China - Eggs cooked in urine

mead107

Could you bring yourself to try these eggs?

They cook them all day in urine that is collected at schools from boys that are 10 and under only.

Health benefits _ keeps you from getting heat stroke.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/urine-cooked-eggs-a-delicacy-china-city-virgin-boy-eggs-spring-tradition-dongyan-article-1.1053444?localLinksEnabled=false

I talked about this in one if our beer threads. Mikkeller out of Denmark makes a stout using these civet crap coffee beans. I havent had it yet, a buddy has and says its excellent

I talked about this in one if our beer threads. Mikkeller out of Denmark makes a stout using these civet crap coffee beans. I havent had it yet, a buddy has and says its excellent

Have to admit from reviews describing it as a natural caramel/chocolate taste I'm interested in trying the coffee. Be funny (I think) to serve it to friends saying its the most expensive coffee in the world. Then if they love it, "spilling the beans" how it's made and seeing their reaction

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I looked around today trying to find some, but to no avail. Very rare. Then i read online the amount sold every year is about 10x amount actually produced, meaning your odds of getting the fake stuff is 90%. Lol how they fake it could be even more distrurbing. I won't bother looking anymore, odds too high of getting ripped off and it seems overhyped anyway. Heck even Oprah did a segment on it, big red flag there.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Could you bring yourself to try these eggs?

They cook them all day in urine that is collected at schools from boys that are 10 and under only.

Health benefits _ keeps you from getting heat stroke.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/urine-cooked-eggs-a-delicacy-china-city-virgin-boy-eggs-spring-tradition-dongyan-article-1.1053444?localLinksEnabled=false

Those motherf$%^ers stole my recipe for egg nog! Pirating DVDs, corporate espionage, now stealing priceless family traditions. Shame on you, China.

Update: I found a reputable place that sells the beans today. Funny they don't try to hide the source, instead proudly displaying a civet on the box cover. Only serves to make me less willing to drink aomething that passed thru its butt. Then they put an opened packet under my nose to sniff the aroma, pretty much strike 2 as it again reinforced the civets butt, the sniffing that is. Strike 3 it smelled pretty much like Starbucks. Not that I dislike Starbucks just not worth what amounted to $15/cup, at a minimum purchase of $100 worth of beans.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Did u try a cup? Ive heard its very tasty, at least when used in the beer.

Update: I found a reputable place that sells the beans today. Funny they don't try to hide the source, instead proudly displaying a civet on the box cover. Only serves to make me less willing to drink aomething that passed thru its butt. Then they put an opened packet under my nose to sniff the aroma, pretty much strike 2 as it again reinforced the civets butt, the sniffing that is. Strike 3 it smelled pretty much like Starbucks. Not that I dislike Starbucks just not worth what amounted to $15/cup, at a minimum purchase of $100 worth of beans.