Marcus Easley

I think I must have a differ perception from others. My recollection is he was hurt early in the preaseason his first year in the league. Then last year when there was basically no training camp and OTAs he had 2 decent preseason games. I happened to be at the Denver game because my brother lives there and he did a good job of separating and made the catches that he could. Then next was the Jacksonville game in which he also looked very good where he was 5/51 yds and a TD. Unfortunately after that he was shutdown with the heart ailment.

To me, from the limited times that I seen him, he's big,fast and runs sharp routes. I don't recall him having stone hands, too be honest I seen Stevie drop a helavu lot of easy catches and we know just how good he is.

I agree with you --I don't remember Easley dropping passes. I remember Ruvell Martin dropping just about everything thrown to him.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They needed the roster spot, huh? To sign Easley's replacement-- a number 5 or 6 WR (Ruvell Martin that same day). Yeah, good thing they huslted the guy they were super high on in preseason to IR--good point! And even if he was out the full 4 weeks (he's not on bedrest for that long, doc), he would have been back in mid October--less time than if he had a high ankle sprain.

Easley started having problems the Friday before the first game. Gailey's probably figuring he'll be out until game 6, probably game 7. Sure he might have looked promising in pre-season, but he'd never played in a real game before and was having heart issues, and other receivers were getting practice and playing time.

And that's just me speculating that it's WPW, which has a definitive treatment. For all anyone knows, he might have had a PFO and had a mini-stroke/TIA.

easley is a beast. crazy combo of speed and size. get your popcorn ready

lOl! great perspective. 8and8

and you are darn tootin i will have my popcorn salted buttered and at the ready when This season starts

I agree with you --I don't remember Easley dropping passes. I remember Ruvell Martin dropping just about everything thrown to him.

I remember Easley dropping a few passes in pre season last year and fumbling. I also remember that he was no great shakes at KO returns.

I also remember Ruvell making some catches last year. He made a real nice sideline catch in the last Patsies game. One that I had been waiting all year for one of our guys to catch, but didn't. I also saw a highlight of Ruvell makng a nice circus catch at OTAs. I'm not giving up on him yet.

As far as Easley goes, show me something, please.

I remember Easley dropping a few passes in pre season last year and fumbling. I also remember that he was no great shakes at KO returns.

I also remember Ruvell making some catches last year. He made a real nice sideline catch in the last Patsies game. One that I had been waiting all year for one of our guys to catch, but didn't. I also saw a highlight of Ruvell makng a nice circus catch at OTAs. I'm not giving up on him yet.

As far as Easley goes, show me something, please.

When did Easley fumble in a pre-season game? I don't remember that. I remember him catching pretty much everything thrown at him, including a touchdown. Are you talking about in practice, not in games?

I wish we had the video of these games. Otherwise it's just you and me talking.

When did Easley fumble in a pre-season game? I don't remember that. I remember him catching pretty much everything thrown at him, including a touchdown. Are you talking about in practice, not in games?

If you remember him "catching pretty much everything thrown at him", then you have very selective memory. Easely did in fact drop some very catchable balls in preseason last year. He made a couple of nice catches, but also had some drops that hit him right in the hands that really made you scratch your head.

And while I don't have video to back me up, what reddog said was accurate regarding Easley dropping some. So it's not just you and him talking...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I think Easley fumbled a KO return that didn't cost the Bills because of a penalty. I also remember him having a bit of the butterfingers. That said, I'm rooting like hell for him this season and am anxious to see the preseason games.

I think Easley fumbled a KO return that didn't cost the Bills because of a penalty. I also remember him having a bit of the butterfingers. That said, I'm rooting like hell for him this season and am anxious to see the preseason games.

Regardless of the past, we'll see how it plays out. He has the opportunity if he has the skills and desire. The team is eager to solidify a number 2 receiver, and nobody owns the job right now. I hope someone grabs it and makes us stop arguing about preseason performances. That's what Stevie did--he was talked up by some and talked down by others for a couple of seasons based on his training camp performance. Then he got his shot and he took it.

If you remember him "catching pretty much everything thrown at him", then you have very selective memory. Easely did in fact drop some very catchable balls in preseason last year. He made a couple of nice catches, but also had some drops that hit him right in the hands that really made you scratch your head.

And while I don't have video to back me up, what reddog said was accurate regarding Easley dropping some. So it's not just you and him talking...

These are Easley's incompletions and his fumble from preseason. All of his preseason plays are pasted in post 31 in this thread.

2011 Preseason

Week 1 vs Bears

*9-R.Gould kicks 60 yards from CHI 35 to BUF 5. 81-M.Easley to BUF 25 for 20 yards (81-S.Hurd). FUMBLES (81-S.Hurd), RECOVERED by CHI-20-C.Steltz at BUF 27. 20-C.Steltz to BUF 25 for 2 yards. PENALTY on CHI-81-S.Hurd, Illegal Formation, 10 yards, enforced at CHI 35 - No Play. Bears kicked off from the CHI 30.

*2-9-BUF 30 (7:11) (Shotgun) 16-B.Smith pass incomplete short left to 81-M.Easley.

Week 2 vs Broncos 3rd quarter:

*1-10-DEN 35 (6:28) 4-T.Thigpen pass incomplete deep middle to 81-M.Easley (28-Q.Carter).

Week 3 vs Jacksonville

*2-5-JAC 45 (8:58) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to 81-M.Easley (21-D.Cox). Receiver and breakup near sideline at JAC 37. PENALTY on BUF-38-C.McIntyre, Chop Block, 15 yards, enforced at JAC 45 - No Play

*1-10-BUF 45 (2:07) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to 81-M.Easley (26-D.Landry). Receiver and breakup near sideline at JAC 40

*1-10-BUF 33 (7:07) 4-T.Thigpen pass incomplete short right to 81-M.Easley. Overthrown, receiver in flat at BUF 35.

Week 4 vs Lions

*2-8-BUF 39 (8:17) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right to 81-M.Easley. Screen pass, dropped at BUF 37.

I'll eat my crow now ... I was actually at the Denver preseason game like I stated earlier and chose to have selective memory. But you're very much correct about him not catching everything

just go to the 50 second marker in the link below and you'll see that Fitzpatrick got picked because it went right thru his hands.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8219dee1/Bills-vs-Broncos-highlights

I'll eat my crow now ... I was actually at the Denver preseason game like I stated earlier and chose to have selective memory. But you're very much correct about him not catching everything

just go to the 50 second marker in the link below and you'll see that Fitzpatrick got picked because it went right thru his hands.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8219dee1/Bills-vs-Broncos-highlights

I stand corrected as well. Unforced error.

I think Easley fumbled a KO return that didn't cost the Bills because of a penalty.

2011 Preseason

Week 1 vs Bears

*9-R.Gould kicks 60 yards from CHI 35 to BUF 5. 81-M.Easley to BUF 25 for 20 yards (81-S.Hurd). FUMBLES (81-S.Hurd), RECOVERED by CHI-20-C.Steltz at BUF 27. 20-C.Steltz to BUF 25 for 2 yards. PENALTY on CHI-81-S.Hurd, Illegal Formation, 10 yards, enforced at CHI 35 - No Play. Bears kicked off from the CHI 30.

Damn, my memory is good!

As long as we can find a big athletic wideout no.2 and someone to stretch the field that's fine with me.Easley and Hagan are similar and are competition for each other but there may be another out there.I would like to think our man is already on the roster though.

There hasn't been a season when he wasn't hurt. I see no reason to expect otherwise. I hope he has somehow absorbed talent by watching from the sidelines. I want to win and I would live to see him succeed. I'm just not holding my breath like some

its going to take graham a couple of seasons before hes ready to really compete for a starting job. i think chan will use him to get the matchups he wants but expecting him to routinely beat top corners at this stage is just way unlikely

its going to take graham a couple of seasons before hes ready to really compete for a starting job. i think chan will use him to get the matchups he wants but expecting him to routinely beat top corners at this stage is just way unlikely

I will guess he will cause some trouble this year. Beating top corners, heck it took Stevie 3-4 years and he is kinda slow. i still love him for what he brings though.

Chan will give him a try outside. IF Coach Lee can help Fitz nail it on the go routes. all in good time though Meathead.

If Easley can get up to speed this year all the better. of course we cant count out Clowney for go route match ups he is quite fast actually.

So i agree mostly. but i'm pretty upbeat that we have enough players in the corral to get some decent matchups. Geez i wish we had 60 man rosters!!

Edited by 3rdand12

These are Easley's incompletions and his fumble from preseason. All of his preseason plays are pasted in post 31 in this thread.

2011 Preseason

Week 1 vs Bears

*2-9-BUF 30 (7:11) (Shotgun) 16-B.Smith pass incomplete short left to 81-M.Easley.

Week 2 vs Broncos 3rd quarter:

*1-10-DEN 35 (6:28) 4-T.Thigpen pass incomplete deep middle to 81-M.Easley (28-Q.Carter).

Week 3 vs Jacksonville

*2-5-JAC 45 (8:58) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to 81-M.Easley (21-D.Cox). Receiver and breakup near sideline at JAC 37. PENALTY on BUF-38-C.McIntyre, Chop Block, 15 yards, enforced at JAC 45 - No Play

*1-10-BUF 45 (2:07) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to 81-M.Easley (26-D.Landry). Receiver and breakup near sideline at JAC 40

*1-10-BUF 33 (7:07) 4-T.Thigpen pass incomplete short right to 81-M.Easley. Overthrown, receiver in flat at BUF 35.

Week 4 vs Lions

*2-8-BUF 39 (8:17) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right to 81-M.Easley. Screen pass, dropped at BUF 37.

So he actually dropped about what....3 to 4 balls in the preseason? Because pass breakups dont count as drops.

• 4 weeks later...

From the article linked on the front of TBD:

Meanwhile, Easley, who turns 25 next November, patiently waits for his. At the time of the diagnosis, he was unsure if the heart condition would end his football career. It took three months for him to get clearance from doctors.

http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Kevin-Duffy-Easley-ex-teammates-forget-3676309.php#ixzz1zQaJK3f1