Romney Campaign

The White House take on the unemployment rise is to blame it on Bush ('07 reference). I wonder why only now they talk about the "expanding workforce". Maybe unemployment benefits are running out, because the workforce was declining prior to this which allowed the unemployment rate to decline?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/06/01/employment-situation-may

"Today we learned that the economy has added private sector jobs for 27 straight months, for a total of 4.3 million payroll jobs over that period. The economy is growing but it is not growing fast enough. BLSs establishment survey shows that private businesses added 82,000 jobs last month, and overall non-farm payroll employment rose by 69,000. The unemployment rate ticked up from 8.1 percent in April to 8.2 percent in May, according to BLSs household survey. However, the labor force participation rate increased 0.2 percentage point to 63.8 percent, and employment rose by 422,000 according to the household survey.

There is much more work that remains to be done to repair the damage caused by the financial crisis and deep recession that began at the end of 2007. Just like last year at this time, our economy is facing serious headwinds, including the crisis in Europe and a spike in gas prices that hit American families finances over the past months. It is critical that we continue the Presidents economic policies that are helping us dig our way out of the deep hole that was caused by the severe recession"

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White House take on the unemployment rise is to blame it on Bush ('07 reference). I wonder why only now they talk about the "expanding workforce". Maybe unemployment benefits are running out, because the workforce was declining prior to this which allowed the unemployment rate to decline?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/06/01/employment-situation-may

"Today we learned that the economy has added private sector jobs for 27 straight months, for a total of 4.3 million payroll jobs over that period. The economy is growing but it is not growing fast enough. BLS’s establishment survey shows that private businesses added 82,000 jobs last month, and overall non-farm payroll employment rose by 69,000. The unemployment rate ticked up from 8.1 percent in April to 8.2 percent in May, according to BLS’s household survey. However, the labor force participation rate increased 0.2 percentage point to 63.8 percent, and employment rose by 422,000 according to the household survey.

There is much more work that remains to be done to repair the damage caused by the financial crisis and deep recession that began at the end of 2007. Just like last year at this time, our economy is facing serious headwinds, including the crisis in Europe and a spike in gas prices that hit American families’ finances over the past months. It is critical that we continue the President’s economic policies that are helping us dig our way out of the deep hole that was caused by the severe recession"

But but they killed Bin Laden.

So at what point would you all prefer Romney actually talk about what to do? Never?

He has, but you're deaf and you would rather just go "la la la la, I can't hear you, la la la la la"

Thanks to Obamas "Growth" Policies, he has successfully lowered the price of Gasoline over the past month.

On a more related note to the original point of the thread, what I like what the Romney campaign is doing is that they are taking the fight to the Obama administration, this isn't like the McCain campaign, where McCain played mr. nice guy allowing himself to get bludgeoned by the Obama hit squad. That's what they thought was going to happen, they fully expected Romney to just take it, and they aren't doing that.

The strategy is smart, it helps consolidate and galvanize the base in the early stages, solidifying and hardening support to help create passion and troops on the ground and as the campaign moves forward, more of the swing voters will begin to tune in and then at that point he can begin to pivot more to the middle, by touting his bipartisan record in MA, which is something that moderates and independents like hearing, which is something that the president has massively failed at during his presidency.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/mitt-romney-fighting-moderate-wins-over-the-righ

And with the lousy economy that Obama is incapable of turning around the way it should be, it's gonna make Mitt's job that much easier.

The election will be down to the wire, regardless of anything either of them do.

The election will be down to the wire, regardless of anything either of them do.

Really? You believe that?

So a HUGE gaff in one of the debates by one of them means nothing?

Right. That fence post you sit on has got to hurt the crack of you ass. Jesus!!!

Really? You believe that?

So a HUGE gaff in one of the debates by one of them means nothing?

Right. That fence post you sit on has got to hurt the crack of you ass. Jesus!!!

Sorry, but most of the people in this country will look for color coded levers on the voting machines, without even reading the names.........

Sorry, but most of the people in this country will look for color coded levers on the voting machines, without even reading the names.........

True, but I strongly believe that in order win a presidential election, you MUST carry the independant/undecided vote. There is nothing either party can do to get the other party members to vote for that guy, so those who do not blindly pull the colored levers will carry the day...

Maybe so but debates can swing votes.

Nixon sweating like a pig

Reagon saying "there you go again"

Geaorge H looking at his watch.

Dukackas, on the rape question.

For a few examples of what people might precieve as being weak or being not interested means something.

LOL thanks for that Magox.

Put as simply as it possibly can be....Cut or invest. 2 options we can choose for 2012 depending on what we think will be more effective to keep us from moving backwards and help us increase the rate of recovery.

And it's disappointing b/c everyone knows we can't cut, tax, or spend our way out of this. But a reasonable discussion on a balanced approach is something we cannot actually have in this election...thank you far right (far left too but let's be real the far left is actually on a leash).

Edited by TheNewBills

Maybe so but debates can swing votes.

Nixon sweating like a pig

Reagon saying "there you go again"

Geaorge H looking at his watch.

Dukackas, on the rape question.

For a few examples of what people might precieve as being weak or being not interested means something.

Kind of where I was going with my post above. I think Reagan iced Mondale when he made the response about "not holding my opponent's youthful inexperience against him" after Mondale called him an old goat. And pretty sure Dukakis started to derail with the "tank photo", but I agree with your overall point...

LOL thanks for that Magox.

Put as simply as it possibly can be....Cut or invest. 2 options we can choose for 2012 depending on what we think will be more effective to keep us from moving backwards and help us increase the rate of recovery.

And it's disappointing b/c everyone knows we can't cut, tax, or spend our way out of this. But a reasonable discussion on a balanced approach is something we cannot actually have in this election...thank you far right (far left too but let's be real the far left is actually on a leash).

b/c everyone knows we can't cut, tax, or spend our way out of this.

So that's what you got out of that website? Like I said, that's how you approach things, by using the "la la la la, I can't hear you, la la la" tack. There was a whole lot more than just cut and tax thats on that website, but you selectively decide to ignore the rest. That's just a reflection of either your lack of desire to want to know his plans are or your inability to comprehend what is in there.

It's only one of the two, which is it? You stubbornly refuse to acknowledge his plans, or you simply can't comprehend what he is saying?

Sorry, sensible thinking business people dont agree with you. What you consider "far right" is what the business community including corporations consider a pro growth and pro jobs agenda. But go ahead, keep living in insulated leftist ideologue world, if thats what makes you feel more comfortable, than I'm all for it. :beer:

Edited by Magox