I know I'm getting ahead here, but anyone worried about losing

As a Bills fan I am frothing at the mouth when I think of the potential in this defense for 2012. I cna't help but fantasize about this team going 11-5, with a top 10 defense and the playoffs for the first time in a dozen, and yes I know that I am looking too far down the road with that, even when I start to think of...

...after the season.

I doubt Buffalo would make Wanny the highest paid DC in the League (what would that be, about 4 million?), and I doubt they are going to promise him the HC job, especially when you consider that Gailey and Wannstedt are roughly the same age.

That being said I think teams are going to come at him hard to be a HC and I am not sure how much reason there would be for him to stay if this is potentially his last go around at the top spot.

It is just frustrating as a Bills fan to think of the possiblity of finally putting together a multi-year run, just knowing that you aren't like other franchises that get to keep their good people, at least for a couple of years.

...unless the Bills are so close after 2012 where someone could reasonably think, "yeah, I think we can win the whole thing next year, AND my prospects will be even greater."

Sounds like I am whinning, but really I am still thrilled. This just sort of popped in my head.

GO BILLS!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I don't know, but what I'm worried about are the enhanced expectations the Bills will have to face in 2013 coming off that remarkable and unexpected Super Bowl win.

That will be difficult to deal with.

Count me as one of the guys who is very worried that Wannstedt is not a good DC. Has he evolved? The offenses of today are nothing like what he coached against when he had his most successful run with the Cowboys. Perry Fewell has had great success when given talented players to work with and I would rather have him with the current personnel. I see no chance that this guy becomes a hot HC prospect again. He is a total fail at that job three times over now.

As a Bills fan I am frothing at the mouth when I think of the potential in this defense for 2012. I cna't help but fantasize about this team going 11-5, with a top 10 defense and the playoffs for the first time in a dozen, and yes I know that I am looking too far down the road with that, even when I start to think of...

...after the season.

I doubt Buffalo would make Wanny the highest paid DC in the League (what would that be, about 4 million?), and I doubt they are going to promise him the HC job, especially when you consider that Gailey and Wannstedt are roughly the same age.

That being said I think teams are going to come at him hard to be a HC and I am not sure how much reason there would be for him to stay if this is potentially his last go around at the top spot.

It is just frustrating as a Bills fan to think of the possiblity of finally putting together a multi-year run, just knowing that you aren't like other franchises that get to keep their good people, at least for a couple of years.

...unless the Bills are so close after 2012 where someone could reasonably think, "yeah, I think we can win the whole thing next year, AND my prospects will be even greater."

Sounds like I am whinning, but really I am still thrilled. This just sort of popped in my head.

GO BILLS!

I'm worried that the weather one year from today will be super nice, because if it is I'll be at work and unable to golf, and maybe that was the day I was going to hit a hole in one!!

Correct. Now that you've identified the problem, the next step is having the discipline not to share your irrational concerns with the rest of the world.

I don't know, but what I'm worried about are the enhanced expectations the Bills will have to face in 2013 coming off that remarkable and unexpected Super Bowl win.

That will be difficult to deal with.

I'm a bit worried about the post-2012 offseason for that reason. It will be quite a letdown, emotionally, for me to come off that Super Bowl win and know we're stuck with the last pick in the draft.

...after the season.

GO BILLS!

since when did other markets not lose hot prospects?

OC/DC coaches always leave for HC positions if an offense or defense is successful. The hope is to put in good tertiary coaches underneath the coordinator, so that way when someone like Wanny leaves, you can bring up your position coach to run much of the same schemes if they are still successful.

If/when that backfires, you end up hiring some former OC/DC turned failed HC.

It's a constant circle.

since when did other markets not lose hot prospects?

Bill Belichick, DC - New York Giants 85-90, two non-consecutive SB championships.

Dave Wannstedt, DC - Dallas Cowboys, 89-92.

That's just two.

Although Wanny has doen the job before there aren't necessary man lines that go:

______________, DC - ___________, 1991, the next year, HC at ____________

Absolutely not concerned about losing Dave Wanstach at the end of the season.

I'm absolutely concerned about losing the opener against the J-E-S-T-S this season.

That's where I'm focused right now - the next game that means anything.

LOL, ask a fishfan their thoughts about Wanny as a head coach. He was unemployed when the Bills called. Least of the Bills 2013 worry's is the 'stache leaving for a HC gig.

Like someone else said. I have maybe a little concern if he can even coordinate in the new pass happy league.

Wanny inherited his d-line in the big D. in fact most of the defense was there. Good luck to him this season.

His sit on his hands free ride was revoked the day he took the Bills DC job.

...after the season.

GO BILLS!

Losing coaches is a challenge that any winning program faces. It's easier to replace coaches than it is to replace players. The Bills will press on without Wanny if he leaves..