Louise Mandrell

Don Alhart (Rochestarians may know him)

Andy Dick

Lou Gramm

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shook Bobby Kennedy's hand at a rally (I was 10)

stood next to Bob Hope at a local hotel for several minutes, too in awe to speak.

several tables over from Arnold in Vegas once(pre-Governator)

Shook Bruce Springsteen hand outside the CarrierDome.

I got several autographs when I was a kid. George Steinbrenner was one. Some NY Giants players on another occassion; Harry Carson is the only one I remember.

Howard Cosell was at one of my Little League games.

Angela Lansbury sat next to me at a Broadway show.

Met Robert Downey Jr in Bryant Park during the '92 DNC. Dozens of famous peoople at that event but he was the only one I met.

Met Tim Raines and a few Expos in an elevator in San Juan back in the late 80s.

Saw Forest Whitaker in an elevator a few years ago.

Friends spot famous people in NYC all the time but I almost never recognize them on the street, other than Hulk Hogan and Miss Universe (she was wearing her sash).

Im a HUGE Forest Whitaker fan! I would've climbed up the elevator shaft to meet him!

I shook Bobby Kennedy's hand at a rally (I was 10)

stood next to Bob Hope at a local hotel for several minutes, too in awe to speak.

several tables over from Arnold in Vegas once(pre-Governator)

Shook Bruce Springsteen hand outside the CarrierDome.

Short list but very solid

I met Howard Ballard one Saturday circa 1989 when I heard a knock on my SUNY Morrisville dorm room and there stood the largest human being I had ever seen in person. I did not know until that moment that he was my roommate’s uncle. He was picking my roommate up to take him home for the weekend. I spoke to him for a few minutes. He was extremely nice and cool.

I met Mookie Blaylock a few years ago at the strip club my gf used to waitress at. He was a regular there and sort of became friends with my gf. She played this prank on him where she got him to believe that the valet guys were joy-riding with his fancy Mustang. He got all pissed off until he realized it was a joke. He was cool when I met him and even shorter than he looks on tv. (I’m only 5’8” and stood eye to eye with him). He was pretty cool and funny. Shortly after that he got banned from the club for being drunk and beligerent.

When I was a teenager working as a cashier, the DJ Brother Wease came through my line which was clearly labeled CASH ONLY. He insisted on paying with his credit card and was incredibly rude and pushy to everyone. I still can’t hear his voice without thinking “prick!”

Got Alexander Mogilny's autograph at the Summit Park Mall in NF, NY in the early 90s.

Met Seth Green (Buffy, Robot Chicken, etc) at CES this past January.

Saw Alex Rodriguez when he played in Appleton, WI (single-A ball). Didn't meet him, but he was about 5-10' from me. Saw him play two games - he sucked (1 hit, something like 6 strikeouts). Was called up to the Mariners a couple of weeks later and the rest is history... :)

Dan Gable (@ Univ. Iowa.)

A bunch of Univ. Iowa affiliated wrestlers, Brands brothers, etc...

Cael Sanderson (@ Univ. Iowa)

Charles Woodson (junior high - he was in high school nearby in GLL)

Ben Roethlisberger (played against)

Paul Silas (daughter is friends with sister in law)

I worked in the music industry, in some fashion or another, full time, for about 20 years...now just dabble part time. Ironically, when I got a "real" job, it involves making parking arraingements for large events at the University of Texas. Just found out, we are hosting a Vince Young Party in a few weeks...

I won't be a name dropper, cuz I would say I have met hundreds of famous musicians, athletes and film stars over the years..I could never list them all...

Most recent:

Eva Longoria

Kelly Clarkson

Jeb Bush

All-time favorites/highlights:

Keith Richards

Merle Haggard

Pete Townsend

Ray Davies

Emmylou Harris

Willie Nelson

Joe Strummer

Townes Van Zandt

Mick Jones (The Clash)

Jimmy Carter

Bill Clinton

George W Bush (not a fan of his politics, but I got a strong sense that he was a good man)

Laura Bush

Sarah Silverman

Kevin McHale

Dennis Johnson (Celtics)

Patrick Ewing

Barry Manilow

Worst:

Lou Reed (love his music, but not a very pleasent guy...who'd have known? :P )

Chrissie Hynde (see Lou Reed)

Prince

Tony Randle

Dustin Hoffman

Rick Perry

Paul Stanley

Karen Hughes (Bush Jr campaign manager when he was governor of Texas, served in his cabinet while prez)

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Foxiest:

Elle McPherson

Liz Phair

Leah Remini

Minka Kelly

Adrianne Palikci

Eva Mendes

Kelly Willis (country singer...ohh la la)

Sara Evans

I am sure I am leaving a ton out...just some highlights...when I first started meeting lots of famous people, I got pretty excited, and would ask for autographs, as long as other people were asking too...then I just started feeling stupid asking, so I just stopped, unless the meeting was one where the person was promoting a book, or record, and was there to push a product.

Edited by Buftex