Romney Campaign

The Romney Campaign is showing it's considerable ability again: with this brutally poignant speech.

I mean seriously WTF was Obama thinking? And Romney's response makes him sound...incredulous. Romney sounds like a real person, not a plastic politician. This helps Romney big time, as he has sounded plastic, to me, lots of times in the past. With this, because it's so ridiculous, he gets to drop his shoulders and sounds no different than if he was sitting in a meeting room.

The only problem with this is: it was so bad, that Congressional Republicans couldn't get to the microphones fast enough. They may have inadvertently stepped on Romney's response with their own. They are going to have to remember that they aren't fighting Obama on their own anymore. They now have a new weapon in Romney, and they need to get out of the way and use it more often.

But, I'm being picky here. The very last thing Democrats want is giving reasons for Republicans to be tripping over each other on their way to the news conference. It's all bad for Obama, and who says it first may not ultimately matter.

Unforced error for Obama? I don't think so. You have to know the game, you have to know the rules, be skilled in it, and have actually played the game....to make unforced errors in it. Or for somebody to consider it to be an unforced error.

I don't see it that way. Rather, it's more like watching a new kid try to play lacrosse = staring into his stick, trying to keep he ball in there as he runs....and then boom, somebody decks him. That's not an unforced error. That's getting rocked, because you don't have the first clue what you are doing.

What did he do to them in the first 2 years? If anything, he tried compromising when it wasn't necessary. (Stimulus - extra tax cuts, Healthcare - no public option)

Republicans have "gotten him back" over the last two year if you want to look at it that way. Their goal was to not help the American people in a struggling economy. Their GOAL was to prevent the re-election of Obama and they were proud to come out and say it. Disgraceful.

Please spare us the distortion and non-fact.

The reason those "compromises" were in there was Rahm Emanuel, and Democratic Senators, were trying desperately to save the jobs of all the moderate Democrats they had just spent the last 6-7 years getting elected. Emanuel knew, and correctly stated, that going after those people for NOT supporting the stimulus without tax cuts, and opposing the public option, was stupid. Specifically, he called the people that wanted to do it: F'ing Retarded. :lol:

Republicans were out of power, completely, the first 2 years. The moderate Democrats were the ones demanding compromises, and, in a lot of cases(cough, Nebraska, cough) demanding outright payoffs(cough, paying less for medicare, Obamacare exemptions, cough). So again, spare us the BS.

You have your cause and effect screwed up here. It was only AFTER all this happened, that Sen. Mitch McConnell said that the #1 priority was defeating President Obama. That was the EFFECT. The CAUSE of that...was the disgraceful and shameless way in which Obamacare was bribed into passing.

That, and a laundry list of other abuses and schit-talking("back of the bus") is why Republicans went from "how do we work with this guy", to, "how do we get rid of this guy".

Obama has made his bed, by schitting in it, and now he, and the rest of the Democratic party have to sleep in it. Enjoy! :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic