53 man roster

These are all pretty close to what it will be. There will be some difficult cuts this year. CB, DT, WR & LB are going to be tough. I feel bad for players like Carrington & Moats who we drafted to play in the 34. They may get bit with the change back to the 43.

I Like McIntyre, but idk if we will have a fullback or not.

Jasper is a G for us either him or Asper go to the PS...

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all pretty close to what it will be. There will be some difficult cuts this year. CB, DT, WR & LB are going to be tough. I feel bad for players like Carrington & Moats who we drafted to play in the 34. They may get bit with the change back to the 43.

Mcintyre stays just because he is really really important on special teams.

McIntyre is to this team what Mark Pike was in the 90's. Pike wasn't an LB and McIntyre, thus far, is not a FB.

McIntyre is to this team what Mark Pike was in the 90's. Pike wasn't an LB and McIntyre, thus far, is not a FB.

That is the only way I see us keeping him. When push comes to shove for roster spots at CB, LB, OL, DL - he might be the one that gets squeezed.

I like him and would love to keep him...I just see him on the fringe right now and ST is what very well could save him...

That is the only way I see us keeping him. When push comes to shove for roster spots at CB, LB, OL, DL - he might be the one that gets squeezed.

I like him and would love to keep him...I just see him on the fringe right now and ST is what very well could save him...

It is pretty much a lock they keep him. If they cut him, it will be a surprise cut

It is pretty much a lock they keep him. If they cut him, it will be a surprise cut

I agree it will be a surprise cut, the more I think about it he might still be around this season. I think as our OL develops his role on offense will be reduced. He was necessary since we needed help blocking, but once our OL comes into its own I could see a lot of 3 WR & 2 back sets with FJ & CJ.

It is his ST play from here on out that will keep a spot on our roster for him....

As of 4-28-12, here is our best 53 man roster:

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

RB (3): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Tashard Choice

FB (1): Corey McIntyre

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan, Marcus Easley

TE (1): Scott Chandler (David Nelson)

OT (4): Chris Hairston, Erik Pears, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik, Mark Asper

OC (2): Eric Wood, Colin Brown

--

DE (4): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, (Arthur Moats)

DT (5): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Carrington

OLB (3): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham,(Bryan Scott)

ILB (3): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder, Chris White

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence, Leodis McKelvin, Ron Brooks,

S (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Bryan Scott, Da'Norris Searcy (Ron Brooks)

--

ST (3): Rian Lindell, Brian Moorman, Garrison Sanborn

Important Notes:

1. This team is pretty darn good as is. There is a lot more depth this year when compared to last year.

2. Ideally, we need a better backup QB to replace Thigpen. If Fitz goes down we'll be in trouble.

2. Ideally, we could use another proven TE. Visante Shiancoe and Bo Scaife are both available.

3. WR Martin is a stud on ST so he could push his way onto the roster ahead of one of the WRs.

4. A. Moats is a pretty good pass rusher in obvious passing situations. He makes the team for that reason.

5. We're a little thin a LB with only six. B. Scott doubles as a safety and cover LB so he makes seven. However, it might be wise to replace C. White with a vet LB. How about somebody like James Farrior??

6. I love what the Bills did to bolster their O-line, but it might be wise to sign proven LT Marcus McNeil to tutor the young LTs and help keep Fitz healthy for one year.

Here would be our roster with a few proposed, realistic changes:

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Colt McCoy, Brad Smith

RB (3): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Tashard Choice

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan, Marcus Easley, Martin.

TE (1): Scott Chandler, Visante Shiancoe (David Nelson)

OT (4): Marcus McNeil, Chris Hairston, Erik Pears, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik

--

DE (4): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, (Arthur Moats)

DT (5): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson

OLB (3): Nick Barnett, James Farrior, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham,(Bryan Scott)

ILB (3): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence, Leodis McKelvin, Ron Brooks,

S (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Bryan Scott, Da'Norris Searcy (Ron Brooks)

--

Notes:

I replaced players on the above roster as follows:

1. QB McCoy for Thigpen. Word is that McCoy may be traded.

2. LT McNeil for Asper. Proven vet LT needed more than rookie backup OG.

3. WR Martin for D. Jones. Martin needed for ST. I like Hagan better than D. Jones.

4. LB Farrior for C. White. Proven vet LB could help show the way for the younger LBs.

4. TE Shiancoe for Carrington. I don't like cutting Carrington, but the Bills need a second TE more than they need a sixth DT.

Your thoughts??

I don't like farrior as a 4-3 OLB. The rest looks ok, but in doubt we let go of lee smith. .I wouldn't cut carrington. I'd rather cut Edwards. I pray we can add another Wr to the mix. I'm afraid it'll be another year of fitz homers saying "he has no talent to throw too", if he doesn't succeed. Shiancoe would be a great addition. The draft gave us depth at Lb, Cb and OL. I'm pumped about that. I really hope Bradham and/or carder can develeop into a starter.

Justin Rodgers over Ron Brooks until proven otherwise. He did well last year from my personal observations. I also believe that asper will be put on the practice squad and that Spencer johnson gets cut.

Edited by b stein 22

cut/trade mcgee or florence in favor of rodgers. In no way do we cut brooks, if you watch this kid you will actually fall in love as I did. He could be better then gilmore. Also switch jones for Aiken, cut edwards, switch choice for johnny white and add another lb.

Edited by Billshank Redemption

It goes without saying that this is worth virtually nothing at this point; the draft's not even over. But I needed to sort through all our talent mentally, and writing out was the easiest way to do it.

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

RB (4): Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White, Tashard Choice

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan, Marcus Easley

TE (2): Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin

OT (4): Chris Hairston, Erik Pears, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik, Mark Asper

--

DE (5): Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Robert Eddins

DT (4): Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Kellen Heard

OLB (4): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Nigel Bradham, Bryan Scott

ILB (2): Kelvin Sheppard, Tank Carder

CB (6): Aaron Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence, Ron Brooks, Justin Rogers

S (3): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy

--

Notable Cuts: Danny Batten, Arthur Moats, Leodis McKelvin, Spencer Johnson, Alex Carrington, Dwan Edwards.

----------------------

Somewhat optimistically, this has the first six rounds of draft picks make the team. For the 7th round, UDFAs, and future UFAs and other teams' cuts, I think the biggest opportunities are for a fourth safety (currently unfilled since Scott can play both positions), DL depth (although I think we're likely to shed a lot of veteran this summer, like Edwards, Carrington, Johnson), ILB, and potentially, TE.

Wow congrats!!!! First time in 5 years I have agreed with every spot on the roster. Although I think yu might see Merriman or Kelsey get cut since they are both about 4-5 million $ back-ups.

Edited by Estelle Getty

I can't see Edwards or Johnson even making it to camp. That's 8 million worth of cap savings (8.5 million in cash terms) that is much better spent on extensions/rolled to 2013. Florence is in danger as well if he doesn't have a great camp (3.5 cap saving, 5 million cash).

Pretty good, but I would say

Teams usually keep only 8 or maybe 9 offensive linemen not 10 . They aren't used enough in special teams.

Most teams keep 4 RB/FB. Ixpect the bills to do the same.

Generally teams keep 3 TE. I think the Bills like Lee Smith as their 2nd TE

I would put Scott at Safety and add another LB to the mix.

Wow congrats!!!! First time in 5 years I have agreed with every spot on the roster. Although I think yu might see Merriman or Kelsey get cut since they are both about 4-5 million $ back-ups.

I'd cut Kelsay. But I've learned that no matter who's in charge of the Bills, Chris Kelsay has a roster spot. That said, I'm happier with him as a 4-3 rotational DE than anything else.

Rogers gets cut unless one of the CBs gets hurt.Caussin cut.

The Bills had Rogers starting over McKelvin the second half of the year, including manned up on Welker in the slot v the Pats in that second game. MCKelvin was benched and demoted to 4th CB after the bye. Rogers stays over McKelvin.

They'll keep McKelvin over Rogers because he is a proven athlete.

Proven to suck? Thats about it.

The Bills had Rogers starting over McKelvin the second half of the year, including manned up on Welker in the slot v the Pats in that second game. MCKelvin was benched and demoted to 4th CB after the bye. Rogers stays over McKelvin.

Maybe but I very much doubt it after the Brooks pick. Last week Nix said he expected McKelvin to play well because it is his contract year. Not to mention that he is a stud returner. Rogers is good, too, but we have other KR. Rogers also looked horrible to me when he did play.

So with all these new draft picks and free agents who will make the team? They aren’t going to cut the free agents and they are in love with the draft picks. Something has got to give.

QB – It depends on who they pick up to backup Fitz. Thigpen is on thin ice.

TE – Chandler is a lock, but backup is wide open and weak.

RB- Jackson and Spiller are locked in. Tashard Choice or Johnny White or both?

FB – McIntyre (is he necessary?)

WR- Johnson, TJ Graham, maybe Jones and Nelson and then a lot of question marks

Guards- Levitre, Urbik, Rinehart? and then what?

Tackles- Pears, Hairston, Glenn, Sanders?

Centers- Wood, Brown?, Asper?

Defense ends- Williams, Anderson +6 others (is this the year Kelsay and/or Merriman get cut?)

Tackles- Dareus, Williams, Troup

LB- Barnett, Morrison, Bradham, Sheppard, Carder, Moats?, White?

CB-Gilmore, Williams, Florence, McGee, Brooks, Rogers? McKelvin?

S-Wilson, Searcy, Byrd, Scott

Snapper,punter and kicker - no change

I don't know. Your thoughts?