Would You Make This Trade ?

Owen

Let's say OT Matt Kalil falls to the Jacksonville Jaguars at #7..... Just saying

Would you give up your first at #10 and your 2nd #41 in this years draft to get Matt Kalil?

Trade value is close favoring Jacksonville... Bills get one hellva player making the Bills O-line really solid.

No. We need all of our draft picks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting! Very gutsy! If you want to swing for the fence, that is how to do it. I sense the Bills aren't that gutsy! Is the difference between Kalhil and the next best OT equal to the two picks? Doubt it! Crazy things happen on draft day. But usually they don't work out in the Bills favor. What is his name? John McCargo? I can say gun shy in two notes...

Interesting! Very gutsy! If you want to swing for the fence, that is how to do it. I sense the Bills aren't that gutsy! Is the difference between Kalhil and the next best OT equal to the two picks? Doubt it! Crazy things happen on draft day. But usually they don't work out in the Bills favor. What is his name? John McCargo? I can say gun shy in two notes...

The gap would be one pick.

You're saying would we give up #42 for Kalil? Well, it's actually pretty interesting when you look at the players we've selected with roughly that draft spot in the last 10 years:

2011: Aaron Williams (34)

2010: Torell Troup (41)

2009: Jairus Byrd (42)

2008: James Hardy (41)

2007: Paul Posluszny (34)

2006-2004: No picks in that range

2003: Chris Kelsay (48)

2002: Josh Reed (36)

2001: Aaron Schobel (46)

It's actually a decent list to me given how horrible many of the drafts over that time have been. All but Hardy and Troup played significant start minutes for us - and even those two have/did not due to injury.

Still, the idea of having that position filled is awfully tempting. Can't say I'd be disappointed to hear we made that trade.

Yes.

1-Kalil LT for next 12 years

3-Mohamed Sanu WR

4-Tank Carder OLB

4-Justin Bethel CB

5-Orson Charles TE

5-Marquis Maze WR

6-Omar Bolden CB

7-Brett Roy DT

7-Billy Winn DT/DE

I was going to say yes, and then I saw this. Since you, IMO, know the draft better than anyone on this board, I'll now change my answer to "definitely yes."

No way Mularkey helps the Bills

Yeah, I can't see him doing it. Besides, he has a hard enough time helping his own team as it is.

I feel like that new owner in Jax wants something flashy so I'm not convinced he'd take Kalil if he's there.

Edited by biglukes

Let's say OT Matt Kalil falls to the Jacksonville Jaguars at #7..... Just saying

Would you give up your first at #10 and your 2nd #41 in this years draft to get Matt Kalil?

Trade value is close favoring Jacksonville... Bills get one hellva player making the Bills O-line really solid.

Personally I think in the unlikely event that situation occurs the Jags take Kalil. They have a "sensitive" QB to nurture and had a poor OL performance last year.

I may be a minority opinion here though.

Of course you make the trade. He's a legit stud LT in ANY draft who is worth giving up a 2 even if he"only" last 7 years. The beauty of our FA signings means we now have the flexibility to make moves like this. As Buddy noted, there is depth at WR so no need to panic there. We can still nab our OLB with our 3rd and then add a CB with one of our 4s and go BPA for the rest of the draft. Now that I've wasted all this time typing, Kalil ain't dropping that far.

Edited by biggerdaddynj

I would try to get it down to pick 73 and a 5th rounder plus a conditional 4th that could move up to a 3rd next year. But I don't think that gets it done. Hard to say that another team might not do it but I think you have a lot of other options to go with at 10 if they don't take a decent package to move down 3 spots that includes a 3rd rounder and 5th rounder this season along with a pick next season.

Disagree. High motor, low impact 4-3 LB is poor value at #10.

I would agree with you because we should be targeting a game changer at 10. But with NE (gronk, hernandez) NYJ (Keller) in our division, kuechly will be a game changer with his coverage skills, he could really add an asset to our defense. He can play three downs caz as you said he is high motor