Other Teams Afraid of the Big Bad Bills

Brand J

Homer. Bills have bleakest outlook at this point, they are the worst at QB in their division right now, and as it looks right now 3 years down the line too.

Your opinion is the opposite of a homer -- you're unreasonably pessimistic. Fitz is far from the worst QB in the division. The stinkin' fish have a rookie with big question marks while the Jests have dirty Sanchez (since Rex says Tebow is not going to become the starter, he doesn't count). And you have no idea what three years from now holds for any team in any pro sport.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already explained, even if Garrard and Moore are better than Fitz, it does mean that Miami believes either of those guys are good enough to win the Super Bowl. That combined with the fans wanting their next Marino, and their owner wanting them to draft a QB and to also please the fan base made Tanehill the easy and obvious choice. Not to mention that rookies get slotted for money, so you can take a QB right now that does not really need to play right now either.

You are welcome, OCinBuffalo, for the class. All of what I just said above are true, make perfect sense and are the reasons Tanehill was drafted by Miami.

BTW, I hate the Dolphins.

Edited by paintmyhouse

I have already explained, even if Garrard and Moore are better than Fitz, it does mean that Miami believes either of those guys are good enough to win the Super Bowl. That combined with the fans wanting their next Marino, and their owner wanting them to draft a QB and to also please the fan base made Tanehill the easy and obvious choice. Not to mention that rookies get slotted for money, so you can take a QB right now that does not really need to play right now either.

You are welcome, OCinBuffalo, for the class. All of what I just said above are true, make perfect sense and are the reasons Tanehill was drafted by Miami.

BTW, I hate the Dolphins.

Fair enough. But was it the RIGHT choice, in your opinion? Regardless of what fans wanted.

Fair enough. But was it the RIGHT choice, in your opinion? Regardless of what fans wanted.

If their coaches and scouts believe it, then yes. They are not that close to being all that good. I think teams will begin to take risks higher on QBs now with the rookie wage scale. I think Moore is a decent enough QB at this point to complete for 2nd place with the Bills and Jets. For right now it is the right choice, the owner and the fans wanted it and they have been playing to some not so full stadiums. I wish the Bills took him. I would have said the same thing. He does not have to play right now. I think Buffalo would have taken him at 10 had Miami not taken him. The new QB rule for the extra roster spot allows teams to keep 3 QBs now and not expose a QB to the practice squad.

Edited by paintmyhouse

This thread got derailed fast with someone refering to jaws as a "homer."

But everyone should listen to the jaws interview. Lots of good stuff on there. He did throw out there that teams have told him they are afraid of the bills. But there is a lot more there. He goes into qb mechanics, talks about when Fitz threw his bad passes, addition of lee, addition of gilmore, and a lot of other stuff. He talks some non bills stuff as well. His qb story he is doing sounds great. He took 30 qbs and watched every pass by them and is breaking them all down. I guess he already released Tebow, who is number 30.

Interview is in the audiovault on wgr

Can't wait till September!

Assuming Merriman is half-way healthy, our entire 4-3 defensive line starters would need double teaming on most plays.

That only leaves three guys to make plays against seven other guys. :flirt:

In all seriousness, it's going to be fun watching our front four wreak havoc this fall.

All this positive press is making me nervous. It is fun though, to finally hear good news coming out about our Bills. I just can't wait for the season to start at this point. Hey paintmyhouse...troll much?

Well, better than the alternative!

Stop responding to the trolls. They want you to tell them that they are 'pessimistic' and 'wrong' so they can tell you how right they are..

Just stop responding and it will torment them. They will squirm and think about it. Dwell on it and become more miserable. It's much more effective then trying to debate them as they have no interest in a rational middle, only the attention you provide them that they aren't getting elsewhere.

I'll be happy like in the past when SI puts the Bills on the cover in December and says "The Big Bad Bills".

Jaws comments are like any other talking head at this point. Conjecture. Hard too imagine anyone losing sleep over the big bad bills in June. Other than those fans blinded by the light.

The Bills employ Ron Jaworski?

He works for ESPN, but I'm sure there's a conspiracy theory for that too. Maybe his brain was hijacked by aliens that are huge fans of the Buffalo Bills and those same aliens are being forced by Bills fans to have positive comments about the team. That was fun...

Explain. Bleakest in relation to what? The Dolphins? Please. The Jets and their Tebow experiment, waiting to blow up in their faces?

Exactly.

I'm not a big Fitz supporter by any means.

But I like our QB situation as much, if not better, than the Jets and Dolphins.

The comment "Matt Moore was better than Fitz" made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I've never witnessed a level of football knowledge lower. Perhaps the closest would be someone that doesn't actually watch football. Matt Moore isn't even a backup caliber quarterback. Worse than the Loss-man and worse than captain checkdown. Teams will be afraid of Buffalo's defensive line. They're not going to want to line up against three out of four players that for the most part can't be contained with a single blocker. The product that we have on the field right now could be as good as any since the Kelly era teams.

Matt Moore killed Buffalo 2 times bro....what r u talking about? Matt Moore is superior to Edwards and Losman all day buddy. Buffalo's defense this year should be superior this year but look at the scoreboard Matt Moore 2 Ryan Fitz 0.

Kelly era teams had a good qb....we have fitz....gotta disagree a lil here..run game and defense will get the W's not the int machine from Harvard.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Matt Moore killed Buffalo 2 times bro....what r u talking about? Matt Moore is superior to Edwards and Losman all day buddy. Buffalo's defense this year should be superior this year but look at the scoreboard Matt Moore 2 Ryan Fitz 0.

Kelly era teams had a good qb....we have fitz....gotta disagree a lil here..run game and defense will get the W's not the int machine from Harvard.

The "int machine" had one of the highest QBRs and lowest INTs of any QB during the first half.

Further, Matt Moore didn't kill us. Our lack of a D line and their power run game killed us.

If their coaches and scouts believe it, then yes. They are not that close to being all that good. I think teams will begin to take risks higher on QBs now with the rookie wage scale. I think Moore is a decent enough QB at this point to complete for 2nd place with the Bills and Jets. For right now it is the right choice, the owner and the fans wanted it and they have been playing to some not so full stadiums. I wish the Bills took him. I would have said the same thing. He does not have to play right now. I think Buffalo would have taken him at 10 had Miami not taken him. The new QB rule for the extra roster spot allows teams to keep 3 QBs now and not expose a QB to the practice squad.

You could keep them before. They just wouldn't be active on gamedays unless others were hurt. They were still regularly on the 53, of course if you had one worth it. The new rule is little to do with PS. It allows a 46th on gamedays not a 54th everyday

Edited by NoSaint

You could keep them before. They just wouldn't be active on gamedays unless others were hurt. They were still regularly on the 53, of course if you had one worth it. The new rule is little to do with PS. It allows a 46th on gamedays not a 54th everyday

You are correct about this.