Recommend a good stand-up comedian to watch

Just Jack

I'm interested in watching some good stand up tonight. Some of who I like...

Bill Engvall

Gabriel Iglesias

Bill Cosby

Robin Williams

I guess you could say i like the comedians that don't need a swear word every other word to be funny. And no Dane Cook.

Hopefully whatever is recommended I can find on Netflix streaming.

Thanks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said "good" and then "Dane Cook". That's funny all by itself.

Jim Gaffigan, Brian Regan, Mike Joiner, Dave Ferrell, and Mike McIntyre are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Daniel Tosh doesn't swear much during his act but his material is edgy.

Bill Engvall

Gabriel Iglesias

Bill Cosby

Robin Williams

I guess you could say i like the comedians that don't need a swear word every other word to be funny. And no Dane Cook.

Thanks.

Bill Engvall - top notch - seen him live (and up close) - Blue Collar Comedy Tour - all their stuff is PG-19

Jeff Dunhan - you've seen him on TV - but even better live - come to Del Mar 06/23

Robin Williams - eeek - NSFW

Bill Engvall - top notch - seen him live (and up close) - Blue Collar Comedy Tour - all their stuff is PG-19

Jeff Dunhan - you've seen him on TV - but even better live - come to Del Mar 06/23

Robin Williams - eeek - NSFW

To each his own, but Jeff Dunham is humorless IMO.

Seconded on Daniel Tosh. Louis CK is great as well. Old videos of Mitch Hedberg, may he rest in peace.

Jim Gaffigan cracks me up! Tosh has such a good delivery.. like u said edgy, but funny as hell

You said "good" and then "Dane Cook". That's funny all by itself.

Jim Gaffigan, Brian Regan, Mike Joiner, Dave Ferrell, and Mike McIntyre are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Daniel Tosh doesn't swear much during his act but his material is edgy.

Just discovered Louis CK....great stuff!!!

To each his own, but Jeff Dunham is humorless IMO.

Seconded on Daniel Tosh. Louis CK is great as well. Old videos of Mitch Hedberg, may he rest in peace.

Bill Engvall

Gabriel Iglesias

Bill Cosby

Robin Williams

Thanks.

One of my favorites.....

http://www.micklazinski.com/

better quality video..

Edited by Frez

Louis CK is great as well.

I wouldn't put Louis in the clean category. He's not Richard Prior/Lennie Bruce dirty but he throws plenty around.

Old videos of Mitch Hedberg, may he rest in peace.

Mitch was funny as hell. What unique perspective.

There is a guy that looks like Jim Carrey that is very good, can't remember his name right now.

You mean Chip Esten?

They arent my favorite comics necessarily but if you want to see some great classic one hour stand up routines, the first HBO special of Steven Wright is priceless, and the first one hour special (I think) of Dennis Miller called Mr. Miller Goes to Washington (and I'm a liberal) is simply brilliant.

Louis CK is currently the #1 stand up comedian alive right now. He is a "comedian's comedian". There are 2 specials on Netflix streaming. While he does incorporate swearing into his act, he does not use it as a crutch for cheap laughs. Can not recommend him enough.

Agreed on Mitch Hedberg as well, but I dont think there is anything on streaming.

Patrice O'Neal has a concert on streaming. His last that he recorded shortly before his death this year. The most tragic part was that he was just starting to come into his own. The special (Elephant In The Room) is great.

Patton Oswalt is up at the top now too, and has a couple concerts on NEtflix streaming. I'd also search Netflix for "The Comedians of Comedy" which includes Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Maria Bamford, and Zach Galifianakis (which are all great).

They arent my favorite comics necessarily but if you want to see some great classic one hour stand up routines, the first HBO special of Steven Wright is priceless, and the first one hour special (I think) of Dennis Miller called Mr. Miller Goes to Washington (and I'm a liberal) is simply brilliant.

Two of my all time favorites. Wright is just so different from everyone else.

Louis CK is currently the #1 stand up comedian alive right now. He is a "comedian's comedian". There are 2 specials on Netflix streaming. While he does incorporate swearing into his act, he does not use it as a crutch for cheap laughs. Can not recommend him enough.

Agreed on Mitch Hedberg as well, but I dont think there is anything on streaming.

Patrice O'Neal has a concert on streaming. His last that he recorded shortly before his death this year. The most tragic part was that he was just starting to come into his own. The special (Elephant In The Room) is great.

Patton Oswalt is up at the top now too, and has a couple concerts on NEtflix streaming. I'd also search Netflix for "The Comedians of Comedy" which includes Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Maria Bamford, and Zach Galifianakis (which are all great).

Maria Bamford is hilarious.

Maria Bamford is hilarious.

Yes she is! Way better than Sarah Silverman, imo, and I love me some Sarah. Unfortunately, the only shows on Netflix streaming Maria Bamford is featured in are the Comedians of Comedy concerts. They need to get her solo acts up there asap!

Edited by DrDareustein