Nike uniform unveiling discussion

Wayne Cubed

Didn't see this posted yet but Nike has released some of its new apparel for the 2012-2013 season. It came in junction with the pro bowl. Its just the players receiver gloves. The palm side of the gloves have the team logo.

All 32 Teams:

Linky

Nike Facebook Page(close up views of each teams gloves):

Linky 2

Edit: also i think the cleats are done

Linky 3

Enjoy!

Edited by Wayne333

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a tie-in with that, the Carolina Panthers were compelled to release their logo change early, as someone at Nike put out photos of the gloves that featured a changed Panthers logo (tho not the one they released) on a Facebook post.

WaPo: Carolina Panthers unveil ‘more aggressive’ logo as Nike takes over NFL rights

I dunno, but the anime-cartooning of logos is not something I'm looking forward to.

As a tie-in with that, the Carolina Panthers were compelled to release their logo change early, as someone at Nike put out photos of the gloves that featured a changed Panthers logo (tho not the one they released) on a Facebook post.

WaPo: Carolina Panthers unveil ‘more aggressive’ logo as Nike takes over NFL rights

I dunno, but the anime-cartooning of logos is not something I'm looking forward to.

Not sure what you're bitchin' about. The changes the panthers made are barely noticeable. They moved some lines. the cardinals also changed their logo a few years back in a similar manner and no one noticed it.

They need to release the jerseys so china cloners can get to work and get reasonably priced ones to market.

You're touching on a sore subject to me WRT the laxity of TBD enforcing direct links to illegal activity in the area of copyright theft.

Count on the NFL stepping up enforcement, and just bear in mind that many things on this site exist on the good graces of the NFL and the Bills alone.

If you're intent on breaking the law, then so be it. I can't stop you. But don't bring it to this site's living room. There's plenty of other places online to discuss it where they don't care if their site gets shut down.

Edited by UConn James

If the Panthers are going with a more aggressive logo based on their recent season should the Bills go from a charging buffalo to one that's eating grass?

You're touching on a sore subject to me WRT the laxity of TBD enforcing direct links to illegal activity in the area of copyright theft.

Count on the NFL stepping up enforcement, and just bear in mind that many things on this site exist on the good graces of the NFL and the Bills alone.

If you're intent on breaking the law, then so be it. I can't stop you. But don't bring it to this site's living room. There's plenty of other places online to discuss it where they don't care if their site gets shut down.

LMAO! You should get out more! Lol!!!

Its actually not copyright theft. Nor is it piracy. The selling of irregular jerseys overseas falls under the category of grey market. Actual theft of officially licensed materials from the NFL would be Black Market or Piracy or bootlegging. However, sites that provide a consumer with jerseys that are factory irregulars is not illegal. Its no different than going to TJ Maxx or Marshalls and buying a jersey there. The main difference is a quality of the product and the little hologram sticker that the NFL applies once the jerseys manufactured in China pass through customs.

A jersey that falls off the back of a truck an is sold on Ebay is different that factory direct irregulars bought from overseas.

I really like both the cleats and the gloves. Im really hoping for some kind of Nike Combat Jersey to be used as an alternate home jersey. As much as everyone hated those "leaked" photoshop Nike Uniforms from last year, I thought the concept was great. Nike pushed the Uniform foundry this year with the University of Maryland Combat Uni's and as always the weekly University of Oregon Uniforms. Im looking forward to what Nike brings to the table in the coming months.

Counterfeit jerseys made by ten-year-olds in China is a big issue with me, too, but that's not what anyone in this thread linked to, is it?

Puuuuuuulease!!! Are u serious?

Edited by Cookiemonster

LMAO! You should get out more! Lol!!!

lolololololol.

Everybody does it. Who cares if it is stealing mom? Everybody does it. Jimmy's mom and Bobby's mom and Billy's mom let them steal. I think Timmy is a jerk. If he let us use his web site we could steal even faster.

One can have one's Internet site shut down due to discussions about purchasing jerseys from China? Interesting.

Counterfeit jerseys made by ten-year-olds in China is a big issue with me, too, but that's not what anyone in this thread linked to, is it?

There's no link here. Just discussion. There have been threads in the past where Chinese counterfeit seller recommendations and links have been posted. In the thread title, even. Not to mention threads about where to watch games online illegally. I'm just trying to say that TBD needs to watch how it conducts itself. Those words "All accounts, descriptions, and rebroadcasts of this game are exclusive property of the NFL..." aren't there for nothing. It won't matter whether you think it's a freedom of speech issue; the NFL has more $, more lawyers and more politicians than SDS/TBD.

Its actually not copyright theft. Nor is it piracy. The selling of irregular jerseys overseas falls under the category of grey market. Actual theft of officially licensed materials from the NFL would be Black Market or Piracy or bootlegging. However, sites that provide a consumer with jerseys that are factory irregulars is not illegal. Its no different than going to TJ Maxx or Marshalls and buying a jersey there. The main difference is a quality of the product and the little hologram sticker that the NFL applies once the jerseys manufactured in China pass through customs.

A jersey that falls off the back of a truck an is sold on Ebay is different that factory direct irregulars bought from overseas.

I really like both the cleats and the gloves. Im really hoping for some kind of Nike Combat Jersey to be used as an alternate home jersey. As much as everyone hated those "leaked" photoshop Nike Uniforms from last year, I thought the concept was great. Nike pushed the Uniform foundry this year with the University of Maryland Combat Uni's and as always the weekly University of Oregon Uniforms. Im looking forward to what Nike brings to the table in the coming months.

How many "irregulars" do you really think there are? The hologram is a fake too. It's not the same as discount stores. Further, I doubt the NFL even allows the sale of "irregulars" rather than ordering to destroy them and scrapping a contract with a sub-par manufacturer.

You don't see how many busts have been made in the counterfeit sports jersey market? It is rife here on the Internet, and even kiosks at events and some otherwise legitimate stores have been busted. There was one bust earlier this month in the Buffalo area. It's widespread and it's huge $. If you don't want to pay for an authentic jersey, then don't buy one, or buy a replica... and if you don't want a replica, then don't buy one.

The 'Yippee! Cheap stuff! Who cares who gets hurt and what laws are broken in the process?!!?' attitude that pervades is sickening.

There's no link here. Just discussion. There have been threads in the past where Chinese counterfeit seller recommendations and links have been posted. In the thread title, even. Not to mention threads about where to watch games online illegally. I'm just trying to say that TBD needs to watch how it conducts itself. Those words "All accounts, descriptions, and rebroadcasts of this game are exclusive property of the NFL..." aren't there for nothing. It won't matter whether you think it's a freedom of speech issue; the NFL has more $, more lawyers and more politicians than SDS/TBD.

How many "irregulars" do you really think there are? The hologram is a fake too. It's not the same as discount stores. Further, I doubt the NFL even allows the sale of "irregulars" rather than ordering to destroy them and scrapping a contract with a sub-par manufacturer.

You don't see how many busts have been made in the counterfeit sports jersey market? It is rife here on the Internet, and even kiosks at events and some otherwise legitimate stores have been busted. There was one bust earlier this month in the Buffalo area. It's widespread and it's huge $. If you don't want to pay for an authentic jersey, then don't buy one, or buy a replica... and if you don't want a replica, then don't buy one.

The 'Yippee! Cheap stuff! Who cares who gets hurt and what laws are broken in the process?!!?' attitude that pervades is sickening.

Which is all fine and dandy in terms of protecting/upholding the law but why doesn't the NFL ask themselves why a black market even exists? You'd have to be a fool to believe that an authentic jersey should be priced at over $275, when it is often made by lowly-paid Chinese employees working in factories across from the ones the counterfeit ones are being made in.

If they actually made jerseys that had a fair cost to them, the problem of counterfeiting wouldn't be so prevalent. We're not talking fake rolexes were the obvious lack of quality makes it a wasted purchase. We're talking about football jerseys. Some counterfeits look terrible, but some are very close to the original. The average person on a fixed income isn't going to care about hurting the NFL machine by buying a fake. They aren't educated on what conditions these jerseys are made in and, truth be told, sadly, they don't care. They would rather save the $150.

Which is all fine and dandy in terms of protecting/upholding the law but why doesn't the NFL ask themselves why a black market even exists? You'd have to be a fool to believe that an authentic jersey should be priced at over $275, when it is often made by lowly-paid Chinese employees working in factories across from the ones the counterfeit ones are being made in.

If they actually made jerseys that had a fair cost to them, the problem of counterfeiting wouldn't be so prevalent. We're not talking fake rolexes were the obvious lack of quality makes it a wasted purchase. We're talking about football jerseys. Some counterfeits look terrible, but some are very close to the original. The average person on a fixed income isn't going to care about hurting the NFL machine by buying a fake. They aren't educated on what conditions these jerseys are made in and, truth be told, sadly, they don't care. They would rather save the $150.

I agree with you, but I don't think that was his point. The point was that the jersey's are illegal regardless of your view on things and that linking to sites like that from this site could put TBD at risk. Not sure on the truth of that, but that's the point.

There are more irregulars than you would think. Considering both the skill level of the workers and the conditions that they work in, there are more errors in manufacturing than you would think. The sites that sell jerseys with holograms may indeed be black market, and I cannot comment on that. What I can comment on though are the sights that sell discounted factory irregulars. There may a limited number of them, but the reality is that companies are allowed to keep and resell them locally. Its the same with Super Bowl Champion T-shirts that are made pre-game with the loser on the front. Those clothing items get donated overseas. The NFL doesn't want the irregular products being sold in Amercia for two reasons, 1.) because it is an inferior product, and 2.) because LEGALLY they cannot charge for it therefore they get cut out of the money. Your assumption that the NFL will cut ties with a company that produces irregulars is a bit naive.

As for the widespread busts you speak about, I wonder how many of those places are selling knockoffs as the real thing? Thats fraud, and is most times what gets people busted. Selling of unlicensed goods as licensed ones is the issue that I think you have a problem with. The selling of factory irregulars, shouldn't be.

But it seems like you are the type of person who is less interested in actual facts, than just being angry about people getting a deal. I bought 4 jerseys this year. They are all irregulars. I wear them on Sundays and spill hot sauce ketchup blue cheese and soda all over them. And I could care less. You know why? I paid $130 for 4 of them. If Im the problem, then fine. I committed no crime, and worked within the boundaries of the law that exists today. Its not the fault of the educated consumer that the NFL and the global market has not been able to catch up with the advent of the internet and international retail. The world wants China's cheap labor and cheaper products, but they also want to charge full price for everything. And in the modern world, that just isn't a reality.

I agree with you, but I don't think that was his point. The point was that the jersey's are illegal regardless of your view on things and that linking to sites like that from this site could put TBD at risk. Not sure on the truth of that, but that's the point.

Correct. Don't think that the NFL isn't beyond shutting down sites.

Look what the govt has done to other file-sharing sites like Megaupload.

When they start cracking down, they're going to go full-bore. They see that TBD has hosted threads where posters have been allowed to say 'Use seller XY, it's spot-on!' and provide a link to that seller's store? Where links to illegally-streamed games are provided. Where a trademarked logo is used in the banner. Where users see ads and the site ostensibly makes some $.... There's a certain level of stuff they'll put up with in the name of it being like free advertising. But it's a dangerous thing to be treading on ground that hurts the NFL bottom line by being a conduit to / facilitating copyright infringement.

Correct. Don't think that the NFL isn't beyond shutting down sites.

Look what the govt has done to other file-sharing sites like Megaupload.

When they start cracking down, they're going to go full-bore. They see that TBD has hosted threads where posters have been allowed to say 'Use seller XY, it's spot-on!' and provide a link to that seller's store? Where links to illegally-streamed games are provided. Where a trademarked logo is used in the banner. Where users see ads and the site ostensibly makes some $.... There's a certain level of stuff they'll put up with in the name of it being like free advertising. But it's a dangerous thing to be treading on ground that hurts the NFL bottom line by being a conduit to / facilitating copyright infringement.

I think what you're posting is exactly why there was such an uproar over SOPA. Many felt that placing the onus on site administrators was unfair. In this case, it would be the government blaming SDS and TBD for the actions of forum users. As of now, the government can't do that. Even the case against MegaUpload will be a contentious one where the government has to prove that DotCom willingly knew that his users were using his site to illegally upload pirated material.