Sources: Bills looking to trade up

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see the Bills looking to trade up to 7 if Kalil falls to that point. But other than a few spots move up I can't see them doing a trade up.

i guess i wouldnt mind moving up to 7 if it didnt cost us a 3rd to do it...maybe one of the 4ths.....i hope they dont move up to 3 like PFT says we are interested in kalil. We would prolly have to give up our 2nd and i just dont think this team can afford to do that this year.

I guess Buddy Nix isn't "telegraphing" the picks anymore. What does the cab driver say?

Bills want to trade up or down for a left tackle:

The source explains that, as Silva pointed out earlier tonight, the Bills would like to move up to get USC left tackle Matt Kalil. In the event they can’t, the Bills want to trade down — since they don’t regard any of the other left tackle prospects as worthy of a top-10 pick.

That’s why the Bills are being linked to safety Mark Barron. Buffalo hopes that someone will want to move up to get Barron at No. 10, so that the Bills can slide down and get a left tackle later. And so someone other than Nix is putting out the word that Barron may be the pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/bills-want-to-trade-up-or-down-for-a-left-tackle/

I think Nix is playing this so smart. Reporters must think he has Draft ADD since he is all over the place but I think Nix has a plan from day one and is just spinning everyone around.

Casserly should know better since Nix has said in the past that he would rarely ever trade up since you have to give up draft picks and he is all about building through the draft

Can we now kill both "sources" threads? They're like matter and anti-matter.

Guaranteed Truth! The Bills Want Kalil and will try to get him. If not They'll Take Barron @ 10. Bank on it!!!

Edited by mattsox

I guess Buddy Nix isn't "telegraphing" the picks anymore. What does the cab driver say?

Not trying to pick on you, but I hope people aren't confusing direct statements that Nix and Gailey make in interviews and press conferences with anonymous rumors such as this one. First, we don't know where Casserly got his info from -- it could easily be the Vikings claiming that they got an offer from the Bills, in order to entice a bigger offer from someone else. Second, regardless of where it came from, it could easily be a lie. There's a big difference between anonymously leaking misinformation to a reporter and lying right to the camera at a press conference.

My recommendation is to ignore everything on Pro Football Talk and stick to verified quotes from Nix and Gailey. Those are ambiguous enough that we can't guarantee who the pick will be, but they give us an idea.

Rumors are also being confirmed now by Buffalo News - per Rotoworld:

A source tells the Buffalo News that the Bills' interest in trading up for USC LT Matt Kalil is "legitimate," and gives the team a "good chance" to secure this year's top offensive tackle.

NFL Network's Charley Casserly reported this first last night, and it has also been confirmed by Profootballtalk.com. In this scenario, the Bills would wait for the Vikings to go on the clock at three to get serious about proposals of compensation. Buffalo is willing to surrender pick Nos. 10 and 41 in order to move up for Kalil. Minnesota may ask for a late-round "sweetener," but this looks like a draft-day deal that has strong potential to happen.

Edited by bourbonboy

We’ve had some calls and there’s been some dialogue with other teams, but most of them are to move up,” said Nix. ”We think that a good playmaker will be there at 10. Unless we get enamored with somebody we’ve got to move to fifth or sixth or seventh to get… I don’t like giving up draft picks.”

this is exactly what the bills should do. Look for elite talent and go get it. We don't need two mediocre prospects. We need a LT. Kalil is the best and only true LT prospect. Make it happen. I would take Kalil over any two prospects we could get with 10 and 41.

The problem is that we will probably have to give up more than just our 1 and 2. I would offer our 1 and 3 along with a 2 and 4 next year.

This is the kind of move that could throw an already excited fanbase into an absolute ticket buying frenzy.

Maddog, all I can picture is a st. bernard frothing at the mouth like cujo because of your passion for kalil. I am warmimg up to the idea of losing our 41 pick to get him, but to trade what u are offering is just crazy talk!....

sure. because a mediocre LB and a less than mediocre WR will help us so much more than a stud LT.

Kuechly is a stud and not too far behing kalil in talent in my opinion. not mediocre in the least bit. there will be a very good player at 41 too. I'd rather see us get Luke and trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up and get Glenn. I guess we will know soon enough what the Bills think of these guys. 8 pm cant get here soon enough

Edited by EastRochBillsfan

Maddog, all I can picture is a st. bernard frothing at the mouth like cujo because of your passion for kalil. I am warmimg up to the idea of losing our 41 pick to get him, but to trade what u are offering is just crazy talk!....

Kuechly is a stud and not too far behing kalil in talent in my opinion. not mediocre in the least bit. there will be a very good player at 41 too. I'd rather see us get Luke and trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up and get Glenn. I guess we will know soon enough what the Bills think of these guys. 8 pm cant get here soon enough

I would be happy with Keuchly and Glenn. That would be great. I like Keuchly. That is who I want if we stay at 10. But nothing I have read about him makes me think he will be great. He seems to be the closest thing to a guarantee at being good and versatile, but Kalil has superstar talent. I would gladly give up whatever it takes to go get him.

I think the Bills have set their price, they will offer 10 and 41 to whomever will take it. So if Kalil slides past Minnesota, then Buddy will be calling Cleveland, TB, St Louis and Jax.

I would be happy with Keuchly and Glenn. That would be great. I like Keuchly. That is who I want if we stay at 10. But nothing I have read about him makes me think he will be great. He seems to be the closest thing to a guarantee at being good and versatile, but Kalil has superstar talent. I would gladly give up whatever it takes to go get him.

I think the Bills have set their price, they will offer 10 and 41 to whomever will take it. So if Kalil slides past Minnesota, then Buddy will be calling Cleveland, TB, St Louis and Jax.

With the new rookie system, its possible that a trade with St. Louis or Tampa or Jax wouldn't cost the Bills their 1st and 2nd... Maybe it gets done with a swap of 1st's and a 3rd and 4th. Or a 1st and 3rd this year with a 3rd next year or something...

According to the old system the #3 choice(Minnesota) is worth 1800, the Bills 1st(10th) and 2nd(41st) would get them to 1790. But again, thats with the old system. I'm hoping he slides past Minnesota, cause if he does I can see him going past cleveland and tampa. St. Lous would possibly draft Kalil so I think Tampa would be the trade.

Our first and 41st pick seems pricy to me now, (Even though I was one of the first here to say that the Bills could snag Kalil months ago. I LOVE Kalil and wouldn't hate it, but anything more than that is too much. I would prefer our 10th and maybe both 4th round picks, or a 3rd and 4th, but there is going to be talent at pick 41 and we do need a WR to add to the roster.

Can't wait until 8PM tonight!

Tim-

Rumors are also being confirmed now by Buffalo News - per Rotoworld:

A source tells the Buffalo News that the Bills' interest in trading up for USC LT Matt Kalil is "legitimate," and gives the team a "good chance" to secure this year's top offensive tackle.

NFL Network's Charley Casserly reported this first last night, and it has also been confirmed by Profootballtalk.com. In this scenario, the Bills would wait for the Vikings to go on the clock at three to get serious about proposals of compensation. Buffalo is willing to surrender pick Nos. 10 and 41 in order to move up for Kalil. Minnesota may ask for a late-round "sweetener," but this looks like a draft-day deal that has strong potential to happen.

I dont know if I like that trade.. if Kalil gets by 3 then I dont mind taking a chance to see him fall all the way to 10. Otherwise, I'm fine with picking Kuechly.

Who are these sources? It's like Source A reports that Source B is reporting X, and Source B reports that Source A is also saying X.

If I've learned anything, it's Buddy Nix says what he does and viceversa. Hasn't he said the Bills weren't going to trade up? (I don't know if I've actually heard him say it, or if I was relying on what someone said here, which is kind of like the above scenario).

Despite what Chris Brown said in his mock, with a No. 10 going for a safety, and this rumor, I say we're already stacked at safety, aren't moving up, and drafting Kuechley (LB) at 10.

Edited by JustinAtlanta