Vince Young to address the media at 1pm

Who the hell do you think you are, bashing posters for their views? A pen in your hand is NOT mightier than the sword, scribe. Obviously, your 'insights' don't serve you well because, yes, your cohorts jumped all over VY's Dream Team comment to the point where even the lowly Bills were stoked to measure themselves against the media-hyped Super squad. Every team the Eagles faced brought their A-game. Here's another reality check for you: Young has all but ruined a pro football career through carelessness and belligerence to authority figures. Then he walked out on his team and reportedly -probably by you- tried to commit suicide. Yet another failure on his part. Neither you or I are in his head, so we don't know specifically what his intentions are or where he's 'at'. But we know he considers himself a starter and that, coupled with consistent immaturity, has many Bills fans wary. IMO, giving the 'backup QB' face time with the press is a questionable choice.

Lighten up.

Haha! Bring it dont sing it! I love when condescending posts get torn up.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Young later added these comments:

"We have to play them one day at a time."

"I'm just happy to be here and I hope I can help the club."

"I just want to give it my best shot and the good lord willing everything will work out."

:thumbsup:

settle down, I don't think media attention will influence Chix into a "QB controversy". Now, if VY comes in, and out performs Fitz.... Well that's another story.

Watch what happens in pre-season when VY is lighting it up against number 2s and 3s. Bills fans will be storming the Bastile for a QB change. Led by Jerry Sullivan.

What I wish I could see is every rep at camp and practice. Then I'd know for sure who was looking like the better QB.

GO BILLS!!!

Who the hell do you think you are, bashing posters for their views? A pen in your hand is NOT mightier than the sword, scribe. Obviously, your 'insights' don't serve you well because, yes, your cohorts jumped all over VY's Dream Team comment to the point where even the lowly Bills were stoked to measure themselves against the media-hyped Super squad. Every team the Eagles faced brought their A-game. Here's another reality check for you: Young has all but ruined a pro football career through carelessness and belligerence to authority figures. Then he walked out on his team and reportedly -probably by you- tried to commit suicide. Yet another failure on his part. Neither you or I are in his head, so we don't know specifically what his intentions are or where he's 'at'. But we know he considers himself a starter and that, coupled with consistent immaturity, has many Bills fans wary. IMO, giving the 'backup QB' face time with the press is a questionable choice.

Lighten up.

You do realize you can't hide players from the press- they actually are even mandated to have availability. It's a pretty basic 5 minute chat that occurred. The fact that you address it as questionable is really taking the whole thing too serious.

Lighten up.

Good for you... the media's job is to create controversy number one, not to actually report on what is going on with regards to what happens on the field. I take about as much stock in what the media has to say as I do if it came from a used car salesman. I'll base my opinions on the performance of the car rather than what 'features' are shoved down my throat.

I don't think Chix even care about a media, and fan driven "controversy"

Agreed

Watch what happens in pre-season when VY is lighting it up against number 2s and 3s. Bills fans will be storming the Bastile for a QB change. Led by Jerry Sullivan.

What I wish I could see is every rep at camp and practice. Then I'd know for sure who was looking like the better QB.

GO BILLS!!!

Then all they accomplish is outing themselves as idiots and should not be paid any attention. Gailey is going to do what is best for the team, and he knows better than the fans. I know it's been a while since the Bills have been smarter than the fans, but it's something we're going to have to get used to.

Lighten up.

ugly post. Especially when you generalized " scribes" and decided to assume JW was also guilty of some other "scribes" slight against you..... Or VY? Chix have not made many bad choises yet, and their quick to address them if they do. Lighten up

Edited by JaxBills

There was a big deal about Tebow going to the Jets, so why not some hoopla about VY coming to the Bills? I am guessing, or at least hoping that VY doesn't say "I'm so excited" nearly as much as TEbow did during his presser. Makes you wonder WHO scored lower on the wonderlic??

holy irony batman

I know right. I really have no idea how to take that post. It could be the biggest need for a sarcasm font ever. or it could be some guy who is pisse that a reporter slept with his wife back in the day. Talk about lightening up bro. You need to simmer.

Lighten up.

VY is already dividing this board!!! The locker room is next....CUT HIM NOW!!!

Lighten up.

...Ummm. necessary?

the bills are making Vince Young available to the media, like they do any other acquisition. perhaps, not on the scale of Mario Williams but, they're making him available now that he's town. what's wrong with that?

don't you want to hear what he might have to say about this new chapter of his career, and how he intends to approach it. geez, you'd swear some of the posters in this thread don't understand how this business works. they would prefer that Vince Young be kept under wraps because the media might stir up a controversy, and suggest it's a mistake to have him even speak to the media because well ...

what a bunch of baloney. he's a grown man, accustomed to dealing with the media and i'm sure capable of handling himself. The Bills have signed him, they've said he's going to compete for the backup job. OK, fine. let's see what his thoughts are.

jw

Thanks John

Lost in all this are the endless posters who claim RW is a racist and would never have a black QB. Where are you?

They are the same posters that claim Ralph is really dead, Brandon is proping him up with stick and moving his arms with strings and the team is only weeks away from being moved to Toronto or LA.

Edited by mrags

Lost in all this are the endless posters who claim RW is a racist and would never have a black QB. Where are you?

Just you wait and see if VY gets a contract extension. Ralph never gives black guys contract extensions.