OVER/UNDER Mario Williams 15 sacks?

I'm gonna say 13, but the Bills get way more than the 30-some sacks they got last year

Ha! The Bills only had 29, and that's including the 10 in the Washington game. Yikes.

Anyway, I'll say under. 15 is a lot, and requires some luck. But I'll say team sacks go up, and more importantly, team QB hurries go way up. Three straight pass plays with pressure, even if no one actually sacks the QB, is better than two plays with no pressure and one sack.

Hmmmmmm?

He's going to be a Bill and he will get game planned every week. "Under" without question. I honestly expect about 9 - 11 for Mario but his impact to the team will be MUCH larger than his sack total.

The better question to ask would be what is the over/under for TEAM sacks? If everyone stays healthy which is our problem every year I think the over/under for team sacks for 2012 is 40 up from 29 for 2011. I would take a very optimistic over.

I think that the addition of Mario, Dareus with an actual off season this year to train and a healthy KW should account for 16+ sacks over last year as the TEAM will be better as a whole for signing Mario.

Edited by PDaDdy

15?!? His career best was 14 in 2007. His career average is 0.65/game. So based on 16 games and his average he'll do 10. Let's say our d-line is awesome next year and stays healthy throughout. A great team does around 50 sacks a season. 10 for Mario, 10 for Kyle, 10 for Dareus, 5 for the RDE, leaves 15 assorted lbs/safeties etc. Then again Jared Allen managed 22 last season.

Edited by bladiebla

15?!? His career best was 14 in 2007. His career average is 0.65/game. So based on 16 games and his average he'll do 10. Let's say our d-line is awesome next year and stays healthy throughout. A great team does around 50 sacks a season. 10 for Mario, 10 for Kyle, 10 for Dareus, 5 for the RDE, leaves 15 assorted lbs/safeties etc. Then again Jared Allen managed 22 last season.

Wash that rookie year and it's about a dead on .75, and 12 for 16 games.