Sources: Bills looking to trade up

I agree. I'm not discounting the work that's been done on him by professionals who live and breath this stuff. But it makes me wonder what they're seeing, frankly.

The very limited sample I saw (two Clemson games) was enough to give me the sense he plays like Tarzan versus Duke, but looks a lot like Jane against better teams...

You make a very good point about the level of competition. This is not an unimportant factor at all and it is always considered. A good example of this is when teams are looking at let's say a Div. II player. He has to have shown total domination at that level to be considered. Again, I have the sense that Keuchly looked like Tarzan enough times against enough good teams over a long enough stretch to satisfy his grade. That's just my guess, though. I am simply not privy to his reports, nor do I have access to his game tapes or other scout's material.

In those games against better teams, was Keuchly the focal point of the opposing team? How did the players surrounding Keuchly, especially his DLmen, play in comparison? Was there any particular area of his game that looked worse more often than the other? In what personnel groups or alignments did he struggle the most?

I just want them to get a player that can play. I don't care who it is, necessarily.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read this news.......

Bills-Bucs Trade? - I reported yesterday that the Bucs and Vikings could complete a draft day trade which would enable the Bucs to move ahead of the Browns for Alabama HB Trent Richardson, and while that deal could still be completed, another potential deal is in the works.

If the Vikings take CB Morris Claiborne at No. 3, and the Browns select HB Trent Richardson at No. 4, the Bucs will want to move down and out of their pick at No. 5, since their top two targets will have already come off the board, which opens the door for an on the clock deal between the Bills and Bucs. The Bills would send the Bucs pick No. 10 in the first round, along with their second round pick No. 41 to move up for USC OT Matt Kalil, the player the Bills covet in the draft. The Bucs would move down to No.10, and still have a good shot at taking Boston College LB Luke Kuechly, a player the Bucs are targeting in the draft. An agreement between the two teams may have already been reached, with the trade being completed on the clock, if Matt Kalil slips to the Bucs pick at No. 5. -Al Fronczak (10:33 a.m. ET)

This would be a great deal for the Bills...In a earlier Bills Forumn I asked readers if they would like the Bills to trade up using their 1st an 2nd pick to obtain Kalil... Most said no a few said yes... Now the deal looks to be real...

The Bills running attack and passing attack would be greatly improved for years with the addition of Kalil..

We can only hope the trade does take place for the long run... Go Bills ...

In those games against better teams, was Keuchly the focal point of the opposing team? How did the players surrounding Keuchly, especially his DLmen, play in comparison? Was there any particular area of his game that looked worse more often than the other? In what personnel groups or alignments did he struggle the most?

I was very disappointing in his underneath pass coverage. He didn't look anything like Mayock's profile of him being the best coverage LB he's seen in many years. He looked a step slow and his man generally caught the ball.

Another thing that stood out is how far behind the LOS he often lined up. By the time he engaged the runner, the guy was 3-4 yards down field. He seemed to get caught up in the trash a lot and didn't make enough downhill plays. That may be a function of the linemen in front of him, but he seemed more like a 'catch' tackler than a hole plugger.

Clemson didn't do anything special in terms of game planning that I could see.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

Eh... There are many ways to win in the NFL. The easiest is having a crapload of pro-bowl type players.

That's what my wish is. A pro-bowl level player at a starting position (no p/k). I'll take him even if he's a safety. Offense or defense, just give me a top 5 position guy.

==========================================================================================================

Although nothing is guaranteed, the chances of getting a pro bowl player are a lot higher if the guy is a blue chip draft choice like (Kalil). Like I said, it's not guaranteed, but a guy like Kalil is a safer bet to be a pro bowler than Rief, Cordy Glenn, Mike Adams, or Jonathan Martin who are in the second tier of offensive linemen. That's a fact confirmed by the study Nix and Bills did about franchise left tackles.

B-) I just received a phone call ... it is a reliable source, can't reveal which of the draftnik's he (or she) has been talking with but this source has reliably stated that they have contacts inside various war rooms ...

There is a shocker in the making ... please remember that this is coming from a reliable source but I can't provide the links, the cell phone number nor the code that was used in passing this information to me but there it was THE CALL and I still am not sure if I like it.

The Bills will be trading for Andrew Luck immediately after the Colts fulfill their promise to Luck to draft him. So in a way this isn't moving up but according to my source the Colts are no longer feeling happy with Luck preferring the interesting options that the number 10 slot is providing this year.

The source I am using has effectively reported the Bills number one picks that last few years following the selections so I have complete confidence in this update.

It's not really a move up but it is bringing us some LUCK that this board all dreamed about last year ... :thumbsup:

====================================================================================================================================

Yeah but I heard they wanted our 7th round pick for Luck. I would never give up a 7th round pick for Andrew Luck. We might get a superstar in the 7th round and Luck may end up being a bust. You never know for sure. They can have Luck and I would keep my 7th round pick, that's where you get your future pro bowlers, the 7th round.

I was very disappointing in his underneath pass coverage. He didn't look anything like Mayock's profile of him being the best coverage LB he's seen in many years. He looked a step slow and his man generally caught the ball.

Another thing that stood out is how far behind the LOS he often lined up. By the time he engaged the runner, the guy was 3-4 yards down field. He seemed to get caught up in the trash a lot and didn't make enough downhill plays. That may be a function of the linemen in front of him, but he seemed more like a 'catch' tackler than a hole plugger.

Clemson didn't do anything special in terms of game planning that I could see.

I dont think you can watch "youtube" highlights from 2 games and make the claims you're making. I watched every BC that Kuechly played in and rarely is he not the best player on the field. I dont know how you can base a draft day decision based purely on 2 game films.

I find it absurd that you dont care about combine results, college production, or interviews. Considering the fact that he is the ACC career leader in tackles, dont you think he must have some good instincts and at least average athletic ability? You act like joe schmoe could walk onto a football field and put up the kind of numbers he did. The results from the combine, paired with interviews will tell you that he is a hard worker who eats, sleeps, and breathes football, that he is willing to put the time in to prepare and take care of himself.

Its fine that you disagree with me on Kuechly, I have no problem with that. I just don't get the logic behind your opinion.

I'm hearing from my inside sources that this is seriously going to happen, and that Minnesota now wants our first two picks plus Ville Leino and Brad Boyes.

They gotta take Jochen Hecht too. Otherwise the Trade is off :doh:

I dont think you can watch "youtube" highlights from 2 games and make the claims you're making.

Every defensive snap from those games is alot different than youtube highlights.

I watched every BC that Kuechly played in and rarely is he not the best player on the field. I dont know how you can base a draft day decision based purely on 2 game films.

Tallest munchkin.. If he struggles with the Big Boys, the NFL is going to be even tougher...

I find it absurd that you dont care about combine results, college production, or interviews.

Mike Mamaula comes to mind. As does Aaron Curry. As does Tim McGarigle...

Considering the fact that he is the ACC career leader in tackles, dont you think he must have some good instincts and at least average athletic ability? You act like joe schmoe could walk onto a football field and put up the kind of numbers he did. The results from the combine, paired with interviews will tell you that he is a hard worker who eats, sleeps, and breathes football, that he is willing to put the time in to prepare and take care of himself.

To paraphrase the late John Butler, I'm sure he's a fine young man...

Its fine that you disagree with me on Kuechly, I have no problem with that. I just don't get the logic behind your opinion.

Same here.

Agree to disagree then, that's what makes TSW a good place to hang out... :beer:

Edited by Lurker