Other Teams Afraid of the Big Bad Bills

Brand J

From Chris Brown:

According to ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski the Bills offseason moves have some other NFL clubs shuddering at what Buffalo’s could be capable of in 2012.

Appearing on Bills flagship WGR Sportsradio 550, Jaworski provided a snapshot on the general feedback he’s received from other teams concerning the maneuvers Buffalo has made this offseason to improve their roster.

“I think Bills fans should be excited about the team,” Jaworski said. ”I applaud what Buddy Nix has done. The plan is in place. I believe Chan Gailey has done a tremendous job with this team. I think the future looks very, very bright in Buffalo. I’m in communication with 32 teams throughout the offseason. There are a lot of teams that are very scared of what the Buffalo Bills are doing. You see the addition of Mario Williams. It makes a huge statement that the Bills are committed to winning.”

Link to R. Jaworski Podcast

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this positive press is making me nervous. It is fun though, to finally hear good news coming out about our Bills. I just can't wait for the season to start at this point. Hey paintmyhouse...troll much?

All this positive press is making me nervous. It is fun though, to finally hear good news coming out about our Bills. I just can't wait for the season to start at this point. Hey paintmyhouse...troll much?

I just have a different opinion. Didn't realize people were so sensitive. Must be all those tha decided to never move more than 10 miles from wher they grew up.

Right now I don't think any team is afraid of any other team ... these are the days of optimism for all (With the exception of a few "Bills' fans" who for some reason would rather always have "their" team fail rather than taking a collective deep breath and dreaming of the possibilities right now.).

That being said ... this team has the most potential of truly being a defensive force than any of our teams since the days of Bruce and the Biscuit! Our defensive front eight will be messing with each offensive line they face this year and that should give our offense more time, which leads to more wins (the offense already showed its potency when everyone was healthy last year).

GO BILLS but let's wait until opening day before we start to imagine that other NFL teams are afraid of the Mean Bunch down at the One Bills Drive corral.

I'm sure people were "scared" of the Eagles last year, too.

the big difference seeming to be that they built around guys that had reps of being in it for themselves and not always preparing to win. mario as the star free agent addition is very different.

oh good, a new jackass to entertain us in the offseason... :rolleyes:

As far as the Bills and the offseason goes, we definitely have a lot to be excited about. I'm confident in a playoff spot this year (after correctly predicting losing seasons the past 2 years). But we'll need to see it on the field first. Right now, it's all talk and "on paper".

Cant wait for the season to start!

I just have a different opinion. Didn't realize people were so sensitive. Must be all those tha decided to never move more than 10 miles from wher they grew up.

Not oversensitive, just reacting to your sniveling, negative comments all around the board to try to fire people up. And I fail to see how proximity to your home town has anything to do with it.

At this point Bills are not even as good as the Jauron teams, it is time for true seeing before believing.

Now that I agree with (in bold)...but on paper this is a much better team than the Jauron era.

At this point Bills are not even as good as the Jauron teams, it is time for true seeing before believing.

If all you want to go on is final record, maybe you can say that. However, anyone watching knows that last year's Bills team would have mud-stomped even the best of the Jauron teams. Ask the Pats. And with the offseason improvements, we are looking at the best team this town has seen in over a decade.

Yes they have to prove it on the field. But anyone not excited or optimistic at this point, is just trying to be a dick.

Ok, now this is getting annoying because you are just so wrong!

The location of Bills' fans has no relevance into our ability to have accurate opinions about the team that Nix and Gailey have been building. And, as someone who has moved away from Buffalo for work purposes, I would never raise a critical voice of those who have been fortunate enough to live in Western New York all of their lives. The slighting of those posters and fans is perhaps reflective that the critic has nothing substantial to base his negativity on so he goes after residents of Buffalo.

Those who understand football and what kind of players it takes to produce a winning team cannot dispute that the Bills' current roster has "our team (Now, paint it appears that the Buffalo Bills are not your team but most of us on this board are Buffalo Bills' fans.)" poised to have a major breakout year in 2012. Most of us are realistic enough to understand that injuries can turn a team totally around, which is what occurred last season. Any team that loses key players for the season will also see their win column being reversed from its potentiality.

We are in June ... the OTA's are happening ... training camp is weeks away ... all but one of our draft picks is signed ... we made the second biggest free agent signing of the NFL Spring ... key players are recovering from surgeries at a faster pace than anticipated ... this is the time of year for true fans to have their cups overflowing and to be at our highest level of optimism.

The good news is ... this defense combined with Fitz's leadership, our O-line, our RB's and yes even our WR's allow us to clearly see that this Bills team is ready to get all of us up and SHOUTING come September with the playoffs finally being a realistic expectation rather than a pipe dream requiring luck ...

Lol, first you say the bills are bleak because of who they have at qb, then you say jaurons team was better? Who did jauron have at qb that is so much better than what we have right now? Hell, Vince young alone is better than losman and Edwards combined.

Right now I look at it as potential, lots of potential but it has to manifest its self on the field.

Pretty much. Lots of potential, but no sure thing.

I do feel we will beat the pats* at least once this season