Unbelievably sad video out of Greece...NY

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are same good kids that some poor under paid teacher has to deal with for 8 hours a day. According to some the teacher being a public sector worker "does not grow the economy :huh: " needs to be fired!

This is what I mean about useless hyperbole. One of the main reasons progressives are being relegated to to the attic box is because you are simply unable to converse without taking things down a road of useless, unintelligible gibberish.

And by the way...no one MAKES the teacher work 8 hours a day with these kids. The teacher CHOOSES to do so.

What is the rationalization for taxing windfalls?

I don't know, it was never my idea to begin with. Ask Pelosi or Reid.

And has nothing to do with this situation of course.

I think a tax-free gifted half-million in - what, a week? - constitutes a windfall.

I don't know, it was never my idea to begin with. Ask Pelosi or Reid.

I think a tax-free gifted half-million in - what, a week? - constitutes a windfall.

While he's at it, maybe he could ask them why Apple's windfall profits are good but other companies' windfall profits are bad.

While he's at it, maybe he could ask them why Apple's windfall profits are good but other companies' windfall profits are bad.

I will answer that... Because people are dumbass lemmings that would rather by an overpriced Appl TV with a cute little logo than identical Samsung one for much less.

Anyway, Tom aswered his the question to me with his answer to Chef, in the very same post... My question was answered.

I will answer that... Because people are dumbass lemmings that would rather by an overpriced Appl TV with a cute little logo than identical Samsung one for much less.

Anyway, Tom aswered his the question to me with his answer to Chef, in the very same post... My question was answered.

But think of the teachers, firemen, and police officers we could hire if Apple weren't raping the consumer to reap such obscene profits. Those profits came from society and society deserves a proper share of them, think of the children. And because Apple is still profiting, they clearly aren't paying their proper, ahem, fair share.

But think of the teachers, firemen, and police officers we could hire if Apple weren't raping the consumer to reap such obscene profits. Those profits came from society and society deserves a proper share of them, think of the children. And because Apple is still profiting, they clearly aren't paying their proper, ahem, fair share.

Huh? Obviously you took my sarcasm wrong. Apple even now is doing squat. Yeah, stop their damn obsession with litagation and start competing in business and maybe they would finally begin to help society.

I got a shitload of lemons on my Meyer lemon tree at my new house. That's a windfall. Should I be taxed on that? Winfall tax is a tax on windfall PROFITS. Once again, doesn't apply here.

Umm....no they weren't. You're a dumbass, Tom's either tired or !@#$ing around.

I got a shitload of lemons on my Meyer lemon tree at my new house. That's a windfall. Should I be taxed on that? Winfall tax is a tax on windfall PROFITS. Once again, doesn't apply here.

Umm....no they weren't. You're a dumbass, Tom's either tired or !@#$ing around.

So now you are speaking for Tom... I knew you guys were tight. Not that tight.

So now you are speaking for Tom... I knew you guys were tight. Not that tight.

No, I'm not speaking for Tom. :rolleyes: I'm giving him a pass on being a dumbass. And the pass is probably because of the latter reason. You my friend deserve no such pass. Do you understand why I'm calling you out as a dumbass here?

This is what I mean about useless hyperbole. One of the main reasons progressives are being relegated to to the attic box is because you are simply unable to converse without taking things down a road of useless, unintelligible gibberish.

And by the way...no one MAKES the teacher work 8 hours a day with these kids. The teacher CHOOSES to do so.

It's so true. I was thinking the same thing earlier after mistakenly posting in the OTW thread. I say "It bothers me the way people get so carried away by their emotions." They hear "!@#$ the old lady, !@#$ everyone who donates to her, & someone should force them to stop &/or confiscate her money." Or more typically I say "all powerful government is dangerous" & they hear "we should disband the government, empower rich people & corporations and subjugate the poor & middle class." It's really tough to have meaningful discourse with someone like that.

Or income. You're forgetting when Congress really, really wanted to confiscate Wall Street bonuses because it was some sort of unearned windfall earnings.

Tom's either tired or !@#$ing around.

Or illustrating the crass hypocrisy of idiots.

Or all three.

It's so true. I was thinking the same thing earlier after mistakenly posting in the OTW thread. I say "It bothers me the way people get so carried away by their emotions." They hear "!@#$ the old lady, !@#$ everyone who donates to her, & someone should force them to stop &/or confiscate her money." Or more typically I say "all powerful government is dangerous" & they hear "we should disband the government, empower rich people & corporations and subjugate the poor & middle class." It's really tough to have meaningful discourse with someone like that.

It's not limited to the internet, either. Try having a conversation with my sister-in-law.

I just find it easier, after all this time, to say "!@#$ the old lady and everyone who donated to her" or "we should empower rich people and enslave the working class." Takes less time, and it's what they hear anyway.

Or income. You're forgetting when Congress really, really wanted to confiscate Wall Street bonuses because it was some sort of unearned windfall earnings.

Or illustrating the crass hypocrisy of idiots.

Or all three.

You must be tired. Do I have to re-explain the difference between gifts, earned income, profits and cap gains?