1st round grades by Pete Prisco

A freakin "C"

He's an idiot.

:rolleyes:

http://www.cbssports...l-draft-round-1

Usually I get pissy about this stuff...But I'm so confident Gilmore is going to be a VERY solid Cover Corner for years to come, I could really care less what anyone says about the Pick...I watched this Kid almost every Saturday for 3 years...He's going to be awesome when he gets Coached up just a bit...I love the Pick... B-)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I get pissy about this stuff...But I'm so confident Gilmore is going to be a VERY solid Cover Corner for years to come, I could really care less what anyone says about the Pick...I watched this Kid almost every Saturday for 3 years...He's going to be awesome when he gets Coached up just a bit...I love the Pick... B-)

Nice post and I agree. I live in Florida so I get to see a bunch of their games. Pro Bowl Baby!!

:D

If he would bother to look and see that a T was not selected until #23, he wouyld notice that other teams were not sold on this year's T crop, eirther.

Assuming you knew a T was selected 4th, it's still not meaningful to point that out--not every team needed a T.

JJ, your one sentence argument above nails it, done, end of story.

:thumbsup:

However, if I could add something else to send off to Prisco it would be that one of the Ts (or WRs) we coveat is going to be there in the 2nd.

The WRs may not be there at 41.

Exactly. Say you don't like the pick all you want, but based on what actually happened in this draft, if the Bills had taken an OT it would would have been the same bad grade based on "reaching".

I agree.

Anyway, giving Cleveland a C and F for picking up the best RB in a few years and a QB who will start this year andd easily be an upgrade over McCoy is ridiculous. Stating that RBs don't win SBs is irrelevant. This team had no offense, now they have instant upgrades to go with their "franchise LT".

Another person that seems to think you are supposed to fill all your holes in the first round. But really, with Gilmore, you get a player that fills a need and was pretty much a consensus to go between 7-12. Seems like a B at worst.

The funniest part is if you look at his comments on the Carolina Panthers, he dings them for "what about corner". Well if they had done that as he says, it would have been Gilmore coming off the board one pick ahead of the Bills.... so by Prisco's logic, Gilmore fell to us!

I wonder if his grades are based on his opinion towards whether or not we filled what the media experts deemed our greatest needs. If that is the case, we're screwed, because Buddy goes BPA in the 1st round.

same link as OP

This pick is perplexing. I like the player, but you can tell the Bills are trying to amp up that defense. Why not a tackle?

Even Prisco's quote on why the Bills get a C doesn't make sense here...

So, you like the player, Pete.. but Buffalo is amping up the defense too much..?!?! What the hell are you talking about..? This is criticism?

A tackle? You mean after Kalil? There are 9 more picks to go for the Bills in case you didn't do your homework, Sparky... and a 4th rounder from last year named Chris Hairston.

Based off some of the things I just read in this "senior NFL columnist" draft grade article, I like my chances as a sports writer.

Could care less what Prisco (Prisco?!) thinks. Buddy likes him, Mayock ranked him #8 overall on his board, and Cosell put him at #3 based on film (calling him a Woodson-type player). All of that is good enough for me. I'm not doing cartwheels over the pick but I'm not pissed either. I think it was a dependable/responsible pick.

He is grading us down not because we didn't pick a good player that fit our more pressing needs. But they got a good player at a position that was a need. I give the pick a B+, Gilmore was solid value at a position of somewhat need. If they can get some needs sorted out in the second and other rounds it will be a really nice pick. All the time people here were complaining how bad the corners were then we draft one and its all doom and gloom?

Boy if you thought grading a team's 7 round draft was a complete waste of time, grading after one round brings that to a whole new level.

Let's evaluate the draft in 3 or 4 years, not 3 or 4 hours. It's ridiculous to get worked up over draft grades anyway - positive or negative!

Great to hear, KOK. :thumbsup:

Boy if you thought grading a team's 7 round draft was a complete waste of time, grading after one round brings that to a whole new level.

Dead on!

I swear these guys aren't grading the quality of the pick, they are grading the pick vs their mock draft - as if they know what we need!! We had one of the fewest sacks-against totals in the league last year AND there were no tackles worthy of a pick @ #10. Prisco's bruised ego is obvious.

Um, it said Luke Kuechly.

:unsure:

Yep - and they all had Gilmore off the board when we picked at #10!!