Unbelievably sad video out of Greece...NY

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey for 400k tax free, they can pick on me... Make me cry all they want!

God bless America!

You cry here on this board enough and I guarantee you ain't collecting more than $5 online.

Edited by 3rdnlng

So now you don't want to tax the rich?

(Because at that level of income, she is one of the 1% now.)

Haha, good call. It's in a form of gift from multiple contributors. I don't even know if it is taxable?

If 40,000 people gave someone $10 separately, would it be taxed?

(I really should be in favor of taxing the money though, especially with my views on things such as estate taxes. :unsure: )

Haha, good call. It's in a form of gift from multiple contributors. I don't even know if it is taxable?

If 40,000 people gave someone $10 separately, would it be taxed?

(I really should be in favor of taxing the money though, especially with my views on things such as estate taxes. :unsure: )

Chef said no...all tax free, the person paying took the tax burden.

Chef said no...all tax free, the person paying took the tax burden.

Normally I'd defer to Chef on this...but it's not like she's a 503©, and every gift I've ever received I've had to pay taxes on.

Which could just as easily mean that I've been !@#$ing up my taxes.

I'd like to reiterate that she was REALL REALLY REALLY epicly bad at her job.

I am not a hospice social worker (that's for you 3rd) because that's not a job that suits my personality--I could not do it. This woman should not be working with monster teens in a situation where she is supposed to monitor/discipline them.

The kids are still little monsters but WTF. IF you're going to cry and say you're going to put their faces on posters, maybe this is not the job for you.

I'd like to reiterate that she was REALL REALLY REALLY epicly bad at her job.

I am not a hospice social worker (that's for you 3rd) because that's not a job that suits my personality--I could not do it. This woman should not be working with monster teens in a situation where she is supposed to monitor/discipline them.

The kids are still little monsters but WTF. IF you're going to cry and say you're going to put their faces on posters, maybe this is not the job for you.

I know, the kids would probably have you peeing your pants after your sashaying entrance onto the bus.

I mean WTF? Who the hell buys their purse at Wegmans? Honestly?

Why not? You can buy almost anything in Wegmans. Can't wait for them to finally crack the North NJ market. They're oh so close.

Normally I'd defer to Chef on this...but it's not like she's a 503©, and every gift I've ever received I've had to pay taxes on.

Which could just as easily mean that I've been !@#$ing up my taxes.

There are no taxes due from the person receiving the gift. The donor has to pay a gift tax on anything over $13k. What gifts have you paid taxes on??

My wife and I heard that on the radio this evening and said to each other "Where can we get some kids to pick on us?"

Right here. I think we've found our payday baby!

There are no taxes due from the person receiving the gift. The donor has to pay a gift tax on anything over $13k. What gifts have you paid taxes on??

Monetary gifts from my father, mostly. For college graduation, he gave each of us siblings a chunk of stock, for example.

Although now that I recall, in that case I may have just paid taxes on anything above and beyond the cost basis of the gift.

Monetary gifts from my father, mostly. For college graduation, he gave each of us siblings a chunk of stock, for example.

Although now that I recall, in that case I may have just paid taxes on anything above and beyond the cost basis of the gift.

What type of account did he set up to put them in, an individual or UTMA/UGMA and did you pay income taxes or cap gains?

Oh and be aware that the basis in not calculated at the time of the gift. He gifted you his cost basis.

Edited by Chef Jim