Romney Campaign

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and "Slick Willie's" hits just keep on coming.................

Clinton Urges Extension of All Bush Tax Cuts

Bill Clinton, who seems to be a bit of a loose cannon these days (and very much in the running for worst Obama campaign surrogate), said in a CNBC interview today that all the Bush tax cuts should be extended for now, although he doesn’t favor extending the Bush tax cuts for the affluent permanently.

and "Slick Willie's" hits just keep on coming.................

You almost get the sense that Bill's just waiting for the right moment to say "I really don't give a **** any more...I'm just !@#$in' with y'all."

Heard a tape of Obama and Clinton from last night's fundraiser on the Laura Ingraham Show. Clinton doesn't care about Obama at all. He was talking about "At least some of my budgets were balanced".

After that Oboma sounded like" F' it all. I don't care anymore". :lol: :lol: :lol:

And ironically, it's attributed to him over and over with the same result...

The real irony is that I was about to let him know that Ben Franklin was the source of that popular quotation, and perpetuate the second most commonly misattributed quote in history. Oops.

It appears, though, that no one of any consequence uttered those exact words. Rather, it seems that a line from a book about substance abuse was adapted and posthumously credited to Einstein and Franklin. How the hell does that happen?

Edited by Jauronimo

The real irony is that I was about to let him know that Ben Franklin was the source of that popular quotation, and perpetuate the second most commonly misattributed quote in history. Oops.

It appears, though, that no one of any consequence uttered those exact words. Rather, it seems that a line from a book about substance abuse was adapted and posthumously credited to Einstein and Franklin. How the hell does that happen?

I actually did a search on the quote before I used it, and in several places found it attributed to Einstein. So I gave credit where I thought it was due. Oh well, the song still remains the same.

You almost get the sense that Bill's just waiting for the right moment to say "I really don't give a **** any more...I'm just !@#$in' with y'all."

Bill is a loyal life long Democrat and a master politician who understands that you don't break from the Party. His wife is sitting Secretary of State and has possible 2016 ambitions of her own.

But I definitely get the vibe that he's sick of keeping up appearances. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill secretly votes for Romney.

Which is which? At least Romney has run a business before, whereas Barry has done nothing but organize a community, and we're seeing the results. If you're looking to continue his efforts to destroy the country, by all means, pull that lever for him. But as the old Einstein saying goes, "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sorry doc, don't mean to pick on you, but that "destroy the country" cliche is pretty weak. I don't like either of the candidates, but I don't think either one will "destroy the country". This country will survive despite them.

Sorry doc, don't mean to pick on you, but that "destroy the country" cliche is pretty weak. I don't like either of the candidates, but I don't think either one will "destroy the country". This country will survive despite them.

Why do you think you're picking on me? And the path Barry is leading us down is one of destruction.

...but that "destroy the country" cliche is pretty weak.

Just out of curiosity, if Barack Obama gets reelected and spends four more years racking up debt, increasing the deficit and AGAIN doing nothing but paying lip service to both while simultaneously ignoring reform to entitlements, what do you think will happen next? Nothing? We'll be okay? Maybe another credit downgrade? Maybe another recession?

Tell me. Four me years just like the last four, you don't see us headed for a completely and utter financial and economic schittstorm?

Just out of curiosity, if Barack Obama gets reelected and spends four more years racking up debt, increasing the deficit and AGAIN doing nothing but paying lip service to both while simultaneously ignoring reform to entitlements, what do you think will happen next? Nothing? We'll be okay? Maybe another credit downgrade? Maybe another recession?

Tell me. Four me years just like the last four, you don't see us headed for a completely and utter financial and economic schittstorm?

Well, Republicans wouldn't have the goal of voting against everything the President supports to prevent re-election anymore. Maybe both sides could work together for a change.

Well, Republicans wouldn't have the goal of voting against everything the President supports to prevent re-election anymore. Maybe both sides could work together for a change.

Again, after what Barry pulled in his first 2 years, Repubs aren't going to work with him. If He wants anything to get done, he's going to have to agree to what the Repubs want. Think he'll do it?

Again, after what Barry pulled in his first 2 years, Repubs aren't going to work with him. If He wants anything to get done, he's going to have to agree to what the Repubs want. Think he'll do it?

What did he do to them in the first 2 years? If anything, he tried compromising when it wasn't necessary. (Stimulus - extra tax cuts, Healthcare - no public option)

Republicans have "gotten him back" over the last two year if you want to look at it that way. Their goal was to not help the American people in a struggling economy. Their GOAL was to prevent the re-election of Obama and they were proud to come out and say it. Disgraceful.

Couldn't sum up the problem with AMerica any better.

Their GOAL was to prevent the re-election of Obama and they were proud to come out and say it. Disgraceful.

Truth

Maybe that'll work if Obama decides he wants to work.

Nuts-on accurate Noonan Article.

President Obama's problem now isn't what Wisconsin did, it's how he looks each day—careening around, always in flight, a superfluous figure. No one even looks to him for leadership now. He doesn't go to Wisconsin, where the fight is. He goes to Sarah Jessica Parker's place, where the money is.

There is, now, a house-of-cards feel about this administration.

It became apparent some weeks ago when the president talked on the stump—where else?—about an essay by a fellow who said spending growth is actually lower than that of previous presidents. This was startling to a lot of people, who looked into it and found the man had left out most spending from 2009, the first year of Mr. Obama's presidency. People sneered: The president was deliberately using a misleading argument to paint a false picture! But you know, why would he go out there waving an article that could immediately be debunked? Maybe because he thought it was true. That's more alarming, isn't it, the idea that he knows so little about the effects of his own economic program that he thinks he really is a low spender.

[...]

Most ominously, there are the national-security leaks that are becoming a national scandal—the "avalanche of leaks," according to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, that are somehow and for some reason coming out of the administration. A terrorist "kill list," reports of U.S. spies infiltrating Al Qaeda in Yemen, stories about Osama bin Laden's DNA and how America got it, and U.S. involvement in the Stuxnet computer virus, used against Iranian nuclear facilities. These leaks, say the California Democrat, put "American lives in jeopardy," put "our nation's security in jeopardy."

This isn't the usual—this is something different. A special counsel may be appointed.

And where is the president in all this? On his way to Anna Wintour's house. He's busy. He's running for president.

But why? He could be president now if he wanted to be

No matter how much you want to call out this tiresome, stereotypical "woe is me, the GOP won't vote for my stuff," the simple truth is Obama has never been, nor will ever be, the kind of leader who can bring people together. People aren't not working together in spite of him but rather because of him. Clinton got people to work together. Reagan got people to work together. Obama has no clue where to even start.

Leaders lead. And he has absolutely NO idea how to lead. But you keep blaming Congress. It's playing so well in Peoria these days.

I was watching Chris Matthews, just a few minutes ago, he just came up with the excuse that the US business community is purposely holding back on hiring to prevent a second term for Barack Obama.

Desperation is beginning to take hold.

Purposely, no. But deliberating whether to increase staffing when there's added risk with an uncertain return, while you're getting continually blamed for evils of capitalism, yes. Call it a capital strike against Obama & his policies.

What did he do to them in the first 2 years? If anything, he tried compromising when it wasn't necessary. (Stimulus - extra tax cuts, Healthcare - no public option)

Republicans have "gotten him back" over the last two year if you want to look at it that way. Their goal was to not help the American people in a struggling economy. Their GOAL was to prevent the re-election of Obama and they were proud to come out and say it. Disgraceful.

Barry's compromises had nothing to do with the Repubs and were ONLY about making sure the "Blue Dog" Dems would vote for his bills. Because without them, the Senate wouldn't have their super-majority and ability to invoke cloture.

And Barry could have done a lot in his first 2 year, but focused on Obamacare because it was historic. He owns the economic mess now since it's been almost 4 years since Dubya.

Couldn't sum up the problem with AMerica any better.

Yep. The problem is Barry escalated it in his first 2 years. The difference is he's the president and should be uniting us, not dividing us.

I was watching Chris Matthews, just a few minutes ago, he just came up with the excuse that the US business community is purposely holding back on hiring to prevent a second term for Barack Obama.

Desperation is beginning to take hold.

Come one, that's true. Just like the oil speculators driving up oil prices to screw Barry.