Will Hairston Start ?

Owen

I am hoping that Chris Hairston starts at LT and stays there... It would mean in the Bills eyes that they feel he can play the position well enough to let Glenn learn ... This is not to belittle Glenn... Glenn can learn to play all the other OL positions other than Center... With his size and experience playing the OL he can step in to back up anywhere... this could be a great advantage for the Bills... When ever a player steps up his playing ability it will improved those around him... I just hope Chris really improves this year... Go Bills

Judging from what Nix and the scouts said about him, and where he was drafted, they definitely want Glenn to earn the LT job. I like Hairston, and think he could do ok for us, but Glenn I think has a better chance to be elite.

Glenn would have to earn it, but either way I think the Bills have to feel ok about their LT position. Sanders gives them good depth as well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy seems to be patient bringing the rookies into starting roles, allowing them some time to develop as backups. I predict that Hairston will start in week 1, but Glenn will take over 3-4 games into the season.

To offer the first rebuttal to my post, I'm not sure if the patience that I saw in the last two years was because the 2010 draft class wasn't outstanding and the 2011 offseason was reduced, slowing the progress of the rookie class.

Isn't it great discussing position battles where we have more than one reasonable option. Like Chan says, we want competition at every position.