Braylon Edwards- Available

I think the Bills have some pretty good WRs now on the team with good chemistry...

I hope the Bills do not bring in someone new with past problems... Lets go with what we now have...

We have good depth because Fitzpatrick can spread the ball around and Gailey is a damn good play caller...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What production issues? His career stats are superior to a donte stallworh, for example, (convicted of vehicular manslaughter, suspended for a year). However no health issues and now a patriot. Moss was a invisible last time he played over a year ago. Probably the most troubled higher profile WR of his era. But now healthy and employed.

well, as referenced, its been several years since that best year. if you pull out that single season, its a rather unimpressive resume. randy moss had a decade of huge success.

if our standard is simply just getting signed, stallworth may be a talking point....

he has issues with alcohol that have followed him consistently, he has had issues with fighting that likely go hand in hand with the alcohol. he has had issues with his posse causing trouble as recently as the last year. he has had issues with focus, consistency, and other key attributes throughout his career on the field.

the consistent isnt his huge production, its his underwhelming production coupled with headaches.

Look around the league. Plenty of guys with " character issues" have jobs. braylons had some very big years and plax, his replacement on the jets, was no where as effective. My guess is his injury is a lot worse than is being publicly presented.

Not really; he's had kind of a Lee Evanish career. One big year early in his career but for the most part a guy who catches around 50 balls a year.

That production isn't worth it for a guy who still thinks he's special and wants to be treated accordingly.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I think Derek Hagan is going to start until Marcus Easley is ready. If he can stay healthy, he's the #2.

Let's put it this way. If I had to pick a #2 not including Easley it would be Hagan. He has good speed and he was the 3rd best receiver on the team last year imo. I think it comes down between Hagan and Easley for #2. Graham is way too raw. He'll be the 4th receiver and 3rd receiver in certain packages.

We still do not have a true number two wide reciever. The drafting of Graham was a start, but we need another accomplished player. I think we should bring in Braylon Edwards, he is still on the market and was a star in the league not too long ago. He does have a history of off the field issues but his size could be crutial for our redzone offense. What do you guys think?

When exactly was he a star in the league?

He had one good year playing in an offense that had a fluke good year always playing from behind

I agree Bills need another WR but not this clown

Edited by Max997

Guys - upside if your looking at retreads is Plaxico. He did not have a full off season last year, and had two years to get his knee healed up. The Jets are a debacle right now, and I don't look at him not resigning as a negative.

Every flippin analyst on the planet but us, wanted a tall WR when we already had Nelson, Easley, and Chandler. We picked up TJ for speed. If your going to go league low in terms of comp, and that would be the only deal worth it, or very low with lots of incentives is a Plax deal.

Remember what he did in Pittsburgh, and NYG. I don't think he's done for one reason. He has to need money after two years in jail with the loss of endorsements, and none coming lately. If he was cheap, I'd bring him into camp.

Call me crazy, but i'm actually okay with our WR's.

I like Stevie and I like Nelson in the slot. I think T.J. Graham and a FINALLY healthy (knock on wood) Marcus Easley will battle it out for the #2 WR spot. I feel pretty confidently that whomever comes out on top in that competition will be a real talent. I don't think both will flop in their first year.

Beyond that, I really liked what Derek Hagan brought to the table in a short period of time with us last season. I was glad to see he'll be coming back to camp. David Clowney is kind of in a "do or die" situation with us this season. He's got the experience and seems to be really dedicated to making the squad. I'm pulling for him and he does have good speed, which will help him in his quest. Brad Smith and C.J. Spiller are also two players we can line up at WR and both have proven to be able to make plays.

I'm down on Donald Jones and Ruvell Martin, however. Martin is decent on Special Teams, but he's dreadful as a receiver. I'd rather see Naaman Roosevelt and Kamar Aiken return than them.

Long story short, I think we're good. If someone really special gets released for some odd reason, that'd be one thing. But an aging, bouncing around the league Braylon Edwards? I don't think he's a fit.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Guys - upside if your looking at retreads is Plaxico. He did not have a full off season last year, and had two years to get his knee healed up. The Jets are a debacle right now, and I don't look at him not resigning as a negative.

Every flippin analyst on the planet but us, wanted a tall WR when we already had Nelson, Easley, and Chandler. We picked up TJ for speed. If your going to go league low in terms of comp, and that would be the only deal worth it, or very low with lots of incentives is a Plax deal.

Remember what he did in Pittsburgh, and NYG. I don't think he's done for one reason. He has to need money after two years in jail with the loss of endorsements, and none coming lately. If he was cheap, I'd bring him into camp.

Plax is a truck, not fast and not a good route runner. His speciality is red zone, like another TE. And he's quite good at it but nonetheless limited.

Braylon was the more complete player and he's a lot younger. Again the question is one of health. I don't see plax having any role in gaileys system, Braylon health permitting could.