Voter ID requirement may affect black voter turnout, Dems Fear

This whole debate is silly... Both sides are manipulating to gain an advantage... Trying to get one side to concede while the other doesn't give up any of their hanky panky. Reminds me about how Michigan drags Illinois back to court on how much water (set at about 3,600 cubic feet per second) they are diverting from Lake Michigan @ Chicago... Both want to gain the upper hand... Then they battle how the water is measured and what tech is being used to measure it...

Nobody should be disenfranchised... Over 18 and registered? Smear (or use something else that is high tech and can tell if they already voted) their hand in ink and vote.

Back to the absentee thing... Just because they sign... How do you know who cast the vote? It all gets mixed up, nameless with the others... There is no doubt fraud there too. We are gonna take a silly affadavit as Bible, probably get tossed in court (no personal knowledge) anyway...

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm sorry, the distinction you're making is...?

Oh right, like anything GOP, it's just a big fat tough titties, dregs.

And the distinction you're making between photo ID and voter registration and casting a vote only at a polling station in terms of feasibility and reasonableness is...oh, you're not even attempting because to do so would sink anything you've presented that you call an argument.

Once again, your response is a rather weak attempt to dodge any logic and reason but I bet you feel warm and fuzzy inside because you vote Democrat and that makes you a good person somehow.

And the distinction you're making between photo ID and voter registration and casting a vote only at a polling station in terms of feasibility and reasonableness is...oh, you're not even attempting because to do so would sink anything you've presented that you call an argument.

Once again, your response is a rather weak attempt to dodge any logic and reason but I bet you feel warm and fuzzy inside because you vote Democrat and that makes you a good person somehow.

I don't vote Democrat. But I wouldn't expect you to understand a world not starkly divided between black and white.

There are no dregs... When it comes to voting, everybody is the same. Everybody of age is entitled.

No one's arguing otherwise.

I don't vote Democrat. But I wouldn't expect you to understand a world not starkly divided between black and white.

Green party?

Green party?

Well, he would vote for the Green Party, but not for Obama and not for Romney, but he isn't not voting for whomever isn't on the ballot because he's a moderate independent except when he's not picking who he said he wouldn't pick before he admitted picking them.

Cuz that's how Big Cat rolls.

No one's arguing otherwise.

Green party?

I disagree. It takes more than just being 18 or older to vote. No felons (in most states). You must be a citizen, so of course you must know how to communicate in English or have been born here. Also you can be prevented from voting if you have been judged mentally incompetent by a court of law. There are also residency requirements that vary some from state to state.

How silly of me. I forgot that there are no Democrats or liberals on this board. Just right wing extremists and moderate independents, right?

What point are you fishing at now?

I love the dismissive tone you've adopted despite the fact that you can't even attempt to counter anything I've had to say with anything more than "read the article" and "I've said it a hundred times." Its adorable. Fall on your face and then act as if you're taking the high road.

And I'm not fishing for any point as the point is pretty obvious. You're anti GOP rants pretty much preclude you from claiming any sort of moderate independent position, yet like a few others here you retreat to your alamo, play the "I don't vote democrat" card and declare everyone else to be a partisan hack. The reason why you can't defend your position is always because everyone else is just so damn close minded.

I love the dismissive tone you've adopted despite the fact that you can't even attempt to counter anything I've had to say with anything more than "read the article" and "I've said it a hundred times." Its adorable. Fall on your face and then act as if you're taking the high road.

And I'm not fishing for any point as the point is pretty obvious. You're anti GOP rants pretty much preclude you from claiming any sort of moderate independent position, yet like a few others here you retreat to your alamo, play the "I don't vote democrat" card and declare everyone else to be a partisan hack. The reason why you can't defend your position is always because everyone else is just so damn close minded.

Well, you have your answer, you're just sticking to your guns, and that's fine. Bull-headed, but fine.

But since you've been given the answer dozens of times and insist on plainly ignoring it, I'm wondering what answer, what data, what evidence would satisfy your queries. Methinks none exist.

Methinks you have no point to make other than "those people are !@#$ing lazy and shouldn't be allowed to vote if they can't drag their worthless asses to an ID center like the rest of us hardworking, upstanding American citizens who have the same access as they do because everyone's life is the same as mine."

Was there something you wanted to add? Or did you just want to repeat yourself via rhetorical questions and let my words speak for you?

Well, you have your answer, you're just sticking to your guns, and that's fine. Bull-headed, but fine.

But since you've been given the answer dozens of times and insist on plainly ignoring it, I'm wondering what answer, what data, what evidence would satisfy your queries. Methinks none exist.

Methinks you have no point to make other than "those people are !@#$ing lazy and shouldn't be allowed to vote if they can't drag their worthless asses to an ID center like the rest of us hardworking, upstanding American citizens who have the same access as they do because everyone's life is the same as mine."

Was there something you wanted to add? Or did you just want to repeat yourself via rhetorical questions and let my words speak for you?

In other words, no one should be held to a minimum standard, because dammit, some people just can't meet a minimum standard!

In other words, no one should be held to a minimum standard, because dammit, some people just can't meet a minimum standard!

Voters are held to a minimum standard. That standard is now being lifted, unjustifiably so, but purposefully so fewer people can meet it.

Voters are held to a minimum standard. That standard is now being lifted, unjustifiably so, but purposefully so fewer people can meet it.

Merely showing up isn't a "standard," minimum or otherwise.

Merely showing up isn't a "standard," minimum or otherwise.

I've been told it's good for 80% of success. Perhaps you and Mr. Allen have a difference of opinion.

But that's not really the point. The point is you've made some pin-headed distillation, a straw man assertion that's categorically false and a million miles from reality. Perhaps nobody ever cued you in on what the rules that already govern our electoral process.

And tell us again how come these people can't meet the minimum standards? Because after 10 years Wilola doesn't have the ability to get her birth certificate from the state of Georgia?

FREE WILOLA!!!

To what end?

To the end that you actually do it for the first time. So far all you've shown us is a story about Wilola, and let's face it, if a 60-year-old can't get her birth certificate from the state of Georgia after 10 years, then I think we can both agree she probably shouldn't be allowed to vote.

So tell us again, for the first time, specifically WHY can't these people meet the minimum requirements? Specifically. Please. You still haven't explained this. C'mon, you can do it.