Dolphins sign David Garrard

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always like Garrard -- if is healthy he is better than a "replacement player level" but not sure if he is much more than that unless his mobility and ability to shrug off pocket pressure/arm tackles has returned. I thought they would target Tannehill in the draft given the relationship he has w/ Mike Sherman but maybe they don't think he will fall to them. I guess signing Garrard doesn't preclude taking Tannehil. Might as well see if what Matt Moore can give them this season and then address the QB position next year.

Suck for Barkley. All I can think of. The Dolphins are waving the white flag. Ireland needs to go...but I'll be more than happy to see him stay.

Exactly what I was thinking, but they'll probably win too many games for that.

Pretty sure he ended up having back surgery and couldn't play last year.

I doubt he beats out Moore in camp, TBH.

He did have back surgery at some point last season, but this is what I was referring to:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday that former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback David Garrard, who was released on the eve of the NFL season, is not interested in playing for Miami Dolphins.

Garrard says the Dolphins were one of the teams that contacted him after his Sept. 6 release and contacted him again after Chad Heene injured his shoulder against the San Diego Chargers.

Garrard said the Dolphins "were not willing to guarantee me the kind of money that reflects a real commitment."

Without a reasonable financial commitment, Garrard said he was not willing to embrace the Dolphins' 0-4 start.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-10-08/sports/sfl-miami-dolphins-garrard-1008_1_qb-david-garrard-jacksonville-jaguars-quarterback-miami-dolphins

He did have back surgery at some point last season, but this is what I was referring to:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday that former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback David Garrard, who was released on the eve of the NFL season, is not interested in playing for Miami Dolphins.

Garrard says the Dolphins were one of the teams that contacted him after his Sept. 6 release and contacted him again after Chad Heene injured his shoulder against the San Diego Chargers.

Garrard said the Dolphins "were not willing to guarantee me the kind of money that reflects a real commitment."

Without a reasonable financial commitment, Garrard said he was not willing to embrace the Dolphins' 0-4 start.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-10-08/sports/sfl-miami-dolphins-garrard-1008_1_qb-david-garrard-jacksonville-jaguars-quarterback-miami-dolphins

Wow, never heard that. Thanks for posting.

Kind of have to wonder if it was due to him needing the surgery, assuming it was known by the Dolphins.

I like what Moore showed last year, although he'll be without Marshall this year. They won't be as easy an out as everyone is making them out to be if they draft smart. But boy do I hope I'm wrong... I hate them about as much as I hate the Pats, and the Dolphin hatred goes back much further...