Braylon Edwards- Available

We still do not have a true number two wide reciever. The drafting of Graham was a start, but we need another accomplished player. I think we should bring in Braylon Edwards, he is still on the market and was a star in the league not too long ago. He does have a history of off the field issues but his size could be crutial for our redzone offense. What do you guys think?

Edited by Ba Ba Ba Buffalo Bills

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards is a douche who has had one really good season in the NFL. He thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. The fact the 49ers think Moss is a better option at this point says alot.

I agree that he isn't the greatest character guy. But you cannot deny the man has got loads of talent and I guarantee he would be very succesful in our Gailey passing offense. In San Fran and NYJ he was playing for offenses that were focused on the run soley. In Buffalo he would be much more productive. Lets be honest here, we have many under the radar guys that have shown some success in Chan's offense. Stevie and hopefully Graham are the only two wideouts on the roster with actual NFL talent. Adding a guy like Braylon would only make our offense more dynamic.

Burress still out there?

Yeah he is out there as well

Edwards is a douche who has had one really good season in the NFL. He thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. The fact the 49ers think Moss is a better option at this point says alot.

I wouldn't have wrote such a kind review. There's a reason he is still out there. Also, there is a reason this exact thread was discussed months ago. he sucks.

I'd take him I'd this was 4 or 5 years ago....at this point in his career he is not a better option than our second and third year receivers...

Let this joke go back to the jets so Gilmore can eat him up twice next year.

I agree that he isn't the greatest character guy. But you cannot deny the man has got loads of talent and I guarantee he would be very succesful in our Gailey passing offense. In San Fran and NYJ he was playing for offenses that were focused on the run soley. In Buffalo he would be much more productive. Lets be honest here, we have many under the radar guys that have shown some success in Chan's offense. Stevie and hopefully Graham are the only two wideouts on the roster with actual NFL talent. Adding a guy like Braylon would only make our offense more dynamic.

the niners, a team DESPERATE for receiver help cut him going into the playoffs.

hes been arrested and had several off field issues with alcohol.

hes been worse in the locker room than in the bars.

and his hands are worse than either of those two things.

plus, you know, hes not healthy.

Yeah he is out there as well

Edited by NoSaint

Look around the league. Plenty of guys with " character issues" have jobs. braylons had some very big years and plax, his replacement on the jets, was no where as effective. My guess is his injury is a lot worse than is being publicly presented.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

He sucks. I'd rather stick with the guys we have. No to Braylon Edwards, likely the worst runner in football last year for SF. He was cut when they didn't have anyone to replace him with. That shows how bad he is. Harbaugh would rather have Brett Swaim than edwards.

He sucks. I'd rather stick with the guys we have. No to Braylon Edwards, likely the worst runner in football last year for SF. He was cut when they didn't have anyone to replace him with. That shows how bad he is. Harbaugh would rather have Brett Swaim than edwards.

IN THE PLAYOFFS NO LESS. they didnt even really have time to try anyone out at that point. they went with essentially a street free agent or practice squad guy on short notice over keeping a guy that had been in the system all year for the most important games possible.

Look around the league. Plenty of guys with " character issues" have jobs. braylons had some very big years and plax, his replacement on the jets, was no where as effective. My guess is his injury is a lot worse than is being publicly presented.

but not a lot of guys with character issues AND production issues. plus, as you reference, the injury on a guy that i cant imagine takes immaculate care of himself.

What production issues? His career stats are superior to a donte stallworh, for example, (convicted of vehicular manslaughter, suspended for a year). However no health issues and now a patriot. Moss was a invisible last time he played over a year ago. Probably the most troubled higher profile WR of his era. But now healthy and employed.

What production issues? His career stats are superior to a donte stallworh, for example, (convicted of vehicular manslaughter, suspended for a year). However no health issues and now a patriot. Moss was a invisible last time he played over a year ago. Probably the most troubled higher profile WR of his era. But now healthy and employed.

Guy has had 1 season over 1000 yards and 4 total over 800. He had 181 yards last season and 15 catches. Me thinks he's done

We still do not have a true number two wide reciever. The drafting of Graham was a start, but we need another accomplished player. I think we should bring in Braylon Edwards, he is still on the market and was a star in the league not too long ago. He does have a history of off the field issues but his size could be crutial for our redzone offense. What do you guys think?

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I think Derek Hagan is going to start until Marcus Easley is ready. If he can stay healthy, he's the #2.