NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

Interesting first weekend of NBA playoffs...feel bad for the Bulls. Rose out for the playoffs really makes it all that much more inevitable that the Heat are back in the finals...grrrr!

My Celtics got beat by Atlanta..the team I least wanted them to play in the first round...not that they are a great team, but a good team, who just match up very well with Boston. Johnson seems to be one of those guys who can consistantly keep Paul Pierce in check...and please, Boston, how the hell can it be that Rajon Rondo is still the only guy on this roster who can get an offensive rebound? If Rondo is suspended for bumping the ref (he should be, and he will be, just not sure how long...it was a terrible call though!), the Celts likely fall 0-2, unless Avery Bradley has a monster game...he could, but it is not a given. And, likely, no Ray Allen again...we could be cooked...I thought we could win at least a series, maybe two...not feeling so confident now!

The Lakers looked really good...Bynum is kind of immature, but really talented. The Lakers are fortunate that the trigger was never pulled on any of the zillion rumored trades surrounding Bynum over the last two years. If healthy, he might be the best true center in the NBA...that includes you Dwight Howard. I have a begruding respect for the Lakers, or maybe it is a love/hate thing for them, but they are built for playoff basketball...be curious to see what a new head coach can get out of these guys in the playoffs.

Pissed that I gave up on the Clippers game before their 27 pt comeback against Memphis, last night..."Mad Men" was caling, on what looked like a lousy basketball game. I want to like the Clippers more than I do, but maybe this is the year that the Buffalo/Boston/San Diego/Los Angeles Braves/Clippers finally break through!

Kind of flipped back and forth between NFL draft and the Knicks/Heat game on Saturday...I got a feeling the Knicks are going to get swept...but this is one of the rare times I am pulling for them!

Biggest surprise of the weekend, for me, was Magic beating Indiana. I know, it is only one game, but maybe Stan Van isn't such a bad coach after all?

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a big weekend of basketball...while I do root for the Sixers...hate to see what happened to rose(and shumpert) happen to any team, also doesn't bode well for USA Basketball. The Knicks took a dump on saturday, Melo couldn't find his groove, but 'Bron 'Bron is the master flopper and until the refs man up, not much opposing teams can do. Durant is absolutely unreal..he had Marion in his face and still made that shot. I only saw the first half of the Grizzlies/Clippers game(bed called), but i hear it was a HELL of a comeback.

I know a lot of people here cannot stand the NBA, but i find it thoroughly enjoyable. Hopefully the Sixers can take advantage of a decimated Bulls team and move into the second round

I checked the Clips/Grizz score on my phone before I went to bed last night and decided it wasn't worth putting on TV in the bedroom. Oops.. :o

My Sixers have a great opportunity here. They have broken my heart over the 2nd half of the season and yet they are starting to show some signs of life. Everyone says Rose's injury means a gut check for the Bulls. I think it is just as big of a gut check for Philly. They are being given an opportunity and it is up to them whether or not they will take it. Chicago is vulnerable and beatable now, as are the Celtics/Hawks in the next round. Sixers can choose to step up and claw the series out of Chicago's hands, or they can continue their meek slide and fade away.

I checked the Clips/Grizz score on my phone before I went to bed last night and decided it wasn't worth putting on TV in the bedroom. Oops.. :o

My Sixers have a great opportunity here. They have broken my heart over the 2nd half of the season and yet they are starting to show some signs of life. Everyone says Rose's injury means a gut check for the Bulls. I think it is just as big of a gut check for Philly. They are being given an opportunity and it is up to them whether or not they will take it. Chicago is vulnerable and beatable now, as are the Celtics/Hawks in the next round. Sixers can choose to step up and claw the series out of Chicago's hands, or they can continue their meek slide and fade away.

In a twisted sort of way, losing Rose this season is not as much of an impact on team chemistry as it would have been were this to be his first injury. Fact is that the Bulls have been playing without Rose quite a bit this entire season. They should have sufficient fire power even without Rose to get past the sixers. Having said that, they don't have enough to get past teams such as the Heat. So I predict yet another disappointing end to a promising season.

Interesting first weekend of NBA playoffs...feel bad for the Bulls. Rose out for the playoffs really makes it all that much more inevitable that the Heat are back in the finals...grrrr!

My Celtics got beat by Atlanta..the team I least wanted them to play in the first round...not that they are a great team, but a good team, who just match up very well with Boston. Johnson seems to be one of those guys who can consistantly keep Paul Pierce in check...and please, Boston, how the hell can it be that Rajon Rondo is still the only guy on this roster who can get an offensive rebound? If Rondo is suspended for bumping the ref (he should be, and he will be, just not sure how long...it was a terrible call though!), the Celts likely fall 0-2, unless Avery Bradley has a monster game...he could, but it is not a given. And, likely, no Ray Allen again...we could be cooked...I thought we could win at least a series, maybe two...not feeling so confident now!

The Lakers looked really good...Bynum is kind of immature, but really talented. The Lakers are fortunate that the trigger was never pulled on any of the zillion rumored trades surrounding Bynum over the last two years. If healthy, he might be the best true center in the NBA...that includes you Dwight Howard. I have a begruding respect for the Lakers, or maybe it is a love/hate thing for them, but they are built for playoff basketball...be curious to see what a new head coach can get out of these guys in the playoffs.

Pissed that I gave up on the Clippers game before their 27 pt comeback against Memphis, last night..."Mad Men" was caling, on what looked like a lousy basketball game. I want to like the Clippers more than I do, but maybe this is the year that the Buffalo/Boston/San Diego/Los Angeles Braves/Clippers finally break through!

Kind of flipped back and forth between NFL draft and the Knicks/Heat game on Saturday...I got a feeling the Knicks are going to get swept...but this is one of the rare times I am pulling for them!

Biggest surprise of the weekend, for me, was Magic beating Indiana. I know, it is only one game, but maybe Stan Van isn't such a bad coach after all?

I posted the results of this year's playoffs three and a half years ago. You know that.

I can't believe my Magic stole game 1, and are leading at halftime of game 2 minus Dwight.

Let's keep it rolling, magic!

Scratch that......Magic imploding in the second half.

It's still just a matter of weeks since Amare's brother died. As somebody with some rage issues myself, I'll give him a pass on this one.

I would think playing in an offense with Carmelo would be all the pass he needs. I'm surprised this is the first piece of equipment he's murdered since last spring.

Knicks played as well as they can last night but still lost, and Amare punching his hand through glass is not helping matters. The Knicks might get sweep just because Miami is the better team. but I like the way the Knicks played after that blowout. When Miami plays like that can anybody beat them??

The Clippers win was crazy. How they came back I don't how but that was awesome. Kinda like how the Bills came back and won vs Houston . It was awesome.

Sorry but glad Celtics lost . :) Want to see ATL beat they ass. Rondo was dumb to be even that close to the ref. He a baller tho.

As long ass Kobe can continue to be clutch Lakers are a force. Bynum misses some easy shots but if he continues to block shots and Gasol can chip in Lakers can go deep into the playoffs.

Why no love for the Spurs. They ballin right now. I think they are good enough to get to the Finals and dont be surprised if they do. Parker is just as good or better than Rondo and I feel he dont get enough love in the press.

P.S.

Bulls losing Rose to a freak injury just sucks. I love to watch him play. Really a shame. Think this truly opens the door for the Heat and I think they realize it .

Edited by Bufcomments

This is shaping up like last year. All I care about is that the Heat not win the title. Last year, all of a sudden all the teams that looked like they had legit chances to beat the Heat started playing their worst hoops of the year - Celts, etc.

Now, Celts lose game one and Rondo for game two, Rose tears his ACL, and the Heat look invincible again...........Hopefully, another Mavericks comes up to surprise them!

Total gut-check for the Celtics tonight...Ray Allen out with injury, Rondo suspended...Pietrus gets 3 fouls in the first 4 minutes of the game...but there are the old guys, Pierce and Garnett diving for loose balls on the ground...the Hawks thought they were just going to run the old guys out of the gym...but defense prevails...and Avery Bradley is turning into a good little basketball player...not as flashy as Rondo can be, but he might turn out to be just as good...and I know people hate the Celtics, and Paul Pierce...but man, I love watching him play...he has his off nights where he can't hit the broad side of a barn, but he never backs down, and is never afraid to take a shot...and KG is just looking slower and slower, but he still brings it on defense when they need him...they may not go far, but I love this team...crazy as it may sound, I would kill for one more Celtics/Lakers final...I can dream, can't I? I know, Crayonz says this is LeBrons year, but I am still going to watch...and hope! Great win tonight...I promised myself only 3 Newcastles tonight, but number 4 is on the way!

:beer:

Good luck to everyone's teams...my only regret, this time of year, is that the NBA and NHL playoffs interfere with each-other.

Hot damn, what a third quarter that was in Chicago! I didn't like how that game was going. The Sixers let Chicago believe that they could do it without Rose and it was starting to happen. Then the 2nd half began the damn burst. I've never seen so many fast breaks and dunks in one quarter. It was vicious.

Friday night is the chance to break their spirit. Let them hang around and they will circle the wagons.

i was watching the first half and it was just kind of blah...then i switched to the hockey game and watched that until the flyers crapped the bed in the 3rd period...i then switched back to the Sixers game and i had to keep checking to see if it wasn't a replay of a regular season game..they were up by almost 20 points....i have no clue what happened. I missed it all.... :wallbash:

Hot damn, what a third quarter that was in Chicago! I didn't like how that game was going. The Sixers let Chicago believe that they could do it without Rose and it was starting to happen. Then the 2nd half began the damn burst. I've never seen so many fast breaks and dunks in one quarter. It was vicious.

Friday night is the chance to break their spirit. Let them hang around and they will circle the wagons.