Ex-Eagles Pres. Seeking Bills Ownership

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all a pointless since Ralph has consistantly stated that he will not sell the Buffalo Bills and it will go up for auction upon his death.

Hardly pointless. His group could bid on the Bills once Mr. Wilson crosses over. Being an ex-president in the NFL would seem to give him the inside track from knowing the system and the other owners.

As always though, we won't know until it happens.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Anyone with no connections to WNY that is potentially trying to buy the Bills worries me. Especially the comments in this article about the stadium and that he is not opposed to moving the team to LA. My gut says if he were to buy the team, he would try to leverage the county for a new stadium and when the people aren’t willing to pay for it from tax dollars, he moves the team to LA or another city that is willing to build one for him.

Are the Bills moving to Philadelphia?

PTR

Hey the whole two team thing is working for Jersey ... I mean NYC ;)

Anyone with no connections to WNY that is potentially trying to buy the Bills worries me. Especially the comments in this article about the stadium and that he is not opposed to moving the team to LA. My gut says if he were to buy the team, he would try to leverage the county for a new stadium and when the people aren’t willing to pay for it from tax dollars, he moves the team to LA or another city that is willing to build one for him.

No point losing sleep over it while Mr. Wilson still walks on the earth my friend. There is nothing you can do about it anyway (unless you have 800-900 million dollars laying around). :)

Just enjoy this upcoming season!

Edited by CodeMonkey

I look at the Bills who are finally heading in the right direction and if they are up for sale in the near future its a perfect time to buy! Look how bad we have been over the years and still sell out games! Imagine a winning team in buffalo competing for a super bowl every year! Its a gold mine!

I look at the Bills who are finally heading in the right direction and if they are up for sale in the near future its a perfect time to buy! Look how bad we have been over the years and still sell out games! Imagine a winning team in buffalo competing for a super bowl every year! Its a gold mine!

Too bad most possible-future-owners don't realize that because their looking through money glasses (if that makes sense)

No point losing sleep over it while Mr. Wilson still walks on the earth my friend. There is nothing you can do about it anyway (unless you have 800-900 million dollars laying around). :)

Just enjoy this upcoming season!

I think that's what we should be worried about...Ralph isn't doing a whole lot of walking anywhere these days...

Hardly pointless. His group could bid on the Bills once Mr. Wilson crosses over. Being an ex-president in the NFL would seem to give him the inside track from knowing the system and the other owners.

As always though, we won't know until it happens.

Of course anything is possible. It's possible I win the next 6 MegaMillions and I buy the team myself. It's possible that James Cameron and Michael Bay want to buy the team to make a movie where Avatar and Transformers play football against one another in a new upcoming movie. It's also a fact that The Bills are currently in Buffalo and Ralph and Co are negotiating new stadium lease extensions and upgrades beyond 2013. It is about a year away from now before something has to be done and our only worry is that Ralph crosses over before that deal happens.

I personally believe Ralph has some agenda in place and will not let Buffalo go quietly into the night. I also believe Jim Kelly is somehow involved. It's no suprise that JK is still very much involved in the team and all the sudden he stopped inquiring about ownership and his group of investors. He acts like a ninja, quietly behind the scenes, ready to strike at any given moment.

It's also noted that Goodell is making serious changes and needs to have the league and it's fans as much as possible. He knows it will threaten the league to move a team that has been part of the NFL for over 50 years. It will scare and intimidate other owners of small market teams like Cleveland, Pitt, Jax, Indy, STL, etc into thinking that at any given time they could lose their teams if the NFL decides it so.

Not only does the team go up for auction, it also must be approved by other NFL owners and the NFL. They don't recieve enough money in game rickets to make a difference where they are. It's all about the TV contracts. Of course they would make more money in a market like LA over Buffalo but the NFL, just like the Bills are capitalizing on the Toronto market and that is very close to LA.

Hail Jim Kelly and his investment group of BILLIONAIRES!!! Probably including some of the following people:

Jacobs- not able to own NFL team outright, but no laws saying he can't be a minority stake as far as I know.

Galisano- loves the city of Buffalo and Weatern NY in general. I have no doubt he would be willing and interested to help save the Bills and keep them here. Has already spoken to RWJR and inquired about the team and IMO probably why he sold the Sabres. Not that he can't own both, but the man is clearly a business man and wouldn't want to put so much into owning 2 sports teams.

Rich- Former stadium advertisement and Buffalo run company. Would be good for business and the city.

Trump- Previous owner of USFL team and has relationship with Kelly because of that. Recently wanted to run for Prez, later to be laughed out of that conversation. Would be interested in expanding his Billion Dollar portfolio.

Buffett- Owner of the Buffalo news and sole reason why Geico is in Buffalo. He likes the city and the people in the city. He was confident in the people in Buffalo to be the largest Geico office on the east coast.

Pegula- Do I really need to say anything here?

I'm not saying any or all would be involved, but there is no reason to believe any one of these names wouldn't or couldn't be part of Kellys ownership group. Dare I say they have as much pull or more pull than anyone some Eagles former President can find?

It would be just like almost any other NFL city with a winning team, except maybe Jacksonville.......

Very few NFL teams have a problem selling out when they are consistently winning.

Dare I say they have as much pull or more pull than anyone some Eagles former President can find?

Personally I would think a NFL ex president who presumably knows most if not all of the current owners and presidents would have more pull than one ex player and a collection of random billionaires. But who knows.

But as you said, anything is possible at this point. We will know when we know.

Personally I would think a NFL ex president who presumably knows most if not all of the current owners and presidents would have more pull than one ex player and a collection of random billionaires. But who knows.

But as you said, anything is possible at this point. We will know when we know.

Your right about knowing when we know. But my comment about Pull has nothing to do with hookups in the NFL. It's about money and who will have more during auction time.

And I hardly doubt that ANYONE in the NFL, let alone probably 3/4 or more put together have as much money as Buffett. And considering pull, Jacobs is in just about every single major sports stadium/arena in the united states. He has quite a bit of pull. Galisano probably suplies checks to every team.

I just feel like arguing today. Sorry if I'm coming off as an @$$hole. I just hate hearing this stupid rumor every 3-6 months on a regular basis.

The Bills may not be for sale, but if I was looking to buy the Bills when Ralph is no longer with us, I wouldn't wait to get my ownership group together until after he leaves us.