Voter ID requirement may affect black voter turnout, Dems Fear

You guys can show me some studies or whatever. Where is this fraud happening??

The only voter fraud of which I have first-hand knowledge is a friend who's not a citizen (he's a Brit) who gets ballots at his house intended for the previous owner...he proudly admits to voting Republican.

LOL

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/08/miami-dade-voter-fraud-case-widens.html

Of the 31 absentee ballots that have become the focus of an investigation into possible election fraud in Hialeah, at least one appears to have a forged signature.

The ballot belonged to Zulema Gómez, 81, who entered a nursing home five months ago suffering from Alzheimer’s and a brain tumor. On the ballot’s envelope someone wrote: “The lady is my sister. I sign like this because she has arthritis + she has difficult signing. Thank you.”

The only voter fraud of which I have first-hand knowledge is a friend who's not a citizen (he's a Brit) who gets ballots at his house intended for the previous owner...he proudly admits to voting Republican.

LOL

Then why dont you tell the authorities???

:rolleyes:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/08/miami-dade-voter-fraud-case-widens.html

Of the 31 absentee ballots that have become the focus of an investigation into possible election fraud in Hialeah, at least one appears to have a forged signature.

The ballot belonged to Zulema Gómez, 81, who entered a nursing home five months ago suffering from Alzheimer’s and a brain tumor. On the ballot’s envelope someone wrote: “The lady is my sister. I sign like this because she has arthritis + she has difficult signing. Thank you.”

From the comments section in your article:

"Is Daisy Cabrera to be persecuted for her unselfish acts of kindness?

While it might be technically illegal for her to fill out and turn in a ballot for Zulema Gómez and others, there's certainly nothing immoral, unethical, or wrong with her doing so. Who could doubt that Cabrera had Gómez's best interests first and foremost in her heart? Cabrera quite obviously knew how Gómez would have voted, had she been able to do so for herself. Hundreds of thousands of elderly Floridians would be disenfranchised if it weren't for good Samaritans like Daisy Cabrera.

Shame on the obviously right-wing Miami-Dade authorities for trying to take away right to vote Zulema Gómez's right to vote. Ugh, I hate Republicans."

Posted by: Wilhelmina Parks | August 02, 2012 at 09:32 AM

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/08/miami-dade-voter-fraud-case-widens.html#storylink=cpy

While it might be technically illegal for her to fill out and turn in a ballot for Zulema Gómez and others, there's certainly nothing immoral, unethical, or wrong with her doing so. Who could doubt that Cabrera had Gómez's best interests first and foremost in her heart? Cabrera quite obviously knew how Gómez would have voted, had she been able to do so for herself. Hundreds of thousands of elderly Floridians would be disenfranchised if it weren't for good Samaritans like Daisy Cabrera.

Shame on the obviously right-wing Miami-Dade authorities for trying to take away right to vote Zulema Gómez's right to vote. Ugh, I hate Republicans."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/08/miami-dade-voter-fraud-case-widens.html#storylink=cpy

Cool. I'm voting all my dead relatives AND my cats, because I know how they would vote if they could...

Wilhelmina is right! Someone with Alzheimer's would definitely vote Democrat. But at least in his/her defense, they have an excuse.

I can't remember when I haven't had to show some form of ID to vote, whether it be a voters registration (which you could not get without proving residency and showing ID) or picture id. The last few years I have only shown my drivers license, then the workers verify my name and address on the list for the district. In Florida you can get a non-drivers id. Years ago when I lived in NY before they had pictures on the drivers license they checked the signatures when you signed in to vote to the drivers license.

Hospitals even ask for picture ID. My husband has had three out-patient procedures in a month and each time they asked for his insurance and id which they scan. I don't know how they handle it when you are an illegal or indigent. Maybe next time, we should just say we don't have insurance or ids and get our medical for free instead of having to pay for what the insurance didn't cover.

Obama Campaign Sues to Restrict Military Voting

by Mike Flynn 2 Aug 2012

President Barack Obama, along with many Democrats, likes to say that, while they may disagree with the GOP on many issues related to national security, they absolutely share their admiration and dedication to members of our armed forces. Obama, in particular, enjoys being seen visiting troops and having photos taken with members of our military. So, why is his campaign and the Democrat party suing to restrict their ability to vote in the upcoming election?

On July 17th, the Obama for America Campaign, the Democratic National Committee and the Ohio Democratic Party filed suit in OH to strike down part of that state's law governing voting by members of the military. Their suit said that part of the law is "arbitrary" with "no discernible rational basis."

Currently, Ohio allows the public to vote early in-person up until the Friday before the election. Members of the military are given three extra days to do so. While the Democrats may see this as "arbitrary" and having "no discernible rational basis," I think it is entirely reasonable given the demands on servicemen and women's time and their obligations to their sworn duty.

The National Defense Committee reports:

for each of the last three years, the Department of Defense’s Federal Voting Assistance Program has reported to the President and the Congress that the number one reason for military voter disenfranchisement is inadequate time to successfully vote.

I think its unconscionable that we as a nation wouldn't make it as easy as possible for members of the military to vote. They arguably have more right to vote than the rest of us, since it is their service and sacrifice that ensures we have the right to vote in the first place.

If anyone proposes legislation to combat voter fraud, Democrats will loudly scream that the proposal could "disenfranchise" some voter, somewhere. We must ensure, they argue, that voting is easy and accessible to every single voter. Every voter, that is, except the men and women of our military.

Make no mistake, the Democrat lawsuit is intended to disenfranchise some unknown number of military voters. The judge should reject it with prejudice.

Big Government

When 1,099 felons vote in race won by 312 ballots

During the controversy a conservative group called Minnesota Majority began to look into claims of voter fraud. Comparing criminal records with voting rolls, the group identified 1,099 felons -- all ineligible to vote -- who had voted in the Franken-Coleman race.

Minnesota Majority took the information to prosecutors across the state, many of whom showed no interest in pursuing it. But Minnesota law requires authorities to investigate such leads. And so far, Fund and von Spakovsky report, 177 people have been convicted -- not just accused, but convicted -- of voting fraudulently in the Senate race. Another 66 are awaiting trial. "The numbers aren't greater," the authors say, "because the standard for convicting someone of voter fraud in Minnesota is that they must have been both ineligible, and 'knowingly' voted unlawfully." The accused can get off by claiming not to have known they did anything wrong.

I'm ok with cats, sort of. They have to have the right personality though. Trying to walk underneath my feet is a no-no and biting or scratching me for giving it a little pat tends to piss me off. My last insignificant other had a couple. One was a real hunter and did one hell of a lot better than the Athens, GA cats. Birds, chipmunks, mice, and one hell of a lot of rabbits. It loved to eat the heads off of the little bunnies and then leave the rest of their carcasses on the upstairs deck. Sort of ruined that Folger's Moment in the morning on the deck.

It loved to eat the heads off of the little bunnies and then leave the rest of their carcasses on the upstairs deck. Sort of ruined that Folger's Moment in the morning on the deck.

You know what that means, right?