Demetress Bell calls Bills' pass-blocking scheme "passive"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the story first thing I thought of was whether he was describing his own style of play.

I really never complained about Mr. Bell because when he was healthy he did an adequate job at LT. His lack of aggressiveness (Funny ... as I write this I think of how I have seen Wood, Levitre, Pears, and Urbik get down field with an energized aggressive style of play but if Demetrius :oops: Demetress feels it was the team's way of playing he can do that.) may have protected him from additional injuries but it seems that he is going to have a hard time replacing Peters on the Eagles' line. :lol:

Sounds like the center for the Eagle Kelce realizes that Bell is not a Peters.

You have to also wonder if maybe Chan and Joe D' kind of structered the blocking scheme for Bell that way. I mean Chan has a knack for understanding players strengths and weakness' and thus scheming accordingly. Bell is by no means a strong physical OL. We all know that.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I love how the article makes it sound like Bell is a comparable player to Peters - with the potential to be better. On what planet do these people live?

Apparently, fans of 'The Dream Team' are still in a dreamy stupor.

GO BILLSSS!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

Sounds like the center for the Eagle Kelce realizes that Bell is not a Peters.

You have to also wonder if maybe Chan and Joe D' kind of structered the blocking scheme for Bell that way. I mean Chan has a knack for understanding players strengths and weakness' and thus scheming accordingly. Bell is by now means a strong physical OL. We all know that.

+1

I believe that Jason Peters had a similar impression when he went to the Eagles. He was thrilled at the different style of line play. Don't slam Bell because he sees the same thing.

Peters was long gone before this coaching staff came on board, so that doesn't really mean anything. Besides, the Eagles "aggressive" line play has gotten Michael Vick killed the past couple years.

Does Demetress know he's basically playing RT for the Eagles. He's not protecting Vick's blindside. I never understood the Eagles approach to their line, in terms of Vick. You want your best tackle protecting the blind side. Yet Peters, stays on the Left. Surely defenses know Vicks blind side is on the Right side(left side for the defense) and they send their best pass rusher to that side.

I love how the article makes it sound like Bell is a comparable player to Peters - with the potential to be better. On what planet do these people live?

The only one in the article who seems to think that is Bell:

"I know what they brought me here to do," Bell said. "He is a five-time Pro Bowler, but I don't think I'll have a problem filling those shoes."

Oooookay.....not the way I'd introduce myself

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2012/05/24/3969174/bell-thinks-he-can-do-well-on.html#storylink=rss#storylink=cpy

:blink:

I don't know about that. Right off the hop they say:

Bell might have been the best free agent still on the market when Jason Peters tore his Achilles' (the first time, in March), but that hardly makes him Peters, who was selected for the last five Pro Bowls, who might have been the best left tackle in football in 2011.