Eric Moulds talking about his Buffalo days

Eric Moulds recently started a radio show for his alma mater Mississippi State alongside another former Miss. State player, Wayne Madkin and he's quite often talked about Buffalo and his fond memories of the city. On past shows he's always spoken highly of the city, saying it's the most pleasant city to live in during the summer months, how loyal and awesome the fans are, fond memories of the days with Jim Kelly, Doug Flutie, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, etc.

This most recent show I felt the need to post here because he talks more about fans and some things he experienced while in Buffalo, specifically from hateful Dolphin fans (no surprise). Including regularly receiving hate mail, death threats and more. He talks about how sometimes in Miami he couldn't even check-in to the hotel because fans would be working at the hotel and cancel his reservations. They would also call his hotel room or cell phone all throughout the day and night saying all sorts of stuff.

He also talks about Drew Bledsoe and how Bledsoe told Moulds he handled the Tom Brady deal in New England. Definitely worth the listen.

Here's a link to the archived version of the show: http://vspor.to/JxWibX

*Keep in mind this is one of their first few shows so they're still new at this*

Edited by MrJasper

I always liked Eric. He had it tough because he played through a parade of QBs and coordinators for many years.

I think that if you took a poll of former players, you would have far far more that think like Eric and a smaller group that think like Willis McGahee.I was just back in Buffalo last weekend and it was about as nice as weather can be anywhere in the US outside of Maui and San Diego.

I can only imagine what oppossing players face from Buffalo fans. I thinnk these kinds of shenanigans are not limited to Miami or any city really.

I'll def. check it out! It would be interesting if he offered his take on whether he wanted #7 or #11 throwing him the ball during that drama.

Wasn't it pretty clear he was a flutie guy? I was a young fan then but they had some great chemistry if I remember correctly

I always liked Eric. He had it tough because he played through a parade of QBs and coordinators for many years.

If Moulds had played with a quality QB he would have put up monster numbers and been considered one of the best in the league. It's amazing what he was able to do with the pathetic QBing on those Bills teams.

I miss that guy. This team needs new "Dolphin Killers"!

Eric Moulds and Nate Clements always seems to have monster games against the Dolphins. It was a beautiful thing. :blush:

Moulds lives in the Buffalo area, Amherst I think. Or at least he was last year.

I seem to remember somebody posting a link to the real estate listing for his WNY home, within the last year or so. I don't think he resides there any more.

I liked Moulds too, but, I remember his last two seasons or so, he started really pissing me off, on the field, becuse he seemed more pre-occupied with drawing interference calls, and complaining to officials after, than actually trying to catch the ball...I think his head got a little big after the monster year that he, Price and Bledsoe had together in 2002.

I loved Eric as a player. His ex-father in law in Charlotte had some awful things to say about him as a person but putting his private life aside he was solid player for the Bills.

But why would we put any stock in anything his ex father-in-law says?

Don't know either person, don't know the situation, don't know both sides of the story, much less one side of the story.

I remember when the Bills drafted him and there was a story about that he was not a serious player because he had pizzas delivered to Miss State's final practice. To welcome him to the Bills, Thurman had pizzas delivered to the final practice of his first minicamp ran up to Moulds patted him on the helmet and gave him one.

I remember when the Bills drafted him and there was a story about that he was not a serious player because he had pizzas delivered to Miss State's final practice. To welcome him to the Bills, Thurman had pizzas delivered to the final practice of his first minicamp ran up to Moulds patted him on the helmet and gave him one.

What a prankster the thurminator is! Cool!

Eric was a good guy. I agree with the previous post. If he had a real team around him, aka Jim Kelly in his prime along side of Reid, and so on he would have been fantastic. Does anyone remember that Dolphins game where we had a standing ovation when we went from snowing in December to a blizzard. I'll never forget telling mu oldest son when he was little that only Buffalonians will cheer and lose their voice to a snowstorm when the fish are in town. If you guys remember that game where we won, Ricky Williams ran for I think 213 yes, but they still lost.

Moulds had that 40 yd one handed catch on the heavy snow going into end zone. So how would you like him against Stevie now if he was in his prime. I actually feel bad for the guy who had to play on so many mediocre teams with poor management.

Eric was a good guy. I agree with the previous post. If he had a real team around him, aka Jim Kelly in his prime along side of Reid, and so on he would have been fantastic. Does anyone remember that Dolphins game where we had a standing ovation when we went from snowing in December to a blizzard. I'll never forget telling mu oldest son when he was little that only Buffalonians will cheer and lose their voice to a snowstorm when the fish are in town. If you guys remember that game where we won, Ricky Williams ran for I think 213 yes, but they still lost.

Moulds had that 40 yd one handed catch on the heavy snow going into end zone. So how would you like him against Stevie now if he was in his prime. I actually feel bad for the guy who had to play on so many mediocre teams with poor management.

Really???

I was at that game by the way. We got something like 12+ inches of snow DURING the game. It was really a fun time. The Bills and Dolphins were putting on a great show, and we won the game, but the biggest cheers of the day were for Dean Martin, "Let it Snow", during one of the squalls.

But why would we put any stock in anything his ex father-in-law says?

Don't know either person, don't know the situation, don't know both sides of the story, much less one side of the story.

True, there are two sides to every story. I guess these people that are on here calling him a good guy have no idea what they are saying either though. We only know football players for their time on the field and maybe a couple of guest appearances in public. Like I said though, I liked Eric as a player. I would be very cautious before calling him a good guy though after hearing several detailed stories about his character off the field.

True, there are two sides to every story. I guess these people that are on here calling him a good guy have no idea what they are saying either though. We only know football players for their time on the field and maybe a couple of guest appearances in public. Like I said though, I liked Eric as a player. I would be very cautious before calling him a good guy though after hearing several detailed stories about his character off the field.

Fair enough.

this is controversial, but eric moulds was the bills greatest wr ever. jmo :beer:

What??? Better than Andre Reed? Better than James Lofton? I could go on, but you get the idea. Moulds was good, no doubt about it, but the greatest Bills receiver ever? I don't think so. I respect your opinion, but I totally disagree.

Wasn't he arrested a couple of times for harrassment/assault of women - once early in his career and once about a year or two ago?

Actually I believe he was arrested for hunting down people who said unflattering things about him on fan forums.

:)

this is controversial, but eric moulds was the bills greatest wr ever. jmo :beer:

pretty controversial but not that much of a stretch.........Andre Reed #1 Moulds #2 Who knows what type of numbers he could have put up in the Kelly years......Moulds was a rock and I can't hate too much on this statement.