/dev/null

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is it cool for new users to use same avatar as long time established posters

• Yes
    • No

In general, I say no.

As to the specific case you're talking about, dev, that's one of the TSW-supplied avatars, is it not? I think it's one thing to go out and download a picture that another poster uses for an avatar and use that, while this case is slightly different.

A qualified "No". If the avatar in question is extremely unusual, it would seem odd for someone else to use it. If it's just another Bills logo, helmet, or favorite player, it would not be a big deal (unless I was the victim of a stolen avatar - then, IT'S WAR!) LoL.

is it a widely used avatar? just as an example off the top of my head, something like peter griffin? something like that i chalk up to mere coincidence as it is a popular character...but if its something like a buffalo bills helmet with a grateful dead in the middle of it then no, as i put that together myself as it was difficult to find that image online

Over in the TSW's armpit known as the PPP cesspool a non-political issue was raised.

Is it cool for a new guy to start using a recognizable avatar of an established long time regular?

I identify posters by their avatar alot of the time, Its like your face here, copying that would be like stealing your face

You are so right. If it weren't for Avatars I'd have no idea who I was talking to.

And once again. I hate the mother !@#$ers who couln't come up with their own avatars.

I identify posters by their avatar alot of the time, Its like your face here, copying that would be like stealing your face

Avatar changes and username changes throw me for a loop for at least a week. I hate it.