The Bills first two picks......

Simon

Despite what some may say, I believe that the Bills are in good shape picking at 10 this year. In handling the dire need at DE in free agency, they can now focus on taking a WR, OT, CB or LB -- all positions that could stand an upgrade -- without having to reach. Heck, if they really believe that Tannehill is a potential frnachise QB, they could even go in that direction (in the unlikely event that he is still there). They honestly can take the BPA and still fill a need. What's more, with the flexibility at position, they may even benefit if the unthinkable happens and someone like Blackmon, Claiborne or Kalil falls. Assuming that all of the blue chippers have been snatched up with those first 9 picks, it would be hard to be upset by the selection of any of the guys whose names pop up here all the time Kuechly/Reiff/Floyd/Upshaw/Kirkpatrick/Gilmore. Also, why is no one talking about Kendall Wright? I know he is under the 6-foot mark, but he could be an explosive receiver in the Bills' offense.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#10 - Michael Floyd

#41 - Alshon Jeffery

I am assuming you are asking our opinion if both the above were to happen.

I will be happy with either of the two above happening as we need a WR and the above are presumed to be elite-class WRs. Floyd comes with some past troubles but considering the emphasis the FO places on character, us picking him will imply Nix is comfortable that Floyd has overcome those issues now.

But I will not like the Bills picking both of them with our top two picks because we need immediate help at the tackle spots and probably at one LB spot (in addition to WR ofcourse). While we can pick the other roles lower in the draft, it reduced the possibility that these latter picks will help us immediately. So, in short, while the individual players may be very good, it will be allocating some very valuable draft value to the same position in the same draft and hence, I am not in favor of it.

The Bills are not going to Trade up...They need picks...

And I'd rather have Cordy Glenn than Reiff or Martin...I think Glen is going to end up being the best LT outside of Kalil...I'm not sure Reiff will ever play LT in the NFL...And Martin is possibly a year or two away...Plus...Glenn can give you experienced Depth anywhere along the line... B-)

:thumbsup:

I disagree on Glen. I think he has limited LT experience in college and is projected as an RT or Gaurd prospect by some. In any event most see him as going between 20 and 25 well after Reiff and Martin. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632069

I would LOVE to get Stephen Hill in the 2nd round but he is a sure fire 1st round pick.

While all the MEDIA has their idea of what players are, who knows what OBD or even the other teams value the players for real. With that being said I'm going to say.

1st - Glenn-OT

2nd - One of these guys, depending who is left on the board with the pick Randle/Hill - WR or Robinson-DC

Edited by scurdog1

I disagree on Glen. I think he has limited LT experience in college and is projected as an RT or Gaurd prospect by some. In any event most see him as going between 20 and 25 well after Reiff and Martin. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632069

Glenn started one year at LT and was All-SEC...Coaches and AP...He went up against the best competition in the Country for a year at LT and did pretty well...Plus he was an excellent OG before that...

I really don't care much where others have him because I'm purely going off what I've seen of Glenn, Martin, and Reiff...And my evaluation is based on who I think is going to be the better Pro LT...Nothing else...I feel like Glenn is going to be the better NFL LT...I don't think Reiff is a LT whatsoever...Martin will be in time...But I think Martin is going to struggle a bit, especially early in his career, because he's not a great athlete and he's not a huge guy either...I admit I may be a bit higher on Glenn than some...But he's a massive guy with good feet, good strength, excellent wing-span, and a HUGE upside...He's the type of player Buddy Drafts at OT...He would provide depth everywhere along the O-Line...

Like I've said before...I would rather the Bills NOT take an OT at #10...But if they do, I hope it's Glenn... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Glenn started one year at LT and was All-SEC...Coaches and AP...He went up against the best competition in the Country for a year at LT and did pretty well...Plus he was an excellent OG before that...

I really don't care much where others have him because I'm purely going off what I've seen of Glenn, Martin, and Reiff...And my evaluation is based on who I think is going to be the better Pro LT...Nothing else...I feel like Glenn is going to be the better NFL LT...I don't think Reiff is a LT whatsoever...Martin will be in time...But I think Martin is going to struggle a bit, especially early in his career, because he's not a great athlete and he's not a huge guy either...I admit I may be a bit higher on Glenn than some...But he's a massive guy with good feet, good strength, excellent wing-span, and a HUGE upside...He's the type of player Buddy Drafts at OT...He would provide depth everywhere along the O-Line...

Like I've said before...I would rather the Bills NOT take an OT at #10...But if they do, I hope it's Glenn... B-)

You hit the nail on the head!!!

I would LOVE to get Stephen Hill in the 2nd round but he is a sure fire 1st round pick.

I'm using Nawrocki's draft value chart, which indicates he'll be taken in the early portion (first 10 picks) of the 2nd. It also indicates Glenn will be the 2nd LT off the board.

The Bills are looking for a #2 receiver, not a #1 receiver. It doesn't matter that many on this board think Stevie J. isn't a #1 receiver...he's the guy, and we're looking for a #2. If you pick a WR at #10 and he's the second WR off the board, you're taking him to be your #1 receiver. I don't see the Bills in the market for that player.

Better fits are Randle, Sanu, McNutt, etc. in round 2-4.

As much as I'm not crazy about the pick, I think we're looking at either Reiff or Kuechly.

Agree with Randle, Sani, McNutt in RD2 and Reiff, Glenn, Kuechly in RD1.

Here are our picks in DraftTek's latest mock:

Kuechly LB

Janoris Jenkins CB

Brandon Mosely LT

Reuben Randle WR, Terrell Manning LB

Rhett Ellison TE, Bernard Pierce RB

Ryan Lindley QB

Julian Miller DE, Greg Childs WR

If buddy believes in Glenn's talent enough to pick him at 10 then I'm all for it. Glenn, Jeffrey, osweiler would make me pretty happy.

Two things to remember though

1: buddy has NEVER invested high rd picks in olineman

2: Ralph said way back earlier this off season that he WILL get Fitz more weapons

With that in mind, I have no clue what we will do come draft day

oops, forgot about a dre kirkpatrick or cb type pick with that 10..

I think it's going to be trading down to get Glenn or Kirkpatrick. I would argue approximately 90% of the draft picks from the Chan/Buddy era have been players from the South.....and I would argue that 100% of the players from rounds 1-3 have been from the South: 2010: Spiller (Clemson) Troup (UCF) Carrington (Arkansas St.)...2011: Dareus (Alabama) A. Williams (Texas) Sheppard (LSU)

Point is, Buddy and Chan like guys in the early rounds from the South....that's why I don't think Reiff, Martin, Floyd, or any other Northern/Midwestern/Western players are in play. Now it could be a coincidence, and if the Bills had the number 1 pick, there's no way they wouldn't take Andrew Luck, but I think barring very special circumstances such as an Andrew Luck, Buddy and Chan will be selecting a Southern player.

2: Ralph said way back earlier this off season that he WILL get Fitz more weapons

This is correct. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/12/23/2657384/buffalo-bills-ralph-wilson-ryan-fitzpatrick

Admittedly, reading the sentence it sounds a bit odd, but it is not to be taken lightly imo. Mr. Wilson is certainly of advanced age, but he surely knows what HE wants, and how to make the big bucks.

Right after, and based on these comments, Ramius and I predicted that the Bills will draft a wideout at #10. At the time, I knew nothing of Floyd. I can't speak for Ramius but my prediction stands.

an ideal Bills draft scenario for me would be to trade down 10 spots picking up additional second rounder(pipe dream- every team wants to trade down)- select Cordy Glen in first, and draft Lavonte David and Sanu in second. 3 biggest needs covered and we could go BPA rest of draft

I must respectfully disagree old friend. Last year, Nix said that there were "multiple trade down offers in every round." Andin your scenario (moving down 10 spots), the price tag would be a lot higher than a #2 imo. In 2001, we picked up an extra #2 for moving from 14 to 21, and this was long before then new CBA. Now, there is less financial risk for owners in terms of early picks busting out.

To move back 10 spots, I would want a second round pick, and another in 2013. Perhaps more.

This is correct. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/12/23/2657384/buffalo-bills-ralph-wilson-ryan-fitzpatrick

Admittedly, reading the sentence it sounds a bit odd, but it is not to be taken lightly imo. Mr. Wilson is certainly of advanced age, but he surely knows what HE wants, and how to make the big bucks.

Right after, and based on these comments, Ramius and I predicted that the Bills will draft a wideout at #10. At the time, I knew nothing of Floyd. I can't speak for Ramius but my prediction stands.

I must respectfully disagree old friend. Last year, Nix said that there were "multiple trade down offers in every round." Andin your scenario (moving down 10 spots), the price tag would be a lot higher than a #2 imo. In 2001, we picked up an extra #2 for moving from 14 to 21, and this was long before then new CBA. Now, there is less financial risk for owners in terms of early picks busting out.

To move back 10 spots, I would want a second round pick, and another in 2013. Perhaps more.

Multiple offers to trade down doesn't necessarily mean any good offers to move down. You can put a $1000 sticker on a car for sale, and just because you got multiple offers in the $50 range doesn't mean you should sell.

Edited by Ramius