Will Hairston Start ?

Owen

I am hoping that Chris Hairston starts at LT and stays there... It would mean in the Bills eyes that they feel he can play the position well enough to let Glenn learn ... This is not to belittle Glenn... Glenn can learn to play all the other OL positions other than Center... With his size and experience playing the OL he can step in to back up anywhere... this could be a great advantage for the Bills... When ever a player steps up his playing ability it will improved those around him... I just hope Chris really improves this year... Go Bills

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping that Chris Hairston starts at LT and stays there... It would mean in the Bills eyes that they feel he can play the position well enough to let Glenn learn ... This is not to belittle Glenn... Glenn can learn to play all the other OL positions other than Center... With his size and experience playing the OL he can step in to back up anywhere... this could be a great advantage for the Bills... When ever a player steps up his playing ability it will improved those around him... I just hope Chris really improves this year... Go Bills

Hairston will start at the top of the depth chart at LT. We'll see if Glenn can give him a run for his money. Nothing is etched in stone.

Hairston was never projected to be a LT

I believe I remember hearing Nix mention, right after the draft, that he planned on Glenn starting at left tackle - that he'd have to earn it - but, that Nix and Gailey considered him 1st round talent, and they didn't draft him to be a backup. So, yeah, in the Bill's eyes, Cordy Glenn is supposed to show enough talent to unseat Hairston, who will either become the backup/swing tackle, or will then move to RT. Either way, with Hairston at RT or with him as swing, that would make our line much, much better. I really believe Nix has the pieces in place for this O-line to be dominant right now - as is, they just need time to gel.

Glenn starts day 1 at LT. Hairston book ends for us and eventually takes over at RT. But I strongly believe that Chan and Nix feel Glenn is their starting LT at this point.

This.

They have all but said it already. Nix said it in that draft video, that we got two starters and a third contributor and maybe starter. I think he means starter day 1, and I would bet that early in training camp Glenn is lining up with the ones and barring injury is starting at LT on opening day. Hopefully Hairston takes over for Pears soon. Pears is decent, and more than adequate and serviceable as is, but we could still use an upgrade, especially in pass blocking. Hairston has more tools and talent than Pears, hopefully he puts it all together.

Sanders, too, has a lot of talent, and it's great that he is the #4 guy on this team. We can give him a year or two to develop. For the first time in a long, long time, I am liking where we are at OT. Glenn has to produce on the field though, and he hasn't done it yet. I think he has a very good chance.

His mediocre play is my point. Only a homer will deny it.

Given that he had no off-season, missed half of training camp and pre-season games with an injury, didn't get starting snaps until Bell went out, and then came back too early from a high ankle sprain, the mediocre play can be excused. He'll battle with Glenn for the starting spot. The best man will win.

I believe I remember hearing Nix mention, right after the draft, that he planned on Glenn starting at left tackle - that he'd have to earn it - but, that Nix and Gailey considered him 1st round talent, and they didn't draft him to be a backup. So, yeah, in the Bill's eyes, Cordy Glenn is supposed to show enough talent to unseat Hairston, who will either become the backup/swing tackle, or will then move to RT. Either way, with Hairston at RT or with him as swing, that would make our line much, much better. I really believe Nix has the pieces in place for this O-line to be dominant right now - as is, they just need time to gel.

Yeah, I remember Nix or Gailey talking like this. I expect Glenn to start at LT.

Given that he had no off-season, missed half of training camp and pre-season games with an injury, didn't get starting snaps until Bell went out, and then came back too early from a high ankle sprain, the mediocre play can be excused. He'll battle with Glenn for the starting spot. The best man will win.

and he was a rookie.

In the end Hairston will not be a starting LT. He would be a decent if not good RT. I usually don't talk like this. This one I am sure of. Kind of like what the Bills GM thinks too. No, I don't have the link.

and he was a rookie.

Yep.

In the end Hairston will not be a starting LT. He would be a decent if not good RT. I usually don't talk like this. This one I am sure of. Kind of like what the Bills GM thinks too. No, I don't have the link.

Considering they drafted Glenn with the purpose of making him the LT, true he most likely won't be the starting LT. But he'd make top-notch RT, which is where he'll likely end up, if Glenn pans-out.

Neither was Jason Peters.

PTR

Typical of your attacks that You Make no sense since Jason Peters wasn't even a tackle. You know it I know know it. So shall we play who became great playing a position they learned in the pros? There hundreds if not thousands of them, that over the years have made it in sports, playing a new position.

Do you post nonsensical dribble just to be the franchise #1 homer. Good news! You WIN! The recent post reminding everyone you posted some krap first makes you the hands down 2012 early winner.

So now I ask Mrs. Hariston "what's your point"?

Flame Away!

I predict that Hairston pushes Pears out of that RT spot and never looks back......Hairston is an "OK" left tackle...he could legit be a pro bowler on the right tackle side......

Glenn is your opening day starter

Not to hijack the thread.....but I am really interested to see what happens with Ziebries Sanders......who I think fits perfectly as the swing OT. Im not sure where all this leaves Pears.

One thing is for sure...I feel MUCH better about our OT situation then I have in a long long time. Glenn is a fricken STUD