Voter ID requirement may affect black voter turnout, Dems Fear

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you dummy. THIS is how it would go down (assuming you were blessed enough to look like me and be born around the same time).

Big Cat: Hi, I'm here to vote.

Poll worker: Great, let me see your ID.

(hands worker LABILLZ's ID)

(poll worker looks at ID, looks at Big Cat, notes that the person standing in front of him is, in fact, 6'3" 230, blonde haired, blue eyed, 28 years old and strikingly hansom, as his photo ID suggets)

Poll worker: Okay, great LABILLZ, here's your ballot, you can enter into booth 4.

Big Cat: Thanks. I'm voting for Obama.

Poll worker: Please don't tell me that.

Big Cat: Sorry, I can't help it. I'm just so excited about what he's done for our country.

Poll worker: Anyhow...

Big Cat: (throws index finger in the air, spins around and bounds across the polling station to booth 4) YES WE CAN!

You were once a hansom? I would have thought you were the business end of the horse pulling the hansom.

How hard would it be to have a national election for president? They still can have the Electoral College, vote by state... President is the only election this can be done with... It isn't like it is the 1700's anymore... Everybody of age could vote absentee. Keep the post office working ever 4 years.

Actually, I've bounced at bars here in Chicago, have spent hours at a time looking at ID's.

I'm also young enough to know how easy it is to get one's hands on a fake ID--a siblings, a friend's sibling, or just a straight up counterfeit.

So explain again how the ID law that will keep hundreds of thousands from voting is a.) full proof and b.) warranted.

You could always come out and say because it will help the GOP win. That would actually be an acceptable answer. At least then you (the global you) would be honest.

Explain again how photo ID requirements will keep hundreds of thousands from voting? Is it incompetence or laziness? Explain how much more prohibitive obtaining a photo ID is compared to registering to vote and physically transporting ones' self to a polling station. How many times can you walk into the same pit?

You've gone from voter fraud doesn't exist to, well it does, but I look like my neighbor so photo ID isn't the answer. Just stop.

Explain again how photo ID requirements will keep hundreds of thousands from voting? Is it incompetence or laziness? Explain how much more prohibitive obtaining a photo ID is compared to registering to vote and physically transporting ones' self to a polling station. How many times can you walk into the same pit?

You've gone from voter fraud doesn't exist to, well it does, but I look like my neighbor so photo ID isn't the answer. Just stop.

Whatever voter fraud out there is inconsequential... It is a wash between both sides. How is voting absentee any better. There shouldn't be a link between a name a specific ballot.

Whatever voter fraud out there is inconsequential... It is a wash between both sides. How is voting absentee any better. There shouldn't be a link between a name a specific ballot.

Voter fraud is a statistical wash and Putin and Ahmadinejad really get 90% of the vote every time and thats fine because an absentee ballot isn't secret.

You heard it here first.

Edited by Jauronimo

Wait, in Big Cat's laughable scenario, how did LA's neighbor get his voter ID? I must have missed that part.

He didn't get my ID. He just looks like me, and apparently the only information on voter IDs is a photo taken from far away, so my neighbor waves his ID, says he's me because he looks like me, and apparently everyone is as dumb as a Boystown bouncer, so he can vote in my place.

Or something like that. It's all very hush-hush commando underground super-spy stuff that, in the wrong hands, will disenfranchise colored people. Better to do nothing since it won't do anything to stop whatever idiotic idea Big Cat comes up with next.

Voter fraud is a statistical wash and Putin and Ahmadinejad really get 90% of the vote every time and thats fine because an absentee ballot isn't secret.

You heard it here first.

And the dude that runs North Korea shot 11 holes in one... During the first round of golf he ever played!

Why don't you read any number of the articles that have already been posted in this thread, on the Internet, printed in your local newspaper, et al.

Your question has been answered numerous times.

And once again: I've never said it doesn't exist.

Just as EII said, I've said over and over and over again that it's virtually inconsequential. That doesn't mean it doesn't occur, and I have YET to say as much.

He didn't get my ID. He just looks like me, and apparently the only information on voter IDs is a photo taken from far away, so my neighbor waves his ID, says he's me because he looks like me, and apparently everyone is as dumb as a Boystown bouncer, so he can vote in my place.

Or something like that. It's all very hush-hush commando underground super-spy stuff that, in the wrong hands, will disenfranchise colored people. Better to do nothing since it won't do anything to stop whatever idiotic idea Big Cat comes up with next.

Have I ever told you my idea for doing away with rocket fuel by building a giant titanium tube that goes straight through the center of earth from the north pole to the south pole?

Have I ever told you my idea for doing away with rocket fuel by building a giant titanium tube that goes straight through the center of earth from the north pole to the south pole?

Easier to have a clown stand on a beach ball at the pole.

It (getting people to ID) becomes important iff people become disenfranchised while the abuse in absentee ballots is continued to go on. No doubt there is fraud... But, again it is an inconsequential thing.

We need a national election for president... Again, it is the one thing we as ALL citizens have in common when voting... Too many jurisdictions/counties/voting methods. That is all fine and dandy for other elections. A nationalized prez election can still be kept in state... Things can be standardized.

Presidential elections can be standardized... Standardization is a good thing... What is it with the USA, everything (see health) is always sh*tily piece mealed in. We are supposed to be states coming together AS ONE UNION, but there is always one trying to exploit the loophole in the next.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Ah, got it.

Yes, we get it. You're an ideas guy. Someone call Starkist.

Why don't you read any number of the articles that have already been posted in this thread, on the Internet, printed in your local newspaper, et al.

Your question has been answered numerous times.

And once again: I've never said it doesn't exist.

Just as EII said, I've said over and over and over again that it's virtually inconsequential. That doesn't mean it doesn't occur, and I have YET to say as much.

None of the articles in this thread have come even remotely close to answering the question. The articles you've provided only say X number of people have no photo ID and in rural Texas its hard to find the time. No article has proven that the act of obtaining a photo ID is substantially more difficult than the act of registering to vote or casting a vote. No article has come close to supporting your position that the 750,000 or so Americans without photo IDs would be largely unable to obtain a photo ID.

No article has come close to supporting your position that the 750,000 or so Americans without photo IDs would be largely unable to obtain a photo ID.

He never said that it did, and if he did, he didn't do it like you think he did it because the article had a big number and he linked to it, but he mentioned it, so he didn't do what you don't think he didn't do because he never said what you didn't say he thought he said.

Cuz that's how the Big Cat rolls.

None of the articles in this thread have come even remotely close to answering the question. The articles you've provided only say X number of people have no photo ID and in rural Texas its hard to find the time. No article has proven that the act of obtaining a photo ID is substantially more difficult than the act of registering to vote or casting a vote. No article has come close to supporting your position that the 750,000 or so Americans without photo IDs would be largely unable to obtain a photo ID.

And I'm sorry, the distinction you're making is...?

Oh right, like anything GOP, it's just a big fat tough titties, dregs.

And I'm sorry, the distinction you're making is...?

Oh right, like anything GOP, it's just a big fat tough titties, dregs.

And like a typical liberal you want to force everyone else to cater to the dregs, regardless of the cost or level of the dregs' appreciation.