instead of endlessly whining about Pats.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats are the best team in the AFC East. The Jets and Dols aren't that good, and the Bills should be able to sweep them this year, given their upgrades over the off-season. Health-willing, of course.

I would really love to see a smackdown put on the Jests. Two years ago I sat right their bench at the Ralph and watched them completely manhandle the Bills. It was very disheartening. The highlight of the game was watching Sanchez throw passes on the sideline while the fans called him "Dirty Sanchez". I think its time the Bills mess up their world really bad!

The Pats are the best team in the AFC East. The Jets and Dols aren't that good, and the Bills should be able to sweep them this year, given their upgrades over the off-season. Health-willing, of course.

Should be? Oh boy. 2 free agents and some collage kid's? I will wait and see. Remember this is largely the same squad that got slamed by NY And fin's.

Should be? Oh boy. 2 free agents and some collage kid's? I will wait and see. Remember this is largely the same squad that got slamed by NY And fin's.

Really? It's "largely the same squad?"

After losing numerous starters to injury as well.

Please tell me you're just bored and decided to start a thread. The Pats* are the NFL's dominant franchise over the past 10-11 years, with three championships. Their coach is fawned over by the national media and is continually praised as a genius. They've beaten the Bills in 21 of their last 23 meetings. They're also "villains" because of Spygate. It is really that difficult to understand why most Bills fans focus on the Pats*?

Obviously, all division games are very important and the Bills need to be able to defeat the Jets and Fish. Is that what you want someone to acknowledge?

Really silly thread.

I'm actually in the same boat, kind of. We really weren't very good last year, overall. But did pretty well the first half of the season. The biggest reason were injuries. BUT, those happen to every team, good teams deal with it.

The biggest problem with our team is questionable depth. Last year when our starting OLB and NT went down, we became weaker on the defensive line, big time. Now we've switched to a different system and added two DEs, which should shore up depth when (not if) injuries happen. As it is, we have 4 guys who can play DE (as long as Merriman can return to 75% of the player he was)which is a big change from last year when we essentially had 2 guys at that position (OLB).

Another area we had issues with last year was at CB, McGee, our starter went down, and we didn't have much behind him. Williams came up ok, but also got injured. Williams should be better this year. Gilmore looks like a day one starter, both have size, and we have McGee and McKelvin to back them up (both I think will perform well in this role, especially against lesser talents). Not only is that situation better, hopefully, but with the better defensive line, opposing QBs should have less time to throw, and we shouldn't need to rush DBs or LBs as often to get pressure, leaving more guys to drop back into coverage.

I'm not overly worried about our offense, outside of the offensive line. I think we picked up a good OT in Glenn, hopefully he'll perform well enough to be starter quality, and the rest of our guys will stay healthy. But if they don't, then we run into the same issues with depth as last year. That being said, I don't think we ever had any problems scoring points or moving the ball. Our WRs, while not Sportscenter stars, got the job done. We have two good RBs, and Chan seems to call plays that work to Fitz's strengths (and lets hope he doesn't have any rib injuries).

We lost games last year because we couldn't stop our opponents, imo. Which forced us to rely too heavily on the passing game. My hope is with our improved defensive line, that things will change dramatically on that side of the ball.

Either way, it's utterly important that we win games against our divisional opponents. Being 1-5 vs the division just won't get it done. We started off 5-2 last year, there's no reason to think we can't get back to that success. But it's important we stay healthy AND when we get injured to have depth players that can step up and perform.

Please tell me you're just bored and decided to start a thread. The Pats* are the NFL's dominant franchise over the past 10-11 years, with three championships. Their coach is fawned over by the national media and is continually praised as a genius. They've beaten the Bills in 21 of their last 23 meetings. They're also "villains" because of Spygate. It is really that difficult to understand why most Bills fans focus on the Pats*?

Obviously, all division games are very important and the Bills need to be able to defeat the Jets and Fish. Is that what you want someone to acknowledge?

Really silly thread.

I don't give a crap if their the Queen of England. 4 L's to garbage Miami and jets teams bother me more. There, I laid the cards on the table. Go after me.

I don't give a crap if their the Queen of England. 4 L's to garbage Miami and jets teams bother me more. There, I laid the cards on the table. Go after me.

Nothing to "go after" -- what bothers you is your own business. Again, it's a fact the Bills need to beat everyone in their division if they want to win it, but it's only natural to look more closely at the team who has owned the division for the last decade.

With respect to last season, the schedule was a bit odd in that there was only one division game in the first seven. By the time the Bills got into the meat of the division games, the injury bug had hit and they were not the same team who beat the Pats* in September.

Tell me whats different? In detail. Adding two FA and some rookies makes a whole new team? Go watch the jets games. The Bills were beat BADLY.

You want details of ways we're better now than at the end of last season? Here's a few:

Dave Wannstedt > George Edwards

4-3 > 3-4

Healthy Kyle Williams as that 4th lineman

Healthy Fitz

Healthy Stevie

Healthy Fred

Healthy Eric Wood

Healthy Rian Lindell (was injured on the 2nd half kickoff of the first Jets game)

So you feel with last years team healthy we beat fins-jets? No other changes? I don't have tape, but as I recall we got CLOBBERED. By two sad sack teams.

The difference between winning and losing and even winning an losing big is not that much in the NFL.

The Bills had a two-part season last year. Before and after the rash of injuries. Unfortunately, five of their six division games were after the injuries hit.

The Bills one division win was the one division game they played before they lost half their team. Wood went down right before the first Jets game and it really showed.

There is no comparison between the Pats* and the Jets or Fish. The Bills are easily better than the latter two - and the Jets look like they've actually gone backwards.

You want details of ways we're better now than at the end of last season? Here's a few:

Dave Wannstedt > George Edwards

4-3 > 3-4

Healthy Kyle Williams as that 4th lineman

Healthy Fitz

Healthy Stevie

Healthy Fred

Healthy Eric Wood

Healthy Rian Lindell (was injured on the 2nd half kickoff of the first Jets game)

What was the Stevie injury?