Justin Tuck, Giants, new facemask

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the other DLmen on the giants facemask more. I think it's Boleys. Looks badass. Tucks is cool hut it's just cause it's different.

On a side note, why are players getting to create thier own facemask styles nowdays? It's over the top. Don't understand it.

I like the other DLmen on the giants facemask more. I think it's Boleys. Looks badass. Tucks is cool hut it's just cause it's different.

On a side note, why are players getting to create thier own facemask styles nowdays? It's over the top. Don't understand it.

I'm not sure why he got to stylize it but the general thing for him was wanting a mask with very small holes that couldn't be grabbed to defend against neck injuries.

Heaven forbid a guy injects a little fun and personal style into his job and uniform.

You seem to think I was offended by the facemask. I just think it looks ridiculous.

I would compare it to truck nuts, they look stupid, but I am not offended by them.

is this headed in the direction of NHL goalies?

It's only a matter of time before we see them shaped like flames, gnashing teeth, skull and crossbones, etc.

Why not? As long as it doesn't affect the game, I couldn't care less. What does bother me are the tinted visors so that you can't see the player's eyes. I've always suspected that gives a player- especially a QB or RB- an unfair advantage.

Edited by Rocky Landing

Imagine getting a finger caught in there. Yikes.

Serves them right! Shouldn't be there in the first place! :pirate:

It's only a matter of time before we see them shaped like flames, gnashing teeth, skull and crossbones, etc.

Why not? As long as it doesn't affect the game, I couldn't care less. What does bother me are the tinted visors so that you can't see the player's eyes. I've always suspected that gives a player- especially a QB or RB- an unfair advantage.

Don't they have to have a med note for the tinted visors?

Imagine getting a finger caught in there. Yikes.

The point is you can't get your hands stuck in there. The point of this new design is so you can't grab it or grip the facemask. The facemask is made out of titanium to make it a lot lighter. There's a function to this design people