Voter ID requirement may affect black voter turnout, Dems Fear

That's great! The same cannot be said for every state and community though. One state's policy does not a universe solution make.

I'll admit I haven't done extensive research, but everything I have read seems to indicate that people without IDs can get them for free, so it's not limited to just Wisconsin...

And if you have a job, you already have an ID, so the only people without IDs don't have jobs... And if we want them to get jobs, they'll need an ID anyway, so..... What's the problem again? :unsure:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit I haven't done extensive research, but everything I have read seems to indicate that people without IDs can get them for free, so it's not limited to just Wisconsin...

And if you have a job, you already have an ID, so the only people without IDs don't have jobs... And if we want them to get jobs, they'll need an ID anyway, so..... What's the problem again? :unsure:

They're too busy to get ID's because they're out looking for work. And they're so poor they can't afford bus rides to the offices, but apparently have no problem on election day.

LoL... What is the deal here...?? Are people really going around to different polling places and voting multiple times... If so, they gotta be going to different polling places or if they are doing multiple voting at one polling place, the election judges are on the take. There are judges from both parties at the polling stations... Are they asleep at the wheel... ??

Doesn't matter what name you vote under as long as you are registered and only vote once. What is ID really gonna do... Just make sure the election judges are doing their job and paying attention.

LoL... What is the deal here...?? Are people really going around to different polling places and voting multiple times... If so, they gotta be going to different polling places or if they are doing multiple voting at one polling place, the election judges are on the take. There are judges from both parties at the polling stations... Are they asleep at the wheel... ??

Doesn't matter what name you vote under as long as you are registered and only vote once. What is ID really gonna do... Just make sure the election judges are doing their job and paying attention.

If I know my neighbor isn't voting in an election, I can go in the morning and pretend I'm him and then go in the evening and vote as myself.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Yes, that's right. He's arguing that if you know your neighbor isn't going to vote, and you look like your neighbor, you can easily pass yourself off as your neighbor with a voter ID card because apparently a voter ID card is nothing more than a photo of you taken from a distance.

No name. No address. Just a photo. Of you. Taken from a distance.

I've tried to warn you guys.

If I know my neighbor isn't voting in an election, I can go in the morning and pretend I'm him and then go in the evening and vote as myself.

Not with the old ladies I gotta deal with... They will sniff a rat out. I wonder just how much this really happens?

Anway... You are implying community here... LoL... If anything, especially in the poorer parts... There is absolutely no community... Heck, the neighbor isn't probably registered!

Wishful thinking...

Yes, that's right. He's arguing that if you know your neighbor isn't going to vote, and you look like your neighbor, you can easily pass yourself off as your neighbor with a voter ID card because apparently a voter ID card is nothing more than a photo of you taken from a distance.

No name. No address. Just a photo. Of you. Taken from a distance.

I've tried to warn you guys.

Just because you're too slow to keep up, doesn't mean others can't have a substantive dialogue. Why don't you go play with your kid or something.

Just because you're too slow to keep up, doesn't mean others can't have a substantive dialogue. Why don't you go play with your kid or something.

His answer was spot on. Have you LOOKED at an ID recently? ID is short for "identification," as in name, address, picture, etc... I don't know where you're going with your neighbor-who-looks-like-me theory. But you and EiL obviously live in a different universe from the rest of the world. :blink:

I'm out, you win.

His answer was spot on. Have you LOOKED at an ID recently? ID is short for "identification," as in name, address, picture, etc... I don't know where you're going with your neighbor-who-looks-like-me theory. But you and EiL obviously live in a different universe from the rest of the world. :blink:

I'm out, you win.

I live in a Republican county. I guess it is a differnet universe.

I'm out, you win.

Actually, I've bounced at bars here in Chicago, have spent hours at a time looking at ID's.

I'm also young enough to know how easy it is to get one's hands on a fake ID--a siblings, a friend's sibling, or just a straight up counterfeit.

So explain again how the ID law that will keep hundreds of thousands from voting is a.) full proof and b.) warranted.

You could always come out and say because it will help the GOP win. That would actually be an acceptable answer. At least then you (the global you) would be honest.

If I leave now, I'll miss your inevitable upcoming post of "Geez, guys, I was only kidding about that."

So before you do that, tell us again how a voter ID will not keep Fezmid from passing himself off as his neighbor. How do you see it going down.

"Welcome to the voting booth. And who are you, sir?"

"I'm Fezmid's neighbor."

"Can we see your voter ID card?"

"Sure. Here you go."

"Hmmm, according to our records as we compare them to your ID, you have Fezmid's name and Fezmid's address and Fezmid has already voted today, but damn if you don't LOOK like Fezmid's neighbor, so come on in and help yourself to a ballot."

Yes, you sound like THAT big of a dumbass, dumbass.

If I leave now, I'll miss your inevitable upcoming post of "Geez, guys, I was only kidding about that."

So before you do that, tell us again how a voter ID will not keep Fezmid from passing himself off as his neighbor. How do you see it going down.

"Welcome to the voting booth. And who are you, sir?"

"I'm Fezmid's neighbor."

"Can we see your voter ID card?"

"Sure. Here you go."

"Hmmm, according to our records as we compare them to your ID, you have Fezmid's name and Fezmid's address and Fezmid has already voted today, but damn if you don't LOOK like Fezmid's neighbor, so come on in and help yourself to a ballot."

Yes, you sound like THAT big of a dumbass, dumbass.

No, you dummy. THIS is how it would go down (assuming you were blessed enough to look like me and be born around the same time).

Big Cat: Hi, I'm here to vote.

Poll worker: Great, let me see your ID.

(hands worker LABILLZ's ID)

(poll worker looks at ID, looks at Big Cat, notes that the person standing in front of him is, in fact, 6'3" 230, blonde haired, blue eyed, 28 years old and strikingly hansom, as his photo ID suggets)

Poll worker: Okay, great LABILLZ, here's your ballot, you can enter into booth 4.

Big Cat: Thanks. I'm voting for Obama.

Poll worker: Please don't tell me that.

Big Cat: Sorry, I can't help it. I'm just so excited about what he's done for our country.

Poll worker: Anyhow...

Big Cat: (throws index finger in the air, spins around and bounds across the polling station to booth 4) YES WE CAN!

Edited by The Big Cat

No, you dummy. THIS is how it would go down (assuming you were blessed enough to look like me and be born around the same time).

(poll worker looks at ID, looks at Big Cat, notes that the person standing in front of him is, in fact, 6'3" 230, blonde haired, blue eyed, 28 years old and strikingly hansom, as his photo ID suggets)

Poll worker: Okay, great LABILLZ, here's your ballot, you can enter into booth 4.

Brought to you with all the intelligence of a person who thinks we shouldn't have voter ID laws because he was once a bouncer at a bar.

Edited by LABillzFan

So you admit that those most likely to commit voter fraud will do so in favor of Obama.