Merriman Update

if he is back to "lights out"... mario is 300+ lbs... kyle returns to pro bowl form... anderson puts up the same #s... dareus gets sophomore love... and gilmore plays like a top ten pick this defense will be a SERIOUS contender for best defense in the league... no joke

:thumbsup::beer:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a successful surgery and hGh Merriman still has a chance to be effective. I wish him well. The man is a warrior.

How about Mario Williams? Or Dareus? Maybe KW could use some HGH, too.

Or does everyone on the team have a chance to be effective without HGH except Merriman?

GO BILLS!!!

Threads like this amuse me. Nobody around here has any idea what Merriman is or isn't able to do, and we won't know for another couple of months. Only a fool would EXPECT "lights out" to return, but it's just as foolish to completely write him off. Bottom line -- if he can be productive, he makes the Bills' defense that much stronger. We should all be rooting for that.

+1

To me, not writing him off represents foolishness.

Can anyone name some players who suffered multiple severe injuries over a series of seasons that returned to become a viable player?

I'm sure there are more but Takeo Spikes comes to mind. He was never the same guy who dominated but he's been a very productive player even after an achilles injury followed by a rotator cuff.

I'm surprised they're moving Carrington to the interior. The dude was a beast DE in the 4-3 in college, he finally gets the switch from the 3-4 and now Buddy says they're moving him inside.

I would let him take the reps as a DE behind Mario, learning from a pro bowler and ready to back him up if he goes down. Merriman played on that side last year, maybe he's penciled in as backup there and it's Kelsay and Anderson on the other side.

On another note, I still can't believe that our 2nd and 3rd round picks from two years ago (troup carrington) are nothing but backups. I like Nix but that's a REALLY big miss unless one of these guys eventually steps up and starts distinguishing themselves on the field.

Then when you throw in Easley Wang Moats Batten and Levi Brown, it starts to look like that whole year hasn't produced us ONE starter except Spiller, who we picked with two other pro bowl type runners on our team.

I hope we get some better production out of our rookies and second year guys. Wow I got off topic there. What was the thread again?,,,,,,

I believe it was operated on because it had been diagnosed as about to finish tearing - it's never a better thing to let something tear completely before repairing it.

No it's not. And surgically repairing it before it does fully tear is far better, and has a far better prognosis, than had it torn.

1337135878[/url]' post='2467700']

I'm surprised they're moving Carrington to the interior. The dude was a beast DE in the 4-3 in college, he finally gets the switch from the 3-4 and now Buddy says they're moving him inside.

I would let him take the reps as a DE behind Mario, learning from a pro bowler and ready to back him up if he goes down. Merriman played on that side last year, maybe he's penciled in as backup there and it's Kelsay and Anderson on the other side.

On another note, I still can't believe that our 2nd and 3rd round picks from two years ago (troup carrington) are nothing but backups. I like Nix but that's a REALLY big miss unless one of these guys eventually steps up and starts distinguishing themselves on the field.

Then when you throw in Easley Wang Moats Batten and Levi Brown, it starts to look like that whole year hasn't produced us ONE starter except Spiller, who we picked with two other pro bowl type runners on our team.

I hope we get some better production out of our rookies and second year guys. Wow I got off topic there. What was the thread again?,,,,,,

I think he was moved because he has a better chance to play inside as a rotational player. IMO, our DEs will be Mario, Anderson, Merriman and Kelsey with moats mixed in on some pass rushing downs. Inside we have kw and Dareus with Johnson , Edwards (eventually cut?) troupe and heard. I tank carrington could be the best of the bunch out of the reserve dts. Just my 2 cents.

I think he was moved because he has a better chance to play inside as a rotational player. IMO, our DEs will be Mario, Anderson, Merriman and Kelsey with moats mixed in on some pass rushing downs. Inside we have kw and Dareus with Johnson , Edwards (eventually cut?) troupe and heard. I tank carrington could be the best of the bunch out of the reserve dts. Just my 2 cents.

You still think Moats makes this team? I don't see it.

That would be the reason why Modrak was given a handshake and pushed towards the door.

there are multiple washed up QBs that came back. Some of them to become comeback player of the year. Priest Holmes, Fred Taylor, Theres more. I'm not dissagreeing with you but it's not exactly impossible.

What does washed up have to do with repeated serious injuries?