instead of endlessly whining about Pats.

There are endless threads on here breaking down every move the Pats make [Why do they always get us after a bye? The NFL is FIXED!!] but four[4] bad loses in OUR DIVISION are ignored.

You people know a hell of a lot more about the AFC east then I do[the Bills are never on TV here] so my question is: Why did we get badly beaten twice by the Jets :sick: and fish :cry: ? And more important, how do we fix it?

Your thoughts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are endless threads on here breaking down every move the Pats make [Why do they always get us after a bye? The NFL is FIXED!!] but four[4] bad loses in OUR DIVISION are ignored.

You people know a hell of a lot more about the AFC east then I do[the Bills are never on TV here] so my question is: Why did we get badly beaten twice by the Jets :sick: and fish :cry: ? And more important, how do we fix it?

Your thoughts

1. Not have our QB have cracked ribs for all 4 of those games?

2. Not have so many injuries by that point in the season?

Look, I don't want to make excuses, but there was clearly a drop-off as we lost guys. The first Jets game was right after the game(Redskins) where Fitz got hurt, and after reviewing those 2 games, now that we know about the injury, it's fairly clear. Not every play, but there was some definite instances where he was floating the ball on throws that the week before were on a line.

We also got killed by the run at Miami, and also lost Freddy, Jones and MgGee before halftime. Not good. Especially not after that Dallas game. Team wasn't right from here on, but IMHO, it all started with the hit on Fitz in the Redskins game.

1. Not have our QB have cracked ribs for all 4 of those games?

2. Not have so many injuries by that point in the season?

Look, I don't want to make excuses, but there was clearly a drop-off as we lost guys. The first Jets game was right after the game(Redskins) where Fitz got hurt, and after reviewing those 2 games, now that we know about the injury, it's fairly clear. Not every play, but there was some definite instances where he was floating the ball on throws that the week before were on a line.

We also got killed by the run at Miami, and also lost Freddy, Jones and MgGee before halftime. Not good. Especially not after that Dallas game. Team wasn't right from here on, but IMHO, it all started with the hit on Fitz in the Redskins game.

So you feel with last years team healthy we beat fins-jets? No other changes? I don't have tape, but as I recall we got CLOBBERED. By two sad sack teams.

What I remember about those games...

Buffalo's defensive line and offensive line was MANHANDLED by both them teams.

We MUST draft big huge physical lineman this draft to take care of this problem. It's something that has been missing with our team for years!

I dont think our D Line will get manhandled this year the Williams/Anderson signings aside we will have #95 back and Dareus should be even better in his second year. Our O line w Wood back is pretty solid except for LT. The jets arent as good as they were and as much as they think Tebow will help them I really feel he's gonna hurt them. For one the guy is not cut out to be a backup. He wants to start (Im not saying he should just that he wants to). Maybe they feel he really will push Sanchez to step up. And maybe he does but even if he does hes bound to have a bad game or two. I know a lot of you live in the NY/NJ area so you know how bad the fans and media can get- they'll be clamoring for Tebow. That will only serve to further divide a team that seems already divided. So regardless of how successful the wildcat thing maybe its the "undertow" that will hurt them. Miami? They have some talent and I don't think Moore is that bad of a QB. But they have holes as well as a new Coach and new systems. While they ultimately maybe better off in the end I think they take steps back from where they were- yes I know they werent great last year but they were pretty much in every game and never quit on Sparano or the interim coach. Also as it was pointed out - David Lee will be helpful in preparing for the wildcat as he brought it to miami and taught Sparano what he knows about it.... I could be completely wrong about all this.....I'm not saying we're gonna sweep both of them but I think we will do a lot better than we did last year....

Your thoughts

We sucked.

I dont think our D Line will get manhandled this year the Williams/Anderson signings aside we will have #95 back and Dareus should be even better in his second year. Our O line w Wood back is pretty solid except for LT. The jets arent as good as they were and as much as they think Tebow will help them I really feel he's gonna hurt them. For one the guy is not cut out to be a backup. He wants to start (Im not saying he should just that he wants to). Maybe they feel he really will push Sanchez to step up. And maybe he does but even if he does hes bound to have a bad game or two. I know a lot of you live in the NY/NJ area so you know how bad the fans and media can get- they'll be clamoring for Tebow. That will only serve to further divide a team that seems already divided. So regardless of how successful the wildcat thing maybe its the "undertow" that will hurt them. Miami? They have some talent and I don't think Moore is that bad of a QB. But they have holes as well as a new Coach and new systems. While they ultimately maybe better off in the end I think they take steps back from where they were- yes I know they werent great last year but they were pretty much in every game and never quit on Sparano or the interim coach. Also as it was pointed out - David Lee will be helpful in preparing for the wildcat as he brought it to miami and taught Sparano what he knows about it.... I could be completely wrong about all this.....I'm not saying we're gonna sweep both of them but I think we will do a lot better than we did last year....

I like it- negatives for jets-fins positives for Bills. I think this Tebow signing will unravel Sanchez-we know how fragile his ego is. And yes I think the Williams/Anderson Bills will be a whole new defense jets-fins have never faced.

Right. The way to move forward is to endlessly complain about bill-a-cheat, and mock Brady's wife. Ignore 4 loses in our division.

It is more fun that way. Especially the mocking Brady and his wife part.

I like it- negatives for jets-fins positives for Bills. I think this Tebow signing will unravel Sanchez-we know how fragile his ego is. And yes I think the Williams/Anderson Bills will be a whole new defense jets-fins have never faced.

Well, Drayton Florence is definitely inside his head.

http://www.jerseyjetsfan.com/2011/11/07/gif-of-mark-sanchez-flinching/

GO BILLS!!!

How to beat Miami

1- Hope that Andy Levitre is not playing center ever again in his NFL career. Horrible would be an understatement. It was bad enough at points last season he was playing LT. At the very least he managed to be adequate. Playing Center he was overmatched and could not snap the ball if his life depended on it.

2. Get a running game. I believe this first miami bills game Fred Jackson was already kinda hurting. It's not even a debate. The Bills offense is at it's best when Fred Jackson is healthy. He's the catalyst. The Bills will go only as far as their run game allows them too. With a productive run game whether it's from Jackson or Spiller or both. It opens up the offense. and doesn't put all the pressure on fitz when other teams know we have to pass.

3. Stop their run game. Granted in the first game Miami didnt need a run game to beat us. Their defense + Buffalos offensive mistakes, and inadequacies where the reason we lost, but the 2nd game the defense got owned by Reggie Bush. Containment. All teams are gonna get some type of yards, just dont let them routinely break off the big play. Also never Let Andy Levitre play center...EVER!!

How to beat the Jets

1. short passing game. A healthy dose of SJ13. Don't be afraid to test Revis Island. SJ has his number, so keep him involved in the offense, it will soften things up to allow the run game to be productive

2. The Jets don't have a great pass rush, but they're creative in their blitz schemes. It makes qb's nervous and it forces mistakes. Keep things simple, throw in a few slants and crossing patterns to confuse them.

3. Spread out their d. The jets play that 3-4. Best way to beat em keep their lb's off the field. It'll open up the running lanes.

4. Get FJ and Spiller involved as receivers out of the backfield. We probably won't get much in the way of a traditional run game vs the jets, but screens and getting them out in space can be effective.

5. Make sure Rian Lindell is healthy. I'm pretty sure a healthy Rian Lindell wouldn't shank a kickoff after we score a td, even if we do get a 15 yard penalty for "Excessive celebrating"

6. Mark Sanchez is going to make mistakes. I'm not gonna even say "pressure him" Simply make Sanchez work for everything. Make him make quick decisions, and have to drive the length of the field. He'll turn it over his fair share of times.

7. The Jets run game at this point is just an afterthought. It might be better under Sparano, but Shonne Green is not a good rb. They'll put in their attempts, but it's still not scary good, like it was when they had Thomas Jones.

How to beat Miami

1- Hope that Andy Levitre is not playing center ever again in his NFL career. Horrible would be an understatement. It was bad enough at points last season he was playing LT. At the very least he managed to be adequate. Playing Center he was overmatched and could not snap the ball if his life depended on it.

2. Get a running game. I believe this first miami bills game Fred Jackson was already kinda hurting. It's not even a debate. The Bills offense is at it's best when Fred Jackson is healthy. He's the catalyst. The Bills will go only as far as their run game allows them too. With a productive run game whether it's from Jackson or Spiller or both. It opens up the offense. and doesn't put all the pressure on fitz when other teams know we have to pass.

3. Stop their run game. Granted in the first game Miami didnt need a run game to beat us. Their defense + Buffalos offensive mistakes, and inadequacies where the reason we lost, but the 2nd game the defense got owned by Reggie Bush. Containment. All teams are gonna get some type of yards, just dont let them routinely break off the big play. Also never Let Andy Levitre play center...EVER!!

How to beat the Jets

1. short passing game. A healthy dose of SJ13. Don't be afraid to test Revis Island. SJ has his number, so keep him involved in the offense, it will soften things up to allow the run game to be productive

2. The Jets don't have a great pass rush, but they're creative in their blitz schemes. It makes qb's nervous and it forces mistakes. Keep things simple, throw in a few slants and crossing patterns to confuse them.

3. Spread out their d. The jets play that 3-4. Best way to beat em keep their lb's off the field. It'll open up the running lanes.

4. Get FJ and Spiller involved as receivers out of the backfield. We probably won't get much in the way of a traditional run game vs the jets, but screens and getting them out in space can be effective.

5. Make sure Rian Lindell is healthy. I'm pretty sure a healthy Rian Lindell wouldn't shank a kickoff after we score a td, even if we do get a 15 yard penalty for "Excessive celebrating"

6. Mark Sanchez is going to make mistakes. I'm not gonna even say "pressure him" Simply make Sanchez work for everything. Make him make quick decisions, and have to drive the length of the field. He'll turn it over his fair share of times.

7. The Jets run game at this point is just an afterthought. It might be better under Sparano, but Shonne Green is not a good rb. They'll put in their attempts, but it's still not scary good, like it was when they had Thomas Jones.

Good post, good comment. Good points.

The Jets beat us with their front four. We lose the game with our o-line. Our o-line can't sustain the time we need to move the ball through the air, especially with the Jets backfield.

Miami beats us by overwhelming us. I worry they will always be a thorn in our side.

Good post, good comment. Good points.

The Jets beat us with their front four. We lose the game with our o-line. Our o-line can't sustain the time we need to move the ball through the air, especially with the Jets backfield.

Miami beats us by overwhelming us. I worry they will always be a thorn in our side.

We were the least sacked team in the league last year, our O line wasn't that bad at pass protection and they were pretty good at run blocking. I think we could split with everyone in our division with a pass rush and faster linebackers that can cover the strong TE's and catch the little backs like Reggie Bush.