, chatting in 1960.

But the point is: we're talking about people who grew up with the programs placed because of the dialog in 1960 behind them. That's not to say the frame of reference is still valid (or that it isn't)...just to say that, for better or worse, that IS the frame of reference.

And I would argue that it is still valid...for example, it's not like 8a small businesses don't exist anymore.

I think that was just assumed. I know for me being an !@#$ here really keeps me from being an !@#$ with my staff which would not be a good thing. So thank you all for allowing me to get it out of my system. :thumbsup:

+1

Since I started posting here I no longer feel the need to rip every lib I know to shreds. It's very therapeutic.