Happy Fourth of July

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken link. You've got an extra http://

Well, he did tell you one was the good link.

the hell with these guys too.

Occupy Movement Set to Ruin July 4 for Philly’s 99 Percent

.........and a good link too.

President Ronald Reagan July 4, 1986

Those who have so much hatred for this country are perfectly free to leave!

Ah, memories. I remember when I was in college, and Patrick Moynihan was vilified as a racist conservative for saying something similar.

America and her history are not perfect, but we are still the most perfect country on the planet. Those who have so much hatred for this country are perfectly free to leave!

Not only talking about the people linked to in this thread, but I see this sentiment a lot. Where's the line between hating America and wanting to change it?

Not only talking about the people linked to in this thread, but I see this sentiment a lot. Where's the line between hating America and wanting to change it?

It's right where personal property begins.

Hey, tonight while you guys are celebrating all this American Fourth of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of aristocratic, slave-owning, white males didn't want to pay their taxes. :thumbsup:

I choose to call that the "American Enlightenment" thank you very much. :) I pay tribute to our period of enlightened revolution by drinking 20 beers and eating 10 hot dogs and watching other people launch colorful explosions...in doing so I mark myself as their legacy.

gdman it, if Reagan were our candidate not only would the Repub's win in a landslide, things would get done in a hurry when inaugurated.

And we would be in the mess we are today 30 years down the line! :pirate:

Yay conservative revolution!!!... People want to carry their kids til 26, want to not get denied for pre-existing conditions... YET they don't want to pay for it! No new taxes!!!

Like going to the bar with 5 friends... The first 4 buy rounds for all... When it comes to the 5th friend, the Republican's, to buy a round... They get "the call" from the wife to come home! Sorry guy's thanks for the drinks! Suckers!

Happy belated 4th!

Figured this semi-LAMP could go here.

A friend of mine from college called me today. She was born in the Ukraine and came here with her parents as a child. She tells me, "I just missed having my first Independence Day." I say, "What the hell are you talking about?" Turns out she took the Oath of Allegiance today! The B word hadn't even told me that she'd taken the test.

Holy stupid "article", batman. But it's nice to know where you get your news from. Explains why your posts are always so stu-tarded.

It so happens it was posted on Drudge, Robin. Enough other people seemed to agree with me but go ahead, agree with Chris Rock.

It so happens it was posted on Drudge, Robin. Enough other people seemed to agree with me but go ahead, agree with Chris Rock.

Yes ... because Drudge is an excellent source of "news".

Gimme a break.

The only celebrity who tweeted anything was Rock. The rest of the anti-american tweets are from people who aren't famous (unlike what the headline says) and most likely nut jobs. The fact the article takes a shot at Sorkin as being the ring leader when in fact he didn't tweet a single thing is just a low blow and exposes this for the partisan craziness that it is. What Sorkin did do is write a fictionalized TV show ....that debuted 2 weeks prior to the 4th of July.

So yeah, it's a stupid article for stupid people.

Edited by tgreg99

Yes ... because Drudge is an excellent source of "news".

Gimme a break.

The only celebrity who tweeted anything was Rock. The rest of the anti-american tweets are from people who aren't famous (unlike what the headline says) and most likely nut jobs. The fact the article takes a shot at Sorkin as being the ring leader when in fact he didn't tweet a single thing is just a low blow and exposes this for the partisan craziness that it is. What Sorkin did do is write a fictionalized TV show ....that debuted 2 weeks prior to the 4th of July.

So yeah, it's a stupid article for stupid people.

Drudge is a clearing house. There are articles posted there from many sources including WP, LAT, NYT, HuffingtonPost etc. so don't even attempt to play that game. Don Cheadle and Zach Braff also tweeted and Sorkin was quoted. The real thing here is why do you agree with Chris Rock and hate America so much?

Drudge is a clearing house. There are articles posted there from many sources including WP, LAT, NYT, HuffingtonPost etc. so don't even attempt to play that game. Don Cheadle and Zach Braff also tweeted and Sorkin was quoted. The real thing here is why do you agree with Chris Rock and hate America so much?

Sorkin wasn't quoted or even retweeted. Nowhere in the article is Sorkin mentioned other than a raving tweet by someone bashing Newsroom (out of the clear blue sky, no prompting).

Again. Stupid article for stupid people. Thank you for proving it.

Sorkin wasn't quoted or even retweeted. Nowhere in the article is Sorkin mentioned other than a raving tweet by someone bashing Newsroom (out of the clear blue sky, no prompting).

Again. Stupid article for stupid people. Thank you for proving it.

You can agree with the haters of all things America if you want. That's what makes us America. You and Chris Rock, bashing Independence day. :thumbdown: