THE BAD NEWS about FRED from Bull and Schlep

Ok ... I listened to the news conference and then my stomach started churning because BULL and SCHLEP were the ones who came on the air. And, then I had to hear "the bad news" element of their report.

The bad news element was plain foolishness just the two of them always searching for a list to go over rather than talking football with evidence that they know what's going on with the Bills or any other sports.

Just who gave these guys their jobs? They decided to try to make themselves more important that the story.

Alright need to turn them off because now they are getting into Spiller's role proving that they don't understand football ("the ratio").

Final note ... WAY TO GO BUDDY!!! You kept your word ... the BILLS are on the move!

So what was the bad news? I'm listening and I didn't hear anything bad. Did you just make that up?

First they said the good news is that <listed all the positives of FJax> and then they said the bad news part is .... that they cannot think of anything negative to say about FJax or the extension. Or how they cannot imagine any BIlls fan not liking this deal.

Kinda lame ...

First they said the good news is that <listed all the positives of FJax> and then they said the bad news part is .... that they cannot think of anything negative to say about FJax or the extension. Or how they cannot imagine any BIlls fan not liking this deal.

Kinda lame ...

Exactly right. They did say "good news, bad news" - but they were just being cute. They meant that the bad news was that there was nothing much to say about this other than "Good job" - no room for debate, nothing to get the phones boiling, etc.

For all the griping that folks to about WGR55, and I know it isn't perfect, I think they have really stepped up to the plate in covering the Bills, since obtaining the rights to their games. I also think Schoop, who takes the most ****, is probably just a little too smart for his own good...he has a very personal take on most things, and sometimes, I think it just takes him too long to make his point, so people write him off as being an a-hole. I don't mind him at all...

I've seen a few people on twitter (or maybe same person re-tweeted) saying this is horrible for CJ and they'd like to see him go to a team that wants him....Huh?

If I could stomach opening up the GR vault to listen again I'd provide the direct quote but it was there ... and related to not knowing what to do with Spiller.

This 'rant' was just a reflection that there are so many better potential hosts for a sports radio show's afternoon drive time than these two. Their knowledge and discussion points fit better on the midnight shift ...

Exactly right. They did say "good news, bad news" - but they were just being cute. They meant that the bad news was that there was nothing much to say about this other than "Good job" - no room for debate, nothing to get the phones boiling, etc.

This was obviously way over the head of some people. I guess when you can't complain about the Bills, complain about people on radio talking about the Bills!

For all the griping that folks to about WGR55, and I know it isn't perfect, I think they have really stepped up to the plate in covering the Bills, since obtaining the rights to their games. I also think Schoop, who takes the most ****, is probably just a little too smart for his own good...he has a very personal take on most things, and sometimes, I think it just takes him too long to make his point, so people write him off as being an a-hole. I don't mind him at all...

I don't know man. Schoop just sucks. He admits that he doesn't like football in Buffalo. Seriously, why is he even here? He needs to go a city without a NFL team and then he can talked about tennis and card collecting like he wants. And Bulldog is ok but he really doesn't add much and is easily replacable. I've been all over the country and no city with 2 pro sports teams has such minor league prime time hosts.

I think the Buffalo News is great at covering the Bills. WGR has also stepped up with Joe B and Coach Sal. I also enjoy the morning show. But Schoop and the Bulldog should be replaced. They are a joke.

If I could stomach opening up the GR vault to listen again I'd provide the direct quote but it was there ... and related to not knowing what to do with Spiller.

This 'rant' was just a reflection that there are so many better potential hosts for a sports radio show's afternoon drive time than these two. Their knowledge and discussion points fit better on the midnight shift ...

No. It had NOTHING to do with Spiller. He was only joking about the fact that there would be nothing to debate, that there would be no one complaining and that perhaps about the ONLY thing SOME poeple might be want to complain about is the Spiller pick (a previous cause for debate)because we now have Jackson extended.

It was a joke dude. Lighten up Frances!

I don't know man. Schoop just sucks. He admits that he doesn't like football in Buffalo. Seriously, why is he even here? He needs to go a city without a NFL team and then he can talked about tennis and card collecting like he wants. And Bulldog is ok but he really doesn't add much and is easily replacable. I've been all over the country and no city with 2 pro sports teams has such minor league prime time hosts.

I think the Buffalo News is great at covering the Bills. WGR has also stepped up with Joe B and Coach Sal. I also enjoy the morning show. But Schoop and the Bulldog should be replaced. They are a joke.

Schoop can be short-tempered at times, maybe impatient is the right word, but this whole thing about him not liking football in Buffalo is way overblown. He is admittedly a bigger hockey fan than a football fan. So what? That doesn't disqualify him as a Sports-talk radio guy. In fact, if anything, it might make him a bit more objective when it comes to the Bills, which can be a good thing.

I don't listen to them that much, and admittedly, some of the stuff they do is kind of lame. But I think Schoop is pretty smart and I actually like it when he gets edgy with people when they rant and say very little that is coherent or intelligent. Filling 4 hours and sometimes more in a town without the NBA and MLB can be tough. That's what led Mike to say that the bad news about extending Freddy is it was a no-brainer high-five moment and that they came on early with nothing to get the phones ringing.