2012 Buffalo Bills: the best team in franchise history?

I was thinking, the 2012 Bills are probably the best team in franchise history...you could say it as the 1965 or 1966 teams, which won AFL cahmpionships, but you have to remember, that was the AFL, not the NFL. And then, you might argue it was one of the four Super Bowl teams, but then, you have to remember that they lost all four Super Bowls, so, they might have only been the 16th (no Carolina and Jacksonville yet) best team in the league in those seasons.

So, with all the players the Bills have added this year, the best available free agent DE in Mario Williams, a name guy at back-up QB in Steve Young, and a nice complimentary pass rusher DE on the other side in Mark Anderson, I feel confident that the 2012 Buffalo Bills are the best team in the history of the franchise. All that, along with keeping the core of last years 6-10 team make me feel like the sky is the limit!!!! Thoughts?

The 2012 team is undefeated. None of those other teams were undefeated.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest part of why I do not reply to threads is because by the time I read every post there is little reason to comment any more on the thread. Others should take this advice.

OMG, you can't be serious, this team hasn't played, the other team was so much better, you are crazy, stay off the drugs.

The biggest part of why I do not reply to threads is because by the time I read every post there is little reason to comment any more on the thread. Others should take this advice.

Doesn't post nonsense, yet posts that Brees wouldn't help the Bills.

and youve criticized my posts??? what do you smoke before posting exactly buftex?

1. we have only a number two receiver whos about half as good as Andre was.

2. we have a QB about half as good as kelly was

3. we do have a good D but do they really much better than Bruce and Bennett with a side of odoms?

4. I agree the running back situation is equal.

5. Left tackle?

Buftex, are you the Vince Young of TBD? All you have to say is Dream Team... Then It's over...

This.

I declare, between the unregenerate pessimists who are sure we can't win with Fitz at the helm and the giddy euphoric optimists, this board is getting a little much lately.

I may take a vacation and come back when training camp opens.

Peeps, please...."show me the baby" first, 'kay? I'm as excited as the next fan about our FA and draft, but let's see what the team is like on the field.

LOL..You can't be serious...

Kelly>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fitz

Reed Lofton >>>>>>>>>>>> SJ and scraps

Thurman/Davis >>>>>>>> FJ Spiller

Hull >>>>>>>>>>> Wood

Wolford >>>>>>>>>> Hairston, Glenn et al

Bruce Smith > Super Mario(hopefully this will be a tie)

Biscuit >>>>>>> Barnett/ Merriman

Need I go on...

Thurman Davis / FJ CJ We can judge in few years could be a draw

I'm really starting to think the moderators need to make everybody take a wonderlic test before the allow people to post here. Anybody with a score less than 10 should be blocked. I'm pretty sure the person who started this thread's score would be less than Frank Gore's.

My thought is I really hope this is sarcasm

Dare I say, worst in TBD history?

Team of the century? (2000 - 2012) I could buy that. But they haven't even played a down of regular season football yet, and compared to some previous Bills teams that others have already mentioned, they still have everything to prove (like a winning record, for starters).

agreed.

and youve criticized my posts??? what do you smoke before posting exactly buftex?

1. we have only a number two receiver whos about half as good as Andre was.

2. we have a QB about half as good as kelly was

3. we do have a good D but do they really much better than Bruce and Bennett with a side of odoms?

4. I agree the running back situation is equal.

5. Left tackle?

This.

I declare, between the unregenerate pessimists who are sure we can't win with Fitz at the helm and the giddy euphoric optimists, this board is getting a little much lately.

I may take a vacation and come back when training camp opens.

Peeps, please...."show me the baby" first, 'kay? I'm as excited as the next fan about our FA and draft, but let's see what the team is like on the field.

I'm really starting to think the moderators need to make everybody take a wonderlic test before the allow people to post here. Anybody with a score less than 10 should be blocked. I'm pretty sure the person who started this thread's score would be less than Frank Gore's.

Wow. Buftex came clean on the ruse in post #27 and yet people are so eager to state their opinions/objections (instead of reading other people's thoughts) that they pull the trigger before reading 27 posts.

Truly amazing how impatient and one-way people are these days.

Sorry to be a jerk but yet again, PLEASE READ THROUGH A TOPIC, ESPECIALLY A VERY SHORT ONE before posting on it.

Are people that impatient? Is it that important that our voices be heard BEFORE we listen to others? C'mon people.

You'll often find that someone has articulated your thoughts much better than you yourself could, thereby making your post completely unnecessary.

I see where people are giving you flack, farmer, so I had to back you up on this. You're completely right, in spite of the attacks against you.

He's obviously trolling. Looks like he's caught a few already.

I don't consider what Buftex did to be trolling.

He was kidding around.

IMO trolling is shyt disturbing, provoking people to become angry, using incendiary tactics to foment emotion and anger… such as what a Cheatriots*** or Jets fan would do when visiting this board.

Buftex has obviously been a devoted, loyal Bills fan from the start and I thought his post was pretty absurd so no, I don't think this is trolling.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

So...you don't think Steve Young is any good? :huh:

Wow. Buftex came clean on the ruse in post #27 and yet people are so eager to state their opinions/objections (instead of reading other people's thoughts) that they pull the trigger before reading 27 posts.

Buftex has obviously been a devoted, loyal Bills fan from the start and I thought his post was pretty absurd so no, I don't think this is trolling.

:thumbsup: Thanks San Jose... normally any thread I start dies after about 4 responses...I was just joshing people...I thought it was pretty obvious...but a joke is never funny when you have to explain it, so I apologize to anyone who thought I was serious. I do love the Bills...

LOL..You can't be serious...

Kelly>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fitz

Reed Lofton >>>>>>>>>>>> SJ and scraps

Thurman/Davis >>>>>>>> FJ Spiller

Hull >>>>>>>>>>> Wood

Wolford >>>>>>>>>> Hairston, Glenn et al

Bruce Smith > Super Mario(hopefully this will be a tie)

Biscuit >>>>>>> Barnett/ Merriman

Need I go on...

Depressing... but true.

So...you don't think Steve Young is any good? :huh:

:thumbsup: Thanks San Jose... normally any thread I start dies after about 4 responses...I was just joshing people...I thought it was pretty obvious...but a joke is never funny when you have to explain it, so I apologize to anyone who thought I was serious. I do love the Bills...

Your history as a poster threw me for a loop. You are on the optimistic side which made your post all the more believable. Well done.

I was thinking, the 2012 Bills are probably the best team in franchise history...you could say it as the 1965 or 1966 teams, which won AFL cahmpionships, but you have to remember, that was the AFL, not the NFL. And then, you might argue it was one of the four Super Bowl teams, but then, you have to remember that they lost all four Super Bowls, so, they might have only been the 16th (no Carolina and Jacksonville yet) best team in the league in those seasons.

So, with all the players the Bills have added this year, the best available free agent DE in Mario Williams, a name guy at back-up QB in Steve Young, and a nice complimentary pass rusher DE on the other side in Mark Anderson, I feel confident that the 2012 Buffalo Bills are the best team in the history of the franchise. All that, along with keeping the core of last years 6-10 team make me feel like the sky is the limit!!!! Thoughts?

Win the AFC in convincing fashion this year and I will share your optimism!