RD 3, Pick #69: WR TJ Graham - NC State

SDS

Seriously unless anyone else here has this on their Wikipedia page, I'm going to stick with giving Buddy the benefit of the doubt:

Nix's job with the Chargers was to oversee both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft. Nix was a major reason the Chargers turned around from a losing football team to a rebuilt, winning team. In 2004, three players Nix drafted were selected to the 2005 Pro Bowl. In 2005, six players Nix drafted were selected to the 2006 Pro Bowl. In 2006, eleven players Nix drafted were selected to the 2007 Pro Bowl. In 2007, eight players Nix drafted were selected to the 2008 Pro Bowl.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Says who? You visiting a parallel universe?

What risk is there?

This is not a blue chip prospect. This is not a prospect that is highly coveted.

There are literally dozens of people that are undersized WRs that have some speed.

There is nothing special at all about TJ Graham. There are camp bodies like TJ Graham all over the football world.

If this particular undersized speed receiver wasn't there, there are a dozen identical players behind him.

No reason for the trade up at all.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I read he graded out no higher than a 5th rounder. Mayock had him graded as a 7th rounder. This is a real head scratcher. I'm not saying he's bad, but why trade up? Buddy must have really loved this guy. Maybe he'll tell us.

Doesn't matter where mayock grades him. Have to take him one spot before anyone else and there were rumors he was fast rising with the 3rd mentioned in several write ups.

And I'd have kept the pick and fortified the LB corps(e).

I'm a huge Sean Spence fan. He had a bum shoulder at the combine and had a crap bench. Bottom line is the dude is an unbelievable player with off the chart instincts and speed. Makes a ton of tackle TFLs. Best player at the U in 5 years.

I think eventually at some point this season we will all be stoked to have him on our team. Lot of speed and upside/potential with this kid. He will open things up for Stevie underneath and get himself underneath some aired out 50 yd passes from Fitz for td's once in a while as well. Chan and buddy know exactly why they went and got this guy. We just gotta wait and see.

Doesn't matter where mayock grades him. Have to take him one spot before anyone else and there were rumors he was fast rising with the 3rd mentioned in several write ups.

You say a 3rd, someone else says a 2nd.

No one can find links to any of these rumors.

Do you have one?

Uh...you posted this same crap five minutes ago. And for the record the majority of posters are very happy with the first two picks.

Well then it's a very vocal minority who have thrown a fit about every pick so far.

And you know this how?

There was talk Miami was trying to trade up for a WR and Jax may hv been interested

Buddy obviously felt like he needed to move up to get the guy he wanted and only gave up a freaking 7th round pick

I really don't get what the problem is with that

Doubt it, but I look forward to hearing the explanation. Like maybe the draft is too long anyway.

The only way this works is if Easley or Jones becomes a viable #2. They needed a big fast #2 to stretch the field and be a threat. This is obviously the Roscoe replacement but it doesn't fill the #2 hole.

Obviously they love the guy. But he won't play outside and Nelson is very good in the slot. If Easley comes up then this could be awesome. But we haven't at all filled the need for a #2 WR.

The thing is, after Randle was taken, there really wasn't one left to take that wasn't a huge ?

If Easley, jones or even Hagan can be an outside threat. We'll be fine.

The guy can stretch the field. We have possession and slot guys...

I think this is the answer. They already have a million possession guys, and don't really need another, better one. They were specificially looking to fill a niche (speed) rather than overall polish.