2012 Buffalo Bills: the best team in franchise history?

I was thinking, the 2012 Bills are probably the best team in franchise history...you could say it as the 1965 or 1966 teams, which won AFL cahmpionships, but you have to remember, that was the AFL, not the NFL. And then, you might argue it was one of the four Super Bowl teams, but then, you have to remember that they lost all four Super Bowls, so, they might have only been the 16th (no Carolina and Jacksonville yet) best team in the league in those seasons.

So, with all the players the Bills have added this year, the best available free agent DE in Mario Williams, a name guy at back-up QB in Steve Young, and a nice complimentary pass rusher DE on the other side in Mark Anderson, I feel confident that the 2012 Buffalo Bills are the best team in the history of the franchise. All that, along with keeping the core of last years 6-10 team make me feel like the sky is the limit!!!! Thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, with all the players the Bills have added this year, the best available free agent DE in Mario Williams, a name guy at back-up QB in Steve Young, and a nice complimentary pass rusher DE on the other side in Mark Anderson, I feel confident that the 2012 Buffalo Bills are the best team in the history of the franchise. All that, along with keeping the core of last years 6-10 team make me feel like the sky is the limit!!!! Thoughts?

:D

I love your optimism Buftex, but let's not start counting our chickens here. We definitely don't have a HOF QB, RB or WR on this team. We might not even have one player (Maybe Mario and possibly Dareus in the future) even under consideration for the Hall. Compare this squad to those Super Bowl Teams position by position and you may reconsider your stance. Still....love your optimism.

Sorry, but the 90-94 Bills think you're wrong.

If it wasn't for Home Run Throwback the 1999 Bills probably would have joined that list.

This could be one of the best improved teams, but lets play the season first.

If it wasn't for Home Run Throwback the 1999 Bills probably would have joined that list.

This could be one of the best improved teams, but lets play the season first.

Most improved Team, looks like a solid to me.

I was thinking, the 2012 Bills are probably the best team in franchise history...you could say it as the 1965 or 1966 teams, which won AFL cahmpionships, but you have to remember, that was the AFL, not the NFL. And then, you might argue it was one of the four Super Bowl teams, but then, you have to remember that they lost all four Super Bowls, so, they might have only been the 16th (no Carolina and Jacksonville yet) best team in the league in those seasons.

absolutely