Bills trading up for Tannehill?

BRAWNDO

1332086094[/url]' post='2413305']

And I'll be throwing up in my mouth. Tannehill is a career backup and sure as heck not worthy of us wasting a 1st, more or less trading up, to get him. Tannehill is another product of a weak QB class, other than the first two, that will cause teams to reach WAY TOO HIGH to get him. I hope we are well beyond that rationale. I call BS on this report.

Not really. He started QB AND Wr. Were you saying he's a career backup in the nfl?? I kinda thought that you had to be drafted and play a couple snaps before you could "know" this. You don't know jack.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so ... But of coarse i didn't think we had the stones to go after Mario so i'm still a bit dazed not to mention gun shy when some one says we are going to go after another prospect ..

I think there might be a chance if this Tannehil is as good as everybody says he is that we take him at 10 if he falls to us but i don't see Buddy giving up picks to go up after him , that's just me ..

Buddy did say there was good depth in the pass rush later in the draft so i'm not sure as the mockers have said that we will take Coples at 10 but can you imagine bookend N. Carolina players - 6' 6" 285 lbs rushing Tom Brady ??

I trust Buddy & company !!

The only possible reason they would do this is to screw the Dolphins. It would be pretty funny actually if Manning signs with Tenn and Flynn signs with Seattle and the Bills jump up and grab the only other decent QB left. Miami would be stuck with Henne and Moore for another season lol.

The only possible reason they would do this is to screw the Dolphins. It would be pretty funny actually if Manning signs with Tenn and Flynn signs with Seattle and the Bills jump up and grab the only other decent QB left. Miami would be stuck with Henne and Moore for another season lol.

Except that Henne already signed with the Jags..

I don't think so ... But of coarse i didn't think we had the stones to go after Mario so i'm still a bit dazed not to mention gun shy when some one says we are going to go after another prospect ..

I think there might be a chance if this Tannehil is as good as everybody says he is that we take him at 10 if he falls to us but i don't see Buddy giving up picks to go up after him , that's just me ..

Buddy did say there was good depth in the pass rush later in the draft so i'm not sure as the mockers have said that we will take Coples at 10 but can you imagine bookend N. Carolina players - 6' 6" 285 lbs rushing Tom Brady ??

I trust Buddy & company !!

FYI, coarse is like sandpaper, course is a direction, route, advancement or progression.. of course!

I would agree

team chemistry on a 6 win team is got to be the #1 priority

don't rock the boat

The team is better than a 6 win team, it's called injuries. Talking about chemistry Fitz is Johnson's guy and the team does look up to him. Plus they convinced Williams we were poised to take a step - hard to happen with a rookie QB. No need to be an asshat!

This newsflash out of Miami. The Bills will jump in front of the Fins to grab Tannehill if he gets by Cleveland.

@LinderWQAM Reports out of Buffalo they are in on Tannehill and will trade up to get him. IF he gets by Cleveland, Bills will jump Fins.

My link

Are they in a state of panic in South Florida? I cannot see this happening.

Dear God how I hope Cleveland takes him now.

The Broncos did.

True, but how much confidence do they have in him to be the starter while going after Manning? I would love to see the Bills grab a developmental QB starting around the fourth round, moving up to the top seven of the draft(ahead of Miami) to grab the third best player at his position seems very risky.

i wouldn't trade up at all. I say we draft an LT. Plus their always a QB to draft next year.

It depends on who falls to us... Reiff was weak at the combine, Mike Adams lack of Athleticism may make him a RT, Jonathan Martin is a reshirt Junior (Buddy and Chan like players who have preformed at a high level for 4 years when drafting that high). There is a lot of question as to what value you are getting with the number 10 pick, there is a large crop of tackles in the draft, the question is can we trade back, who falls to us at #10( If CB Claiborne or WR Blackman or WR Floyd then we may be smart to take one). Then its a matter of can we get a quality LT in the second round or can we trade back into the end of Rnd 1.

This trade up will never happen.

All teams want elite QBs, but the fact is there are only a handful of them. We all know what an elite QB can bring to a team - in almost every game, can carry the team on their back, etc. They also cost a f&ckton of money.

Would you rather have Fitz (or other average-to above average QB-to good QB) and a amazing starting RB and amazing #1WR and great #2WR or an elite QB with one good #1Wr a decent #2 WR and a journey RB? That is the tradeoff. There is only x amount of dollars to go around.

It surprises me to say this, cause I love the idea of a franchise QB, in today's NFL I think I would rather surround a good QB (who is smart -makes quick and correct decisions, can make almost all the throws and releases the ball quickly) with elite talented playmakers. Think of Fitz with FJ, SJ (as a #2), a Megatronesque #1 compared to an elite combo. It is hard to hold on to triplets now with 3 elite players at QB,RB and WR. An amazing/elite WR can make an average QB a whole ton better by catching his errant throws or imperfectly placed ones. An elite QB can't make a average WR great if he can't catch or get separation.

tannehill is going to drop on draft day. the notion that anyone is going to actually trade UP to get this guy is absurd. no one trades up to obtain questionable talent.

Yeah, Tebow and Ponder didn't have questions surrounding them.